PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to train someone to put money in an account?

Canadian
09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I've been betting with PTC for about 2 years now and I've largely enjoyed betting with them. But one ongoing issue I've had with them is really startign to piss me off..... and that is not being able to put money into my account. Appently they have one guy who can put money into an account and if he's not there, your out of luck. I don't mind that he goes home before the night races start, that actually helps with staying within my budget. But what I hate is when I take a half day off like today, call up and have someone answer the phone and tell me "the gentleman who takes care of that is not in today"........................... OK....... What about you? Can you put money in my account? IT's an issue thats starting to really get to me, because it's been the same guy answering the phone for 2 years that tells me this.

Can someone please tell me. How hard would it be to train this guy to put money into an account?

I can't be the only one that see's this problem?

Greyfox
09-30-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't do PTC. But what a strange way to run a business. Shop elsewhere.

GameTheory
09-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I've been betting with PTC for about 2 years now and I've largely enjoyed betting with them. But one ongoing issue I've had with them is really startign to piss me off..... and that is not being able to put money into my account. Appently they have one guy who can put money into an account and if he's not there, your out of luck. I don't mind that he goes home before the night races start, that actually helps with staying within my budget. But what I hate is when I take a half day off like today, call up and have someone answer the phone and tell me "the gentleman who takes care of that is not in today"........................... OK....... What about you? Can you put money in my account? IT's an issue thats starting to really get to me, because it's been the same guy answering the phone for 2 years that tells me this.

Can someone please tell me. How hard would it be to train this guy to put money into an account?

I can't be the only one that see's this problem?I didn't have any trouble with PTC until Ian left, but it is pretty obvious that their "for players, by players" slogan is no longer true. They've added a bunch of tracks since Ian left, and they can't even be bothered to use the standard track codes so you can tell what the hell you're betting on. I think whoever took over is just keeping the lights on and collecting the checks....

Charli125
09-30-2009, 03:04 PM
I just re-deposited with them on Friday via wire transfer because they are one of the few books that will take me(I live in WA) and still give rebates. I called on Monday to see if they had my funds and he told me they would let me know. I still haven't heard anything. I know that wire transfers are almost instant, so I wonder where my money is sitting...I know it's not in my bank. It wouldn't be an issue because I have money elsewhere, but it would have been nice to hear from them.

It's almost not worth it to get rebates. I sure wish I could play at horseplayersbet.com, unfortunately, no luck for WA residents. I like how EMD will take their money now, but won't allow me to play through them.

startngate
09-30-2009, 05:03 PM
It's almost not worth it to get rebates. I sure wish I could play at horseplayersbet.com, unfortunately, no luck for WA residents. I like how EMD will take their money now, but won't allow me to play through them.Taking WA residents requires a license from the State. If HPB can't take WA residents, its because they aren't licensed there. Same with CA residents.

Robert Goren
09-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Taking WA residents requires a license from the State. If HPB can't take WA residents, its because they aren't licensed there. Same with CA residents. So why don't they get a license! I am in Nebraska and have the same problem. There are only a couple ADWs I can use. I guess most ADWs figure that people in WA and NE don't wager enough to bother with.

betovernetcapper
09-30-2009, 10:55 PM
I didn't have any trouble with PTC until Ian left, but it is pretty obvious that their "for players, by players" slogan is no longer true. They've added a bunch of tracks since Ian left, and they can't even be bothered to use the standard track codes so you can tell what the hell you're betting on. I think whoever took over is just keeping the lights on and collecting the checks....

Their service in almost everything is zero since Ian left. Ian knew more about the ADW business than anyone I ever dealt with. We never knew how good we had it.

Imriledup
10-01-2009, 01:05 AM

I can't be the only one that see's this problem?

When i read this, the first thing i thought about was the flintstones and Fred using his bare feet as brakes for his car. Yeah, that's how it worked in the stone ages, if someone wanted to slow down or stop their car, they stuck their feet thru the bottom of the car and stopped the car by sticking their heels into the ground. Worked every time!

http://i-love-cartoons.com/snags/clipart/Hanna-Barbera/Flintstones/Fred-Flintstone-Barney-Rubble-Car.jpg

trying2win
10-01-2009, 03:39 AM
I'm a Canadian resident, who no longer bets at PTC. Ever since Ian left, the rebates kept getting lower on my straight bets. I'm mainly a win or place bettor (plus the odd exactor). Too many of my bets at PTC were going under the 5 % rebate level I prefer. So, I switched to several other options:

1. LINK2BET.COM (ADW) - 5 % cash rebate. Total rebate earned is paid once a week.

2. CARIB SPORTS (racebook) - 5 % cash rebate. Total rebate earned is paid once a week

3. BET JAMAICA (racebook) - 3 % cash rebate, but rebate earned is paid after each bet. Plus, they gave me a 20 % sign-up bonus, that they let me keep after reaching the betting rollover requirements.

--Notes:

A. I make the odd bet at HPI, but only because the other three betting outfits listed above don't carry tracks like NP and HST,

B. Some racebooks offer a sign-up bonus, but in the fine print it reads something like "The sign-up bonus will be taken back upon a cashout, or when you've reached a certain low level in your account".

C. Each of the first three betting outfits listed above have their pluses and minuses, but I'd have to say I like Bet Jamaica the best. I use INSTADEBIT for deposits and withdrawals at BET JAMAICA. So far, both deposits and withdrawals to and from BET JAMAICA have gone very efficiently and promptly.

D. I prefer not to keep more than a few hundred U.S. dollars in my account at any racebook at anytime. Playing that angle cautiously. I think it's a wise thing to do.

E. Other PA members in other threads have mentioned that Canada is more bettor-friendly than the U.S. I believe that. Some progressive U.S. states let their residents bet across state lines to a licensed ADW. I'm guessing the paranoid states that don't allow this kind of betting, have politicians probably complaining that they are constantly short of revenues, but can't think of any additional ways to increase revenues lately. Well duh! So, my recommendation is for bettors residing in these states with paranoid, Neanderthal politicians to badger these politicians to 'get-with-it' and move into the 'modern age' and allow betting across state lines, and it'll bring more revenues to the state coffers! .

T2W

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never think IF you can solve a problem. Think HOW you can solve it!"

--Norman Vincent Peale

horseking
10-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Being a fellow Canadian, I hear your pain....my understanding is that many of the major Canadian tracks (like Woodbine) actual put restrictions on ADW's from accepting any bets from Canadians...so we get shafted so the big ADW's can carry Woodbine and have US residents wager on it.

BetJM isn't bad, but I'm not a big offshore guy...too many issues. I'm gonna try link2bet...never heard of them....I use BetAmerica for most of my bets, as they allow me to wager, give me 3% and have a decent list of tracks....

No Woodbine though. ;)

Charli125
10-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I just re-deposited with them on Friday via wire transfer because they are one of the few books that will take me(I live in WA) and still give rebates. I called on Monday to see if they had my funds and he told me they would let me know. I still haven't heard anything. I know that wire transfers are almost instant, so I wonder where my money is sitting...I know it's not in my bank. It wouldn't be an issue because I have money elsewhere, but it would have been nice to hear from them.

It's almost not worth it to get rebates. I sure wish I could play at horseplayersbet.com, unfortunately, no luck for WA residents. I like how EMD will take their money now, but won't allow me to play through them.

My deposit arrived today, but I didn't get a call or email from them. Pretty poor customer service.

betovernetcapper
10-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Five days for a wire transfer is pretty good. :lol: You really didn't expect them to call you did you. That type of customer service from them is long gone. :(

startngate
10-02-2009, 09:19 AM
So why don't they get a license! I am in Nebraska and have the same problem. There are only a couple ADWs I can use. I guess most ADWs figure that people in WA and NE don't wager enough to bother with.Well, that's a business decision. It could be that the economic models put forth in those States don't make it worthwhile to do business there. Very few ADW's are licensed in CA because of that reason.

As for Nebraska, your State Supreme Court made a ruling several years ago when Fonner was trying to do ADW that said it was unconstitutional (meaning illegal) to offer ADW in the State. That's why you don't have options. If anyone is still offering accounts to Nebraskans they had better hope it's not discovered, or that the State doesn't care to prosecute.

MNslappy
10-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I gave up on them after my last deposit took A WEEK to get credited. The only reason I've logged in since is to check out CJ's figs.