PDA

View Full Version : Computrack 2006 Questions

Triopstor
10-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Hello.

I'm interested in Computrack 2006 designed by Rube Boxer for sale at the website http://www.revelationprofits.com/Purchasing.asp

I have no financial connections with the company.

I have known about this software for years now. I wrote a an email to Rube Boxer dated 2007/07/09 about a 1914 Mechanics Applied Race Horse book for sale on ebay. Some one else won the book.

During those in between years I was wagering at www.Betfair.com (http://www.betfair.com/).

Now that I wager more smartly. I would like to purchase this program for US/Canada throroughbred racing. Might take some time for me to save money for this though.

QUESTIONS:
1. Is Rube Boxer alive and well?
2. Any updated news on Computrack 2006? Still 36% winners?
3. Some one mentioned a Yeast handicapping program in comparison?
4. Any one selling their copy of the program if this is permissible.
5. Any people's comments about this software program?

Thank you!

green80
10-02-2009, 08:25 PM
I used computrack for a while and came nowhere close to 36% winners. Although it will produce a few hi priced winners at times, I think there is some better software on the market. There is no holy grail, winning with any software takes a lot of work.

Triopstor
10-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks for your comments here. Quickly too.

You said "...for a while..." but how long is while? I believe all selection systems must be based upon 200 winners(not to be confused with races) as a data sample.

Having large sized prices at times makes a good program to keep one's personal money limits alive. So that's a plus for Computrack 2006.

And what would be better software?

I used computrack for a while and came nowhere close to 36% winners. Although it will produce a few hi priced winners at times, I think there is some better software on the market. There is no holy grail, winning with any software takes a lot of work.

banacek
10-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I believe he posts as thoroughbred here.

green80
10-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks for your comments here. Quickly too.

You said "...for a while..." but how long is while? I believe all selection systems must be based upon 200 winners(not to be confused with races) as a data sample.

Having large sized prices at times makes a good program to keep one's personal money limits alive. So that's a plus for Computrack 2006.

And what would be better software?

I used it for over 3000 races and over 200 winners at various tracks. Although I no longer have my records on computrack, it produced more like 10-15% winners when you look at all races and all tracks. There were days when it's selections were profitable but overall I could not make money with it.

DeadHeat
10-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I own it. It seems to work best with Routes on Turf as far as I can tell, at least for finding some good prices. Other than that, I would agree with the other posts here as far as wins go.

Every few months I start it up and try to find some way to make money with it but haven't found a way yet.

There have been no updates for quite some time now which I would guess means they cannot improve upon it or are not going to improve upon it.

My main gripe with the software is you have to have Excel on your computer to use one of the features instead of being able to use other spreadsheet software.

There is a "never ending" free trial of Computrak. You get so many days of unlimited use and after that time is up you get 1 random day each week to use it. Get on their email list if you are interested and you may get offered a discount on the software at some point as I did (if you are still interested).

horseplayer
10-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Hello.

I'm interested in Computrack 2006 designed by Rube Boxer for sale at the website http://www.revelationprofits.com/Purchasing.asp

I have no financial connections with the company.

I have known about this software for years now. I wrote a an email to Rube Boxer dated 2007/07/09 about a 1914 Mechanics Applied Race Horse book for sale on ebay. Some one else won the book.

During those in between years I was wagering at www.Betfair.com (http://www.betfair.com/).

Now that I wager more smartly. I would like to purchase this program for US/Canada throroughbred racing. Might take some time for me to save money for this though.

QUESTIONS:
1. Is Rube Boxer alive and well?
2. Any updated news on Computrack 2006? Still 36% winners?
3. Some one mentioned a Yeast handicapping program in comparison?
4. Any one selling their copy of the program if this is permissible.
5. Any people's comments about this software program?

Thank you!

I have the pgm and will use it occasionally - as mentioned it is good for turf races he has a factor he computes for horses called "friction" and is good for turf horses that are strong closers . His generated odds line can produce big payoffs among the top 3-4 listed (lol - I am sure a lot of pgms can do this) - my gripe is that some horses come up as "na" when there is data there to evaluate - eg - 10/28/2009 Woodbine race 3 morning line horse 3-1 - 7f race comes up "na" but horse has 7f and multiple sprint pps. I mentioned this to him and he says it is a "data' problem. I use .50 tsn files when I had a subscription to procaps unlimited file usage for approx $59 a month his pgm had trouble reading files at times. I believe this is the case of pgms written
awhile back they have not been updated to reflect changes and whoever wrote the software is not around or wants too much to change it. A lot of stuff out there reads brisnet files but tsn a brisnet offshoot is 1/2 price cheaper yet they won't change software . Was talking awhile back to guy re a pgm and i told him i would not buy it if it does not read tsn files.

Fwizard
10-31-2009, 08:52 AM
Also be aware it does not work with 64-bit laptops.

thoroughbred
11-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Also be aware it does not work with 64-bit laptops.

FWizard,

You are correct. When Microsoft introduced 64 bit computers with some, not all, Vista systems, it was not back compatible with some applications including CompuTrak.

But we have just heard, that the new Windows 7 operationg system, has an XP option, and that even if the Windows 7 computer is one of the 64 bit types, the XP option includes running it at 32 bits.

We haven't had the opportunity to check all of this out yet, but much discussion on the Internet describes this and we are hopeful that Microsoft heard from many application providers and finally listened and put the XP 32 bit option in Windows 7.

I guess even Microsoft must now concede that Vista was a big mistake and that XP was, and is, far superior.

DeadHeat
11-01-2009, 10:38 PM
My understanding is that Windows 7 Pro will have an XP option but the Home version will not.

thoroughbred
05-14-2010, 07:41 PM
My understanding is that Windows 7 Pro will have an XP option but the Home version will not.

DeadHeat:

Now Windows 7 users, and users of other 64 bit systems, e.g., Some Vista systems, needn't take any special actions to run CompuTrak. It is now designed for both 64 and 32 bit computers.

Disclosure: I am the developer of CompuTrak.

Maxspa
05-27-2010, 07:08 AM
All,
New Computrack advertisement in the Daily Racing Form so there probably is a new revival of the software!
I'm not suggesting any purchase here- I just mean to inform those of you that showed interest in this thread!
Maxspa