PDA

View Full Version : Goldikova Beaten

Java Gold@TFT
10-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I heard it a little while ago on the local TV feed and didn't see the race but they reported that Goldikova was beaten today in her 7F race in France. I'm sure a report will be posted somewhere soon and the video will be on Youtube later.

joanied
10-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Well crap:mad: I suppose it shouldn't be surprise...after all, she's a miler and I know they were concerned this one was too short for her...still, a bummer...

me thinks I gotta be careful about coming here today, or looking at any updates I get in my email box...I don't wanna know who wins the Arc...I have my TV set to record it tomorrow morning:jump:

Have a good one, JavaG:)

Java Gold@TFT
10-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Most recent report was that she had the lead and got passed and finished 3rd. Not a good sign for her to get passed in a 7F race.

Valuist
10-03-2009, 12:02 PM
What will be the excuse?

a) the distance
b) the footing
c) the competition

My guess is it won't be answer c.

joanied
10-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Hmmmmm...a video should be available soon...but geeze, if she had the lead and got passed...it means the 7F wasn't too short for her...maybe she's going off form? be interesting to see what they say as to why she got beat...I am curious as to how bad she was beat...if it was a nose or so, maybe she just got a bit unlucky...if it was a length or more...well, seems to me she is no longer that lock for the BC.
Hate to see her get beat:faint: though.

PS...1st at Belmont is going right now...so far the weather seems to be holding:) fingers crossed:ThmbUp:

RobinFromIreland
10-03-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k1lM2aWJWfo8p91dlfn&related=0

Java Gold@TFT
10-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Didn't look like there were any real excuses to me. She was clear with 150 yards to go and got run down by two others while under strong urging.

Maybe Ventura's people will think about the BC Mile now instead of the Ladies Sprint.