PDA

View Full Version : Quotes From People Who Are Clueless

Horseplayersbet.com
09-30-2009, 03:14 PM
This is for quotes from people on the internet that shows what horseplayers are up against:

I figure a thread is needed to show what Horseplayers are up against. Here is an example:

"Cangamble, people like you should probably stick to the little league that is Canadian racing. Clearly you just don’t know what you’re talking about nor do you have any clue what would work in big league racing.

So why not head on back to the home of the Queen’s Plate (or the Canadian-bred, non-winners-of-2, if you can’t tell the difference) and let real people discuss the complexities that actually matter and relate to horse racing on a major circuit.

Most of the “words you’ve posted” either do not make sense or are not applicable whatsoever to horse racing of a significant nature.

With lesser-thans such as yourself continuing to spout your idiocy, the game of horse racing (even in little league status, such as that which you follow) simply cannot and will not “grow” (as you imply you would like) because the numbskulls quite clearly will not get out of their own way.

That makes you a walking, talking, oxymoron, who is no more significant than the next internet troll (another definition into which you clearly fit, based on your brainless expressions at this and every other racing blog you can get your browser on).

Finally, this is in no way “my problem”, for you are the only one here who constantly crows about the take-out. Obviously nobody who is active in horse racing pools really cares about take-out, as at its core, mutuel take-out on American horse racing has been quite steady since the 1970’s.

Furthermore, anyone cognizant of the WPS take-out of roughly 16% being too high in the 1970’s, now has many, many more multi-race options on which the effective take-out is much, much lower.

Why can’t you get it through your head that the take-out is much less significant today than it was in the 1970’s?

Cangamble, why don’t you make it your next mission to try to find a thoroughbred track in Quebec? Maybe that is one significant difference between life in your minor-league world today vs. what you knew in the 1970’s.

And stay out of the major leagues, Cangamble, for obviously the big show is no place for neophytes."
http://www.horseraceinsider.com/blog.php/John-Pricci/comments/09242009-on-fixing-a-broken-simulcast-model/

DeanT
09-30-2009, 03:20 PM
That was from me. I was just having a little fun with ya

Oh, if only I wasn't kidding :)

Horseplayersbet.com
09-30-2009, 05:58 PM
That was from me. I was just having a little fun with ya

Oh, if only I wasn't kidding :)
Your head would pop even if you had to type half the nonsense in that post. And you would never be able to click the reply button even if your head didn't explode, you would just feel too dirty to do it.

Indulto
09-30-2009, 07:05 PM
This is for quotes from people on the internet that shows what horseplayers are up against:

I figure a thread is needed to show what Horseplayers are up against. ...CG,
You sure are attracting a lot of negative attention from commenters at HRI these days. You might want to postphone any public appearances for a while. ;)

Horseplayersbet.com
10-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Mr. Waldrop,

I'm sorry but "back to the basics" is the last thing we need. If this industry continues trying to cater to the horse player "bettor" it's going to fail. Does the NFL cater to bettors? Do the thousands who throng to NASCAR races only do so to bet? Enough already!
Jim C 01 Oct 2009 2:21 PM
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/ntra-alex-waldrop-straight-up/archive/2009/10/01/is-the-price-right.aspx

LottaKash
10-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't believe that I am following any of this....What are we talking about here ?....

best,

LottaKash
10-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Mr. Waldrop,

I'm sorry but "back to the basics" is the last thing we need. If this industry continues trying to cater to the horse player "bettor" it's going to fail. Does the NFL cater to bettors? Do the thousands who throng to NASCAR races only do so to bet? Enough already!
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/ntra-alex-waldrop-straight-up/archive/2009/10/01/is-the-price-right.aspx

Who is going to fail ?.....

I believe it is you "Horseplayersbet", that doesn't get it....I am not sure who's side you are on ?...

The fans of the NFL & Nascar pay the bills (they buy the seats and all the other useless crap associated with it), and that is why those sports exist... The Horseplayers pay the bills every bit as much, and then some, for horseracing to exist. ....

I read that article, and the responses to it.....And to be quite honest, I don't know why you brought that issue here....As I see it, it may have been, only to "bash"....It should have been left there, or a thread could have been created to address that same issue, in this forum, starting out from square one....You started out, just outright bashing....

I don't always agree with everything Cangamble has to say, but he does make many a valid point of contention....I have respect for the man and his points of view, whether I agree with him or not....He is not off the wall, imo...

Other notables, such as our own Dave Scwartz and Barry Meadow, also made some comments and seem to be thinking and agreeing along these same lines....At least that is what I have perceived based on their comments on the Fred Pope issue and such... I sincerely believe that, they both see what is quite clear, to many of "we the bettors ", as to what is happening to "our-game-sport", and have shown their concern and have offered some valuable alternatives, that could possibly have a remedy to the dilemma(s), that horse racing is currently suffering from ....What is your contribution, in that respect ?...I would like to know, really...

Other than that, I don't know what it is, you were trying to say...

Greyfox
10-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I read that article, and the responses to it.....And to be quite honest, I don't know why you brought that issue here...

:ThmbUp: I wondered the same as you LottaKash.
If it was crap on another message board why promote it again here?
Something here doesn't pass the "smell test."

Horseplayersbet.com
10-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Who is going to fail ?.....

I believe it is you "Horseplayersbet", that doesn't get it....I am not sure who's side you are on ?...

The fans of the NFL & Nascar pay the bills (they buy the seats and all the other useless crap associated with it), and that is why those sports exist... The Horseplayers pay the bills every bit as much, and then some, for horseracing to exist. ....

I read that article, and the responses to it.....And to be quite honest, I don't know why you brought that issue here....As I see it, it may have been, only to "bash"....It should have been left there, or a thread could have been created to address that same issue, in this forum, starting out from square one....You started out, just outright bashing....

I don't always agree with everything Cangamble has to say, but he does make many a valid point of contention....I have respect for the man and his points of view, whether I agree with him or not....He is not off the wall, imo...

Other notables, such as our own Dave Scwartz and Barry Meadow, also made some comments and seem to be thinking and agreeing along these same lines....At least that is what I have perceived based on their comments on the Fred Pope issue and such... I sincerely believe that, they both see what is quite clear, to many of "we the bettors ", as to what is happening to "our-game-sport", and have shown their concern and have offered some valuable alternatives, that could possibly have a remedy to the dilemma(s), that horse racing is currently suffering from ....What is your contribution, in that respect ?...I would like to know, really...

Other than that, I don't know what it is, you were trying to say...
Read the title of this thread. BTW, I am Cangamble. I didn't make that comment. It was made by Jim C. I brought it here to show what horseplayers are up against.

LottaKash
10-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Read the title of this thread. BTW, I am Cangamble. I didn't make that comment. It was made by Jim C. I brought it here to show what horseplayers are up against.

Gotcha....sorry about that mix up..
I guess that is why I was a bit confused at first reading....Now I know...I just plain forgot that you went into the ADW business....Now I remember, I think...

Keep up the good words and fight the good fight...And, I hope you get rich, in the process...:jump:

best,

Greyfox
10-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Gotcha. I thought you posted here under Cangamble and it looked like a knock by someone else. I didn't know that your avatar had changed. Sorry about that.

Horseplayersbet.com
10-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Sorry for the confusion.

DeanT
10-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Mr. Waldrop,

That was one of the funniest comments I have ever seen and it does nicely show how some think.

Could you imagine going to a McDonald's annual meeting and hearing someone say: "If this company continues trying to cater to the customers it's going to fail. Enough already!"

Only in racing. Only in racing.

Charli125
10-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Here's one for you.

HANA wants an image of standing up for the little guy, without actually being an example to the little guy of how to stand up. And, hopefully, the little guy doesn't notice how fast they sold out while they build a good customer list.

jdl

ralph_the_cat
10-04-2009, 01:48 PM
You must be a horseman or a track exec.

Thought we should add this...

lamboguy
10-04-2009, 01:51 PM
if no one steps up to the plate there will be no horseracing period. i mean not great races like kentucky derby's jockey club gold cup's breeders cups and so on in this great country. the racing handle is down $1billion year to year, i suspect it will be down at least another billion next year. slot revenues are down year to year, and i suspect they will be down more next year.

takeout is high, but in the order of major problems in the racing game it is low on priority list. truthfully though, even if you cut the takeout in half of what it is today it would only have an effect on business for a very short period of time.
there is so much to adress and no one that has any count feels like adressing the issues.

affirmedny
10-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Here's one for you.
Originally Posted by jonnielu
HANA wants an image of standing up for the little guy, without actually being an example to the little guy of how to stand up. And, hopefully, the little guy doesn't notice how fast they sold out while they build a good customer list.

jdl

How about standing up for us "little guys" on NJBETS with no NYRA video? thanks

Horseplayersbet.com
10-10-2009, 01:26 PM
"Two self interested entities applying bubble gum to the cracks of an antiquated and obsolete system. In the effort to garner publicity, HANA and Equibase continue in the failure to appeal to two generations of potential fans, already alienated by the overload of grandpa’s information format."

-Jon Luman
http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/equibase-gets-it-right/

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2009, 07:39 PM
"Two self interested entities applying bubble gum to the cracks of an antiquated and obsolete system. In the effort to garner publicity, HANA and Equibase continue in the failure to appeal to two generations of potential fans, already alienated by the overload of grandpa’s information format."

-Jon Luman
http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/equibase-gets-it-right/Sounds like our own Jonnielu...even the name is familiar....:lol:

Horseplayersbet.com
10-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Sounds like our own Jonnielu...even the name is familiar....:lol:
It is. I Google searched his name. :)

Horseplayersbet.com
07-14-2010, 09:52 AM
"Well, this is the last I have to say. If they need rebates to make a profit they must not be very good. They should stop gambling.

I have been betting for over 30 years, am I am not exactly poor."
JerseyBoy 12 Jul 2010 9:18 AM
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/finalturn/archive/2010/07/07/the-rise-of-bet-takers-in-north-america-by-fred-pope.aspx

rwwupl
07-14-2010, 10:59 AM
That was one of the funniest comments I have ever seen and it does nicely show how some think.

Could you imagine going to a McDonald's annual meeting and hearing someone say: "If this company continues trying to cater to the customers it's going to fail. Enough already!"

Only in racing. Only in racing.

Ha Ha Ha...Someday,Someday..The "Me First" leadership of horse racing will get the idea or be replaced with Sportsmen who get it.Success will follow.

Horseplayersbet.com,keep up the good work.

rwwupl

InsideThePylons-MW
07-17-2010, 02:45 AM
"I would love to see takeout of 10% for WPS, 13%-17% for exotic wagers, and 20% for super exotic wagers, but part of me would like to see a track try 30% takeout as a starting point to see how it affects business." ......Ed DeRosa (Thoroughbred Times Editor)

http://blog-beb.thoroughbredtimes.com/2010/07/feedback-on-rakeback.html

cj
07-20-2010, 02:28 PM
"I would love to see takeout of 10% for WPS, 13%-17% for exotic wagers, and 20% for super exotic wagers, but part of me would like to see a track try 30% takeout as a starting point to see how it affects business." ......Ed DeRosa (Thoroughbred Times Editor)

http://blog-beb.thoroughbredtimes.com/2010/07/feedback-on-rakeback.html

How does he think it would affect business?

DeanT
07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
There are already places that have takeout of 35% - Turkey.

rrbauer
07-20-2010, 04:19 PM
There are some horseplayers who are going to the track or going to bet regardless of ancillary things such as takeout. Only dark days will keep them away (and experiencing withdrawal symptons). Takeout could be 50% for those people and they wouldn't flinch.

Horseplayersbet.com
07-20-2010, 07:08 PM
There are some horseplayers who are going to the track or going to bet regardless of ancillary things such as takeout. Only dark days will keep them away (and experiencing withdrawal symptons). Takeout could be 50% for those people and they wouldn't flinch.
Takeout affects everyone regardless of whether they care or not. If slots took out 30%, there would still be people dying to go whenever they could....but they would have to go less because of finances, and some would quit because they just won't last long enough for it to be as fun anymore.

InsideThePylons-MW
07-20-2010, 07:27 PM
How does he think it would affect business?

He obviously thinks it might not affect business at all.

30% takeout as a starting point? When handle stays flat, he'd want to raise it to 40%.