PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with TVG?

WinterTriangle
10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
On their programming, it says 8:00am - 11:00 Arc.....

instead, here I am, watching a documentary (repeat) about Lava Man.

They'll show foreign racing most other mornings, but they pick this morning of all mornings to opt out? Awful.

No........unforgiveable.:mad:

I'm SO DONE with them. Believe me, there will be many more sending them emails about this.

BTW, when STS came out on the field, I *never* heard this much cheering for a horse. Never.

STS --- best horse in the world. he had a rough, rough trip, too.

bisket
10-04-2009, 10:47 AM
the only time i watch tvg is to watch a race. even there lead ups to big races are a joke.

BillW
10-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Why not slam HRTV too? Their programming shows "Inside Information" and they are airing the Arc.

Enigma
10-04-2009, 10:59 AM
TVG are now beyond a joke.
They ship people off to various tracks and all they do is talk about their picks.
An example of how stupid they have become. Todd opens the show from Belmont and Paul's first comment is "Did you enjoy dinner last night"
Please give me a break !!!!

WinterTriangle
10-04-2009, 11:05 AM
TVG are now beyond a joke.
They ship people off to various tracks and all they do is talk about their picks.

Not to mention, their picks take precedent over the post parades!!!!!. Their little pick boxes OBSCURE THE SCREEN during post parades. :bang:

That is some ego....isn't it? Your picks are more important than the actual horses running the race for your customer?

I'm sorry. I was not complaining about them before. But I've had enough now.

Don't have it listed in your programming if you're not even going to show the race.

redshift1
10-04-2009, 01:57 PM
On their programming, it says 8:00am - 11:00 Arc.....

instead, here I am, watching a documentary (repeat) about Lava Man.

They'll show foreign racing most other mornings, but they pick this morning of all mornings to opt out? Awful.

No........unforgiveable.:mad:

I'm SO DONE with them. Believe me, there will be many more sending them emails about this.

BTW, when STS came out on the field, I *never* heard this much cheering for a horse. Never.

STS --- best horse in the world. he had a rough, rough trip, too.

Fortunately I recorded both HRTV and TVG just in case also the record times
were crazy my DVR did not match the program guide.

MickJ26
10-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Fortunately for me, the Nassau OTB channel on Long Island carried all the Longchamp races. I'm guessing TVG (the evil empire) for some reason, wasn't contractually permitted to carry the races.

OTM Al
10-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Racing coverage is parsed up in Europe. TVG has a deal with At The Races to show the tracks they have. Evidently, ATR did not get rights for the Arc, but rather the group that has the other half of the English tracks (and also some from S Af. as well) did. That group is affiliated with HRTV/Twin Spires. Therefore, the races were shown on HRTV and not TVG. Blaming TVG for not showing the race is like blaming CBS for not showing the Superbowl when Fox has the contract for it.

Tom
10-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Why not slam HRTV too? Their programming shows "Inside Information" and they are airing the Arc.

Hmmmmm, sounds like a good idea!

redshift1
10-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Hmmmmm, sounds like a good idea!

What's the fuss It was only the most important international horse race of the year with arguably one of the greatest horses of the new millennium. If It didn't happen at Los Alamitos its not newsworthy

strapper
10-04-2009, 06:09 PM
TVG's big thing right now is to let horseplayers know their funds are secure. How many times a day to they currently air this fact? It's getting kind of annoying.

turfnsport
10-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Blaming TVG for not showing the race is like blaming CBS for not showing the Superbowl when Fox has the contract for it.

Since they promoted they were covering it and it was on my TV guide that Arc coverage started at 9 ET on TVG, I'm going to go ahead and blame TVG.

TVG is becoming more pathetic each and every day.

David-LV
10-04-2009, 06:58 PM
If you made all the plays that the geniuses on TVG posted the last few years you would have to apply for a TARP bailout just to get even.

Please Dish, hurry up and get those racing channels uplinked and save us from the EGO geniuses at TVG that have zero knowledge about handicapping, programming and horse racing.

________
David-LV

OTM Al
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Since they promoted they were covering it and it was on my TV guide that Arc coverage started at 9 ET on TVG, I'm going to go ahead and blame TVG.

TVG is becoming more pathetic each and every day.

Really? I looked at their web site several times and never saw anything about showing the Arc. Not saying they didn't say it on the air as I didn't watch at all this week, but this weekend stakes schedule from Paulick says HRTV had it and this was posted Friday.

http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/weekend-stakes-where-to-watch-brought-to-you-by-kbc-horse-supplies-8/

WinterTriangle
10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
OTM,

when I want to watch something on TV, I use my remote, I don't log onto the internet to see what's on. I imagine this is the same for most people? :)

However, if I DID go to their very own website, I just looked. Under programming, it's up for Oct 4th: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe

Beside the point anyway. Like someone said, it's only one of the most prestigious big races in the world, and TVG is a dedicated horse racing channel, didn't cover it, to me that means they're going downhill.

No excuse for this.

NTRA touts them as covering it in their PR, and TVG brags about covering it in all their advertisements.

Tom
10-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I know.....the guy at TVG who can read had the weekend off. :D

redshift1
10-04-2009, 10:35 PM
In addition to the omission of the ARC telecast TVG currently is no longer devoting slavish adoration to the Oak Tree Mtg any insiders know what's going on.

David-LV
10-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Do these guys TVG know which end of the horse the tail is on.

What a joke.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

// http://www.tvg.com/images/_logoOpen.gif (http://www.tvg.com/)

http://www.tvg.com/_images/_navBetNow_1.gifhttp://www.tvg.com/_images/_navBetNow_0.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:topCallsToNavigation%28%27WAGERWINDOW%27%29;)

http://www.tvg.com/_images/_nav_endTab.gif

Programming

ALL TIMES EASTERN

Sunday, October 04, 2009

1:00 AM - 3:00 AM International Racing 7:00 AM - 7:30 AM Meadowlands Replay Show 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM Hawthorne Replay Show 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM Turfway Park Replay Show 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Los Alamitos Replay Show 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Los Alamitos Replay Show 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM The Morning Line 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Starting Gate

InsideThePylons-MW
10-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Blaming TVG for not showing the race is like blaming CBS for not showing the Superbowl when Fox has the contract for it.

If CBS advertised all week that they would televise the Super Bowl just like TVG advertised all week that they would have the ARC with Simon Bray on site in Paris hosting the festivities, then CBS would be to blame for being morons.