PDA

View Full Version : Check Chantal's Web Site/Lady Godiva ? Almost

JustRalph
10-03-2009, 05:07 PM
http://www.jockeychantalsutherland.com/

illinoisbred
10-03-2009, 05:20 PM
What the hell is wrong with Mike Smith? Girls like her don't fall off trees, even in southern California!

coolpohle
10-03-2009, 07:45 PM
What the hell is wrong with Mike Smith? Girls like her don't fall off trees, even in southern California!

Did he break it off with her? If so, that's a mental breakdown to say the least. They do ride at different circuits so I'm sure that was tough to work out.

Horseplayersbet.com
10-03-2009, 07:46 PM
She has been quiet of late on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/jockeychantal

illinoisbred
10-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Did he break it off with her? If so, that's a mental breakdown to say the least. They do ride at different circuits so I'm sure that was tough to work out.
No,I don't believe so. She had considerable success at Woodbine last year so she surely wanted to go back. By the way, anyone know the whereabouts of Diane Nelson? Another knockout from NY.

WinterTriangle
10-03-2009, 08:18 PM
To me, Mike has always seemed somewhat emotionally disconnected and remote.

I support the opposites attract theory.....trouble when you are both in the same field (actor/actor, etc.) She needs to find a nice supportive house husband. ;)

I felt so bad for her on Jockeys as she's watching Mine That Bird win the KY Derby, saying aloud "that could have been me!" (since she was his rider in Canada).........and Mike giving her platitudes on the phone "oh tomorrow's another day".......

I never got the feeling he supported her in her career.

tucker6
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM

I support the opposites attract theory.....trouble when you are both in the same field (actor/actor, etc.) She needs to find a nice supportive house husband. ;)

I felt so bad for her on Jockeys as she's watching Mine That Bird win the KY Derby, saying aloud "that could have been me!" (since she was his rider in Canada).........and Mike giving her platitudes on the phone "oh tomorrow's another day".......

WT,

Do you have a house?? Are you the supportive type?? Are you single?? If you can answer "yes" to all three questions, I think I've found you a wife. :D

WinterTriangle
10-03-2009, 08:36 PM
WT,

Do you have a house?? Are you the supportive type?? Are you single?? If you can answer "yes" to all three questions, I think I've found you a wife. :D

Um....I don't want a wife.

I don't swing with my own kind, if you know what I mean. :lol:

But the answer to your questions is yes, yes, and yes.

See what you can do for me. ;)

Greyfox
10-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the Posted Picture JR. That horse is gorgeous. :D

tucker6
10-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Um....I don't want a wife.

I don't swing with my own kind, if you know what I mean. :lol:

But the answer to your questions is yes, yes, and yes.

See what you can do for me. ;)
Let me look in my mail order bride catalog, and I'll see what I can do for you. Only slightly off topic, but can you speak Inuit?? I ask only because I may have to cast a wide net for you, and it's best to be prepared. :)

Tom
10-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Is Jockeys going to cover this?
I'm heading to Woodbine.......right now! WooHoo!:eek:

JimG
10-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the Posted Picture JR. That horse is gorgeous. :D

Horse?? In the words of the immortal Dick Enberg, "Oh, My!!"

tucker6
10-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Is Jockeys going to cover this?
I'm heading to Woodbine.......right now! WooHoo!:eek:
Can you imagine the gate attendance if the lady jockeys were to "dress" like Chantal. Talk about good marketing.

... and no, Joanie, no one wants to see the male jockeys with anything less than winter coats. :lol:

JustRalph
10-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Liebovitz must have been licking her lips when she took that shot :lol:

Tom
10-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Beats the HELL out of "hat day."

OTM Al.......suggestion for Toga next year......:cool:

nijinski
10-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Oh , You guys are so baaaad.
But while we are on the subject , there are a few trainers that are
easy on the eye , but just a few.

Imriledup
10-04-2009, 01:47 AM

That was a pretty pretentious moment when she proclaimed she would have done just as good of a job as Calvin.

When she said "i would have won the Derby" she really meant "i'm just as good as Calvin Borel at Churchill"

WinterTriangle
10-04-2009, 04:11 AM
That was a pretty pretentious moment when she proclaimed she would have done just as good of a job as Calvin.

When she said "i would have won the Derby" she really meant "i'm just as good as Calvin Borel at Churchill"

I didn't get that read at all. Before the race she mused "wouldn't it be weird if MTB won?" or something like that.

She piloted him to all his stakes wins in Canada, and was merely seeing the *possibilities* here. Seemed like a pretty normal reaction to me.

Imriledup
10-04-2009, 04:47 AM
I didn't get that read at all. Before the race she mused "wouldn't it be weird if MTB won?" or something like that.

She piloted him to all his stakes wins in Canada, and was merely seeing the *possibilities* here. Seemed like a pretty normal reaction to me.

Ok, fair enough. Maybe she thought the horse won by so many lengths that there's no way she WOULDNT have won.

Sailwolf
10-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Ok, fair enough. Maybe she thought the horse won by so many lengths that there's no way she WOULDNT have won.

She is a good jockey. Look at her stats at woodbine.

She would have won at KD It would advanced the cause for female jockeys.

illinoisbred
10-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Oh , You guys are so baaaad.
But while we are on the subject , there are a few trainers that are
easy on the eye , but just a few.
Rebecca Maker,Francine Walder-Faraci,Lara VanDeren, just a few in Illinois.

castaway01
10-04-2009, 08:47 AM
She is a good jockey. Look at her stats at woodbine.

She would have won at KD It would advanced the cause for female jockeys.

If you're a professional athlete and don't think you can perform as well as your peers, then you don't have the confidence to succeed in the game.

MickJ26
10-04-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm glad Chantal finally had enough of Mike's macho head games. She deserves better. Hopefully, after Woodbine's meet ends, she'll come back to New York.
If Chantal rides the Aqueduct Inner, she'll be top five probably in the jockey standings and only about an hour or so flight back to Toronto.