PDA

View Full Version : Stardom Bound

classhandicapper
10-01-2009, 12:05 AM
From DRF:

>>>>Meanwhile, Dutrow said it would be "a miracle" if Stardom Bound, last year's 2-year-old filly champion, were to make it to the Breeders' Cup. Stardom Bound worked four furlongs in 48.69 seconds Tuesday at Aqueduct.

"It's more a dream than possible, I'm thinking," Dutrow said. "It'd be a miracle if she does get to the [Breeders' Cup]. After that, we'll start looking. But it's all good with her, I'm very happy with her. If she stays this way, she's going to win a big race again; I don't know where or when."<<<<

Anyone besides me think it's a bit silly to be even discussing her being in the BC?

I think she's one of those horses that is simultaneously underrated and overrated. She's overrated by some based on her "record" as a 2YO, but underrated by some because IMO her races this year weren't quite as disappointing as they looked even though they earned slow speed figures.

She's got that "synthetic" style that will probably not translate well to dirt, but I am curious to see what Dutrow can get out of her.

statepierback
10-01-2009, 12:51 AM
She likes that surface and could get a piece of the purse if a race comes up soft.

joanied
10-01-2009, 12:37 PM
IMveryHO... there is no use rushing Stardom Bound, and I beleive that Dutrow was trying to be as tactful as he could in telling folks not to hold their breath over seeing her in the BC Distaff.
I see no good reason to run her at anything less than 100% just to try and hit the board.

bisket
10-01-2009, 02:49 PM
i don't think she'll be in the cup, but theres lots of winter racing at santa anita that i think she could definately pick up some grade 1's

hazzardm
10-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I would love to see her run in the BC, for the dead money she would take.

I suspect a turf effort will be in her near future.

joanied
10-01-2009, 03:59 PM
She likes that surface and could get a piece of the purse if a race comes up soft.

No way this one will come up 'soft'...fahgetaboutit:)

joanied
10-01-2009, 04:00 PM
i don't think she'll be in the cup, but theres lots of winter racing at santa anita that i think she could definately pick up some grade 1's

There's a thread at the BC section about SB... But, yeah, agreed:)