PDA

View Full Version : How do they do it?????

Igeteven
10-03-2009, 05:11 PM
How do they hit the big tri's ?????

Anyone can hit a huge Ex, but when it comes to the tri;s that go over 5000 grand and up, someone always hits it.

A professional Handicapper will never look at those horses for a split second, even a weekend warrior can’t handicapping these horses, yet, someone does and laughs all the way to the bank.

Imagine a payoff like this in a 10 or 12 horse field.

Winner, $75.00

Second place payoff is $40.00

Third Place payoff is $15.00

Tri pay off is 6500 dollars and up

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW THEY DO IT.

Steven Kolb
10-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Hitting the big Trifecta isn't so hard.

Their grandaughters age
Their birth month
Their favorite number

_ 4 / 3 / 9

$1 Tri = $5,000 winner

You, me, and most other horseplayers "think" too much.

Kolb

coolpohle
10-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Well, you could key that $75 winner in the top spot by itself, with the rest of the field in the 2nd and 3rd spot. If you did it for 50 cents, it would cost you $36. Say you only key four horses in the 2nd spot (and then all of them in the 3rd) and it would cost you $16 on a 50 cent wager.

bisket
10-03-2009, 07:56 PM
its called polytrack :cool:

Tape Reader
10-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I often think that if there was a tote board analyst on TVG, how he/she would justify their selection to the TV audience. You can't do it by the PP's. It's just some irregularity in the betting that you picked up on. They would be laughed off the stage...until a big hit.

"Luck" would be the response of the PP readers.

In truth, the tote board reader knows that all is not know in the PP's, and bets accordingly.

GameTheory
10-03-2009, 10:12 PM
There is also plenty to know that is neither in the PPs or on the toteboard, but that can be known with some simple record-keeping. The fact is that most longshots do "figure", just not be the usual obvious metrics of speed figures, etc...

Cat Thief
10-04-2009, 08:48 AM
They do quick picks. How else could they win? No handicapper would have picked Interpation to win against Gio Ponti ... no handicapper in the world owuld have. That is why betting horses is so unpredictable. I tried some serious handicapping for about 5 years and gave up. Now my hndicapping is not that serious, I look at beyers, I look at the horses and I make a wager and seem to win as much as I did when handcapping.