PDA

View Full Version : HandiFAST

douglasw32
09-30-2009, 11:10 PM
After my own exhaustive testing I would like to Vote for ONE Version (In development) ReNamed, I will package the current version into an installer for Handi and Headhawg and Host the installer for download on our servers.

The program itself has outgrown anything I could add to it, and it outperforms anything I put together in the summary ;)

:ThmbUp:

headhawg
10-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Hmmm... Does this mean that you're going to learn Liberty Basic, or do me and Handi have to learn VB? Or are you just trying to get out of doing more coding? :D

Handiman
10-01-2009, 03:21 AM
Ok here is what plan I have in the works.

Doug-Head-Handifast version 1 million

program highlights.

Doug's small opening screen with button for data files, results, launch handifast as it is now.

one main screen with ability to load 6 tracks at top of screen for live play.

drop down menus for all six tracks to load races for each track

radio button for each track allowing user to move smoothly between track displays.

Ability to print each race to printer or to csv file.

Each display will be sortable as is now available in handifast summary,

Second summary table matching Doug's summary displayed just under handifast summary.

possible race gradation based on runstyle mix as recently mentioned.

sorting based on Head's coding
csv printing based on head's coding
printer printing based on Handi's coding
summaries based on Doug's original work and his most recent work

I believe that is where my flow chart sits presently. I have 2 tracks working as of tonight, but still have 4 tracks to code. It will be slow but this is what I imagine could be a cool program.

Handi :)

AAcoolguy
10-01-2009, 04:40 AM
Ok here is what plan I have in the works.

Doug-Head-Handifast version 1 million

program highlights.

Doug's small opening screen with button for data files, results, launch handifast as it is now.

one main screen with ability to load 6 tracks at top of screen for live play.

drop down menus for all six tracks to load races for each track

radio button for each track allowing user to move smoothly between track displays.

Ability to print each race to printer or to csv file.

Each display will be sortable as is now available in handifast summary,

Second summary table matching Doug's summary displayed just under handifast summary.

I believe that is where my flow chart sits presently. I have 2 tracks working as of tonight, but still have 4 tracks to code. It will be slow but this is what I imagine could be a cool program.

After reading your post Handi I think I heard angels harps and a choir singing. Is it the Holy Grail after all! That really sounds awesome, I can't wait.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

douglasw32
10-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Hmmm... Does this mean that you're going to learn Liberty Basic, or do me and Handi have to learn VB? Or are you just trying to get out of doing more coding? :D

I want to learn liberty actually ... but why I am one version in liberty so I resist my urges to "F" with it.

douglasw32
10-01-2009, 06:51 AM

I think you can safely discard my most recent (redundant) . Keep it the way it is, summary wise...ad in / takeout whatever everyone thinks needs to be there to fit. Maybe another poll ?

The main screen just add the links to the main screen you have but add one for ME ;) the link to http://localpcpros.com/handicapperswin.html

maybe instead off all of the individual ones in the interface.

and this... possible race gradation based on runstyle mix as recently mentioned.... is a great idea.

Handiman
10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
A side note. Once the project is completed as discussed in this thread, the price for the program is going to double. So be prepared. :lol:

AAcoolguy
10-01-2009, 10:44 PM
It's a bargain at twice that price!:D

headhawg
10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
What I am finding more interesting than the lopsided number of "Yes" votes is the number of votes. As of this post there have been 31 votes cast. Do all 31 people use FAST/Handifast, or have some that voted just interested in the development of this project? I am just curious as to the number of actual users as I really had no idea of the program's popularity.

douglasw32
10-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Downloaded from 194 unique visitors in the last 3 months, according to the server stats. a ton more out there lurking or who just never took to it.

gregrph
10-03-2009, 09:57 PM
What I am finding more interesting than the lopsided number of "Yes" votes is the number of votes. As of this post there have been 31 votes cast. Do all 31 people use FAST/Handifast, or have some that voted just interested in the development of this project? I am just curious as to the number of actual users as I really had no idea of the program's popularity.

Well, I wanted to dl Handifast to try out after reading a couple of posts in the other thread. There are way too many messages for me to read thru from beginning to end. I just don't have the time. Seems like too much different information all in one thread. I get the feeling there are a couple of different versions? Where does one download the program? Is there a set of instructions for using it? I'm not sure where to start although I would like to!
Greg

headhawg
10-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I will save you some time Greg. The download link is in post #122 of the Handifast Version X thread. I also recommend reading posts #103, #113, and #150. Actually, the whole thread is pretty informative but start with those.

gregrph
10-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Thank you so much!
Greg

I will save you some time Greg. The download link is in post #122 of the Handifast Version X thread. I also recommend reading posts #103, #113, and #150. Actually, the whole thread is pretty informative but start with those.

headhawg
10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Downloaded from 194 unique visitors in the last 3 months, according to the server stats. a ton more out there lurking or who just never took to it.Wow. That's more than I would have thought even if it is free.