PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland: All the President's Olympic Cronies!

andymays
09-30-2009, 10:14 AM
All the president s Olympic cronies

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/30/an-illustrated-guide-all-the-presidents-olympic-cronies/

Excerpt:

Chicagoans of all political stripes who oppose massive government funding of Mayor Richard Daley’s pet project have inundated my email-box. Reader Will P. sums it all up by noting that the games would “protect the current corrupt structure” and paper over Chicago/Illinois’s myriad woes, including: “Governor after Governor going to jail. Pay to play schemes. Crumbling and outdated infrastructure. Deteriorating public housing. Failing, dumbing-down schools. Hospital cutbacks. Sanctuary city. Never-ending gang wars (outbursts every Spring requiring massive police presence, police outmanned at the Taste of Chicago, innocents shot in the crossfire weekly, current beating video out now). Cemetery scandal (bodies removed and graves resold)…Acorn, Bill Ayers, Rezko, Blago, Wright. Univ. of Illinois “clout” scandal. Illegal preferential city hiring. City inspectors on the take (Operation Crooked Code). Voter fraud. The unemployment rate. Taxes through the roof. Mayor Daley attempting to extend city taxes to the suburbs. All this, and more…”

Tom
09-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Bummy has had 30 phone calls about the Olympics. Only two to Afghanistan, and none to republicans. Guess we know his priorities.

BTW what do you suppose the carbon footprint total will be for he and
Michelle My Belle to fly over thee and back with all their entourages? He is big on talk and weak on walk. Green? :lol:

illinoisbred
09-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm one who hopes Chicago loses out Corruption in Chicago-you ain't seen nothing yet!I heard Macy's has had a run on purses-all the contractors that do business with the city and aldermen are preparing for bigger things to come.

Tom
09-30-2009, 11:07 AM
If Obama wanted to really help Chicago, he should start by finding out why innocent kids are getting beat to death in the streets. Is this the education system he want to force feed the rest of the nation? Honor students beaten and kicked to death?

illinoisbred
09-30-2009, 11:18 AM
If Obama wanted to really help Chicago, he should start by finding out why innocent kids are getting beat to death in the streets. Is this the education system he want to force feed the rest of the nation? Honor students beaten and kicked to death?
Chicago has 1 of the highest truancy rates in the nation. A 12 year old drop-out is not uncommon.As bad as it is in the streets,friends of mine who have taught in the city say the schools are just as bad.4th graders fornicating in bathrooms/janitor closets.

boxcar
09-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Chicago is the poster community for Libs. The condition of that great city, on many levels, is disgraceful and appalling. Any city the Libs control they transform into a hellish nightmare. (Ditto for Detroit.) Maybe this is what BO meant when Michelle said that the face of America would be changed or that fundamental change has come to America. Maybe BO wants to transform all of America -- this country he hates so much, this nation for which he can't apologize enough -- into one huge ghetto. That would certainly bring down America down several pegs or so, wouldn't it? This would be a way of spreading the wealth, wouldn't it? Just spread that misery around.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
09-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Chicago is the poster community for Libs. The condition of that great city, on many levels, is disgraceful and appalling. Any city the Libs control they transform into a hellish nightmare. (Ditto for Detroit.) Maybe this is what BO meant when Michelle said that the face of America would be changed or that fundamental change has come to America. Maybe BO wants to transform all of America -- this country he hates so much, this nation for which he can't apologize enough -- into one huge ghetto. That would certainly bring down America down several pegs or so, wouldn't it? This would be a way of spreading the wealth, wouldn't it? Just spread that misery around.

Boxcar
granted Chicago leads the nation in corruption, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it disgraceful and appalling. I've lived in Detroit and Chicago, and there is no comparison. Detroit is a disgusting hellhole. Chicago has some rough neighborhoods on the south side and the typical big city issues, but that aside, Chicago is truly a great city.

cj's dad
09-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Just spread that misery around.

Boxcar

Reverse reparations !!

We are unable to move up so you are movin' down !!

illinoisbred
09-30-2009, 12:06 PM
granted Chicago leads the nation in corruption, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it disgraceful and appalling. I've lived in Detroit and Chicago, and there is no comparison. Detroit is a disgusting hellhole. Chicago has some rough neighborhoods on the south side and the typical big city issues, but that aside, Chicago is truly a great city.
Agree.I don't live in the city but do work and spend considerable recreational time there. Since the younger Daley has been mayor, the loop has never been so clean. It is absolutely spotless! But I guess thats what his detractors say-he only cares about downtown.

LottaKash
09-30-2009, 12:21 PM
That would certainly bring down America down several pegs or so, wouldn't it? This would be a way of spreading the wealth, wouldn't it? Just spread that misery around.

Boxcar

I believe that is the "master-plan".....:eek:...Scary thing is, it is working....:eek:

best,

mostpost
09-30-2009, 03:23 PM
SO much misinformation, so little time. If Michelle Malkin told me we were in a desert, I'd go out and buy a boat. Since Los Angeles in 1984 all Summer Games host cities have shown a profit with the possible exception of Athens.
Atlanta, the host city in 1996, credits the olympics with having a 5.14 billion dollar positive effect on the city, including the creation of parks, hotels, restaurants and a general improvement of the Downtown area.

Financing for the 2016 games in Chicago would come from a partnership of private and public interests, but taxpayer money would be used only as a guarantee in the case of cost overruns. The guarantee is a requirement by the IOC.
All but a few of the venues which will be used in 2016 are already in place.
The only new construction that I am aware of are the Olympic Stadium and the Aquatic Center both of which are to be built in Washington Park. The Olympic Stadium will seat 80,000 for the games, but temporary sections will be remove following the Olympics leaving a 20,000 seat stadium for community use.

The Olympic Village will be built by private contractors and will be converted to mixed use housing after the games. Contracts will be awarded 30% to minority and disabled bidders with an additional 10% going to women.
Most of the venues for the olympics will be within 20 minutes of the village.
Shuttle transportation will be provided for the athletes.

Chances are some people will make a lot of money. Chances are some of them will be Daley's friends. A lot of them won't.

There are problems in many of Chicago's schools. Not having the Olympics in Chicago will not solve any of them. Getting people jobs and helping them to help their families can solve some of them. Estimates are that the Olympics and pre Olympics construction and activities will create 500,000 jobs. People with jobs are better able to provide a stable home life for students.

The most recent poll by the Chicago Tribune finds 47 % of Chicagoans favor the city's bid. But a poll taken by the IOC, which includes the suburbs and collar counties, puts the figure at 67%. The effort has already received $70 Million dollars in donations and has 20,000 volunteers signed up. Organizers have lined up $1 billion in insurance guarantees against catastrophic weather, cancellation of the games or a collapse of development financing.

Most of this information can be found at www.Chicago2016.org

Show Me the Wire
09-30-2009, 03:30 PM
So the polls show that the people that actually live in Chicago (53% against) and will bear the burden of costs and expenses are against the idea.

The collar counties and suburbs that don't have to bear the cost and expense burdens are for the olympics. Well go figure, look at the fuzzy logic. :lol:

The solution, have the olympics in the collar counties and the suburbs.

bigmack
09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
SO much misinformation, so little time. If Michelle Malkin told me we were in a desert, I'd go out and buy a boat.
Malkin's piece was about cronyism. What do your figures have to do with cronyism? Oh I get it, they support the notion being your pointing out how profitable it will be for the area.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/smiley.gif

illinoisbred
09-30-2009, 04:04 PM
A lot of Daley's friends will make money-big money.Most of these construction firms are owned by friends of the Daley family.They don't know one end of a hammer from the other. And cost overuns- forget about it- they don't know the 1st thing about bidding a job properly because they've never had to.I work construction, in the park and recreation field[playgrounds,shelter buildings,park benches, trash receptacles,baseball dugouts,etc.] these type of products are very expensive[benches as much as 1,000,trash receptacles400-500] but I'll bet you the city will pay a hell of a lot more.We all know Daley's friends will reap the harvest. I object because I know what it can cost to be a "friend" of Daley and if you're are willing to pay that price, you got to re-coup it when you get the chance.THIS IS THEIR CHANCE!

Valuist
09-30-2009, 04:16 PM
So the polls show that the people that actually live in Chicago (53% against) and will bear the burden of costs and expenses are against the idea.

The collar counties and suburbs that don't have to bear the cost and expense burdens are for the olympics. Well go figure, look at the fuzzy logic. :lol:

Keep it out of the burbs. If one of the major sports teams wants to move out here, that's fine. But keep the Olympics out.

mostpost
09-30-2009, 04:21 PM

45% opposed. 8% No opinion; don't care; "Olympics? What Olympics"
People living in the cith will also reap the benefits. Like you, many people can't see past the end of their noses.
Many of that 45% will come to support the idea.

mostpost
09-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Malkin's piece was about cronyism. What do your figures have to do with cronyism? Oh I get it, they support the notion being your pointing out how profitable it will be for the area.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/smiley.gif
So you are saying that a major sporting event does not have a positve economic effect on a city? The Kentucky Derby does not benefit Louisvile? The 500 does not Financially aid Indianapolis? NFL cities do not work to host the Super Bowl?
Right back atcha.

bigmack
09-30-2009, 04:50 PM
So you are saying that a major sporting event does not have a positve economic effect on a city?
Allow me to dumb this down for you. Let's say you're debating Malkin. As her piece was about cronyism that would be the topic of debate. You start by saying something about a desert and buying a boat and then go into some jag about the profitability of a large sporting event. Of course it's profitable, that's not the issue. In fact, that is the issue that is most agreeable to all parties.

If you'd like to dispute this issue of Obama and his cronies you would actually be on topic rather than so busily defending his every action with obfuscation.

NJ Stinks
09-30-2009, 05:02 PM
My favorite cities in the U.S. to visit are:

1. San Francisco

2. Chicago

Can't give a number 3 without thinking about it.

What's your favorite, Boxcar? Salt Lake City? :p

Posting a link to Malkin is just plain sad.

Thanks for nothing, Andy. :sleeping:

rastajenk
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
And if you want to talk about the profitability of sports events, comparing the O's to the Derby is apples and oranges. Churchill Downs already exists. Indianapolis Speedway already exists. Large football stadiums trying to host a Super Bowl already exist. The organizers have years of experience in getting large numbers of people into and out of their facilities. Traffic and parking have all been worked out in advance; concessions are (usually) well planned based on years of experience.

Does Chicago have all the necessary facilities? How many natatoriums, hippodromes, et al will have to be built? The answer may be none, but that won't stop organizers from tyring to build new stuff anyway, because that's what Olympic organizers do. And that will cut into the profitability of the events in a big way.

headhawg
09-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Does Chicago have all the necessary facilities? How many natatoriums, hippodromes, et al will have to be built? The answer may be none, but that won't stop organizers from tyring to build new stuff anyway, because that's what Olympic organizers do. And that will cut into the profitability of the events in a big way.And what are we going to do with this stuff after it's built and the Olympics are a faded memory? Go Rio!

ddog
09-30-2009, 05:11 PM
"Does Chicago have all the necessary facilities? How many natatoriums, hippodromes, et al will have to be built? The answer may be none, but that won't stop organizers from tyring to build new stuff anyway, because that's what Olympic organizers do. And that will cut into the profitability of the events in a big way"

And the profit without said games would be what??

Not that they will make any. I expect if they get it , they will lose money.

But the point is velocity of money and on that score they will win, some of them anyway, yes even the cronies of the current power elite will win, name the "cronies" of a place or party that wouldn't win.

Malkin-zero as normal.

46zilzal
09-30-2009, 05:33 PM
The Winter Olympics are going to be here in a few months and NO ONE I know of is happy about it: Road closures, ALL of the employees at the simulcast at Hasting's, including many of my co-workers, FORCED to take a month off without pay (as it is too close to the venue for ice skating to be considered "safe"), roads torn up all over the city, prices going up everywhere you turn, NEW legislation to arrest all the homeless people "for their OWN protection" of course and it goes on an on.

My wife's college has to close for a month since their parking lot as been appropriated for bus parking.

We all call it the O LIMP ICKS and cannot wait until this debacle is over.

mostpost
09-30-2009, 05:44 PM
And if you want to talk about the profitability of sports events, comparing the O's to the Derby is apples and oranges. Churchill Downs already exists. Indianapolis Speedway already exists. Large football stadiums trying to host a Super Bowl already exist. The organizers have years of experience in getting large numbers of people into and out of their facilities. Traffic and parking have all been worked out in advance; concessions are (usually) well planned based on years of experience.

Does Chicago have all the necessary facilities? How many natatoriums, hippodromes, et al will have to be built? The answer may be none, but that won't stop organizers from tyring to build new stuff anyway, because that's what Olympic organizers do. And that will cut into the profitability of the events in a big way.
It's always helpful to read all the posts and check out all the links.
www.chicago2016.org
If you did that you would have seen that the only two events venues that would be built from the ground up are the Olympic Stadium and the Aquatics Center. The Olympic Stadium will be an 80,000 seat facility, but 60,000 of those seats will be temporary. The 20,000 permanent seat stadium will revert to the Chicago Park District which can rent it out, use it for community events, or offer it to Chicago Public Schools which are sorely lacking in facilities for sporting events. Similar uses can be found for the Aquatics Center.

Organizers have no reason to build extra facilities when they have perfectly good ones already in place. Chicago's bid clearly defines which venues are in place and which need to be built. The IOC will base it's decision on this information and changing it could lead to a successful bid being overturned.

andymays
09-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Much of this is about Valerie Jarrett. :ThmbDown:

Stay tuned. ;)

andymays
09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Michelle Obama: I know people say it was a sacrifice for me and Oprah to go to Copenhagen

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/09/30/michelle-obama-i-know-people-say-it-was-a-sacrifice-for-me-and-oprah-to-go-to-copenhagen/

Excerpt:

In her speech in Copenhagen today, First Lady Michelle Obama said her trip to Denmark, along with the travel of her “dear friend” and “chit-chat buddy” Oprah Winfrey, as well as tomorrow’s visit by President Obama, is a “sacrifice” on behalf of the children of Chicago and the United States. “As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days,” the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, “so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home.”

Show Me the Wire
09-30-2009, 09:47 PM
45% opposed. 8% No opinion; don't care; "Olympics? What Olympics"
People living in the cith will also reap the benefits. Like you, many people can't see past the end of their noses.
Many of that 45% will come to support the idea.

So according to you 45% is a simple majority and the rest will eventually see the wisdom of the tyranny of the minority , and I can't see past my own nose!

dartman51
09-30-2009, 10:40 PM
The Winter Olympics are going to be here in a few months and NO ONE I know of is happy about it: Road closures, ALL of the employees at the simulcast at Hasting's, including many of my co-workers, FORCED to take a month off without pay (as it is too close to the venue for ice skating to be considered "safe"), roads torn up all over the city, prices going up everywhere you turn, NEW legislation to arrest all the homeless people "for their OWN protection" of course and it goes on an on.

My wife's college has to close for a month since their parking lot as been appropriated for bus parking.

We all call it the O LIMP ICKS and cannot wait until this debacle is over.

FINALLY!!!! A voice of reason. :ThmbUp:

sandpit
09-30-2009, 10:43 PM
I think he could have chosen any city and there could be some reason to slam it; unless the place was so damn dull it wasn't worth taking a jab at. I don't live anywhere near San Fran, but on my visits there I've always been struck by the aesthetics...

I fall in the don't care where they have 'em category, but the climate in Chicago seems to make it a better choice than say, Houston or Orlando...

Quagmire
10-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Bummy has had 30 phone calls about the Olympics. Only two to Afghanistan, and none to republicans. Guess we know his priorities.

BTW what do you suppose the carbon footprint total will be for he and
Michelle My Belle to fly over thee and back with all their entourages? He is big on talk and weak on walk. Green? :lol:

Someone else liked the olympics.

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/bush-flag.jpghttp://images.hollywoodgrind.com:9000/images/2008/8/president-bush-is-behind-olympics-athletes-in-beijing-1.jpg

Tom
10-01-2009, 07:40 AM
And that has what to do with the comparisons of importance I made? Are you under the impression you made a point here? Or is it just that you cannot address the topic I brought up? :lol:

Quagmire
10-01-2009, 07:46 AM
And that has what to do with the comparisons of importance I made? Are you under the impression you made a point here? Or is it just that you cannot address the topic I brought up? :lol:

I guess they could have walked to China.

rastajenk
10-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Which would have been par for the Obamas, as the meeting is in Denmark.

By the way, that's not even a decent photoshop job. Very weak effort.

Tom
10-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Obama is the one whining about being green and global warming, not Bush.
Again, was that supposed to be a point you made there of just another dodge of the topic?

andymays
10-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Another boy critically beaten: 'Blood all over street'

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/10/teen-attacked-in-edgewater.html

Excerpt:

A 14-year-old boy in the city's Edgewater neighborhood was beaten and critically injured Wednesday night--suffering massive head trauma, police said.
"He was covered in blood. Blood was all over the street," said the woman who called police to the scene. "It was all over his face, arms and coming down the back of his head."

The unidentified victim was listed in critical condition at Children's Memorial Hospital undergoing surgery, police said.

Unlike the beating of 16-year-old Derrion Albert near Fenger High School--whose death outraged the city--this beating took place on the North Side and at night. The unidentified victim also was hanging onto life, although his skull had been fractured. Police said they had not yet been able to talk to him to get any leads

Tom
10-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Chicago has a lot of real work to do. Forget party time - your city is a jungle and you let the animals run it. Typical democrat big city.

illinoisbred
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Oprah said party time begins friday-so its gotta be true.I hope they return from Copenhagen totally despondent.Maybe Oprah can have a show on Olympic Post-Partum.

ArlJim78
10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
It seems that Michelle is talking about the sacrifice she has made to go to Copenhagen for a couple of days to pitch for the Olympics. Oh this poor woman. Oh the humanity. How difficult it must have been for her to travel in luxury to Europe to meet with the upper crust and wine and dine each other and shake hands. What courage and fortitude she has.

"As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days," the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, "so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/10/no_sacrifice_too_great_for_mic.html

Tom
10-01-2009, 12:28 PM
What a bitch.

FUBO
FOMO

ddog
10-01-2009, 02:48 PM
One could only PUKE his GUTS OUT AT SUCH A statement.

Who ARE THESE people(?) anyway???

What freakin PLANET did they sneak in from.

All in all, maybe the bamas should be tasked with only useless meet and greets FULL-TIME. That is close to all they seem to be good for.

What a bunch and how many % elected them???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :liar: :liar:

Show Me the Wire
10-01-2009, 06:12 PM
mostpost:

http://socialistworker.org/2009/09/29/dont-want-the-games

The socialists are even against Chicago holding the Olympics. These are people you can relate too.

Tom
10-02-2009, 11:32 AM
This just in.......Obama gets bitch slapped!

illinoisbred
10-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Hip hip hooray!

ArlJim78
10-02-2009, 11:34 AM
HAHA! great sales job

illinoisbred
10-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Shit,we're not even the 2nd city.The party starts now! Can we now turn our thoughts on how to rid the city of Millennium Park? The greatest squander of downtown real estate.

Tom
10-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Do we now charge Obama or Chicago for the tremendous expense to the taxpayers, not to mention all the carbon credits he needs to make up for the horrific assault on or environment all for naught?

Maybe Orca can pitch in some bucks.

Barry - Michelle - Orca......the 3 Little Pigs fail to bring home the bacon! :lol:

Hey, new event for the Olympics - O Zone Bashing! :lol:

Ya think this was a set up, to make him look stupid?
The world was supposed to be his oyster....watwentwong?

This culture of failure continues.....everything he touches fails! :lol:

Valuist
10-02-2009, 11:46 AM
I really didn't have an opinion on whether we'd get the Olympics and while I agree with Andy Mays on a number of points on such topics as Polytrack and politics, its ridiculous to post a link about some kid getting beaten. Are we supposed to believe that doesn't happen in other towns? Of course it does. Like all cities with several million inhabitants, there's going to be some bad areas. When I went to Saratoga last year, I booked a hotel the first night in Schenectady, not even realizing a town that size could be dangerous.......yeah driving there at night was every bit as dangerous as parts of Chicago.

illinoisbred
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Do we now charge Obama or Chicago for the tremendous expense to the taxpayers, not to mention all the carbon credits he needs to make up for the horrific assault on or environment all for naught?

Maybe Orca can pitch in some bucks.

Barry - Michelle - Orca......the 3 Little Pigs fail to bring home the bacon! :lol:

Hey, new event for the Olympics - O Zone Bashing! :lol:

Ya think this was a set up, to make him look stupid?
The world was supposed to be his oyster....watwentwong?

This culture of failure continues.....everything he touches fails! :lol:
No, just Daley calling ih a debt.

andymays
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM
He shouldn't have went over there in the first place given the current state of affairs. He certainly shouldn't have went over there without knowing he had the deal already. This is a huge embarrassment for Obama and his wife.

I wonder if the killing of the honor student had anything to do with the decision. I say probably!

illinoisbred
10-02-2009, 11:49 AM
He shouldn't have went over there in the first place given the current state of affairs. He certainly shouldn't have went over there without knowing he had the deal already. This is a huge embarrassment for Obama and his wife.

I wonder if the killing of the honor student had anything to do with the decision. I say probably!
I surely feel the "human" environment played a role in the committee's decision.

Valuist
10-02-2009, 11:50 AM
The killing of one student had nothing to do with it. If it did, Rio would have NO chance of ever getting the Olympics. The protests, demonstrations and poll results were the more likely reasons.

andymays
10-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I really didn't have an opinion on whether we'd get the Olympics and while I agree with Andy Mays on a number of points on such topics as Polytrack and politics, its ridiculous to post a link about some kid getting beaten. Are we supposed to believe that doesn't happen in other towns? Of course it does. Like all cities with several million inhabitants, there's going to be some bad areas. When I went to Saratoga last year, I booked a hotel the first night in Schenectady, not even realizing a town that size could be dangerous.......yeah driving there at night was every bit as dangerous as parts of Chicago.

The reason that I can tie it in to the decision is that Obama and Valerie Jarrett have had a lot to do with community organizing and public housing in Chicago. Jarrett has been called a slum lord by some. Beck has been doing an expose' on her. If this is true it has to do with the liberal agenda in Chicago and how they have used poor people to get rich and powerfull without really helping the people. Violence in Chicago is out of control and has been for some time now.

Valuist
10-02-2009, 11:58 AM
I agree with most of what you said except its silly to assume that violence is something that's prevalent only in Chicago. Guess what, New York, LA, Miami, Houston, Baltimore, Las Vegas and Detroit all have problems with violence also. And Rio is as bad as anywhere. Of the 4 cities, Tokyo has the least crime yet they also were eliminated. With Rio likely to get the games, its clear that crime is NOT a factor in their decision making.

illinoisbred
10-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Important lesson here for Daley and the bunch-CLEAN_UP YOU ACT AND CITY-THE WORLD IS WATCHING.If they ever want to make Chicago hospitable to business or the Olympics again play fair with people and business.

andymays
10-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I agree with most of what you said except its silly to assume that violence is something that's prevalent only in Chicago. Guess what, New York, LA, Miami, Houston, Baltimore, Las Vegas and Detroit all have problems with violence also. And Rio is as bad as anywhere. Of the 4 cities, Tokyo has the least crime yet they also were eliminated. With Rio likely to get the games, its clear that crime is NOT a factor in their decision making.

I agree with you that it is everywhere but this incident was played over and over again on the news. The last thing the Olympic committee wants is people getting rolled in the streets of Chicago. Rightly or wrongly the other contenders probably played the Chicago violence issue to the hilt. I believe the high profile violence in certain areas of Chicago played a huge role in the outcome.

hazzardm
10-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Vote early, vote often .......

I may add that Chicago tellers are meanest s.o.b. I have ever encountered.

illinoisbred
10-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Just announced-monday's Oprah-coping with Copenhagen-the aftermath and where do we go from here.Studio audience members will be given a survival gift,including a "I will survive Copenhagen" t-shirt.

Marshall Bennett
10-02-2009, 12:17 PM
What a racist move on the part of the Olympic committee . This is just terrible . How could they ? :lol:

andymays
10-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Pandemonium Here in the Broadcast Center : Chicago Loses Olympics Bid

http://www.breitbart.tv/pandemonium-in-the-broadcast-center-chicago-loses-olympics-bid/

Excerpt:

"No one expected this obviously. You should see the photographers running around here trying to get reaction shots. The Tokyo delegation let out a huge sigh when they heard that. Just screams of like... gasps, while all of that was going on."

CNN anchor in utter disbelief as Chicago is eliminated

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/02/comedy-gold-cnn-anchor-in-utter-disbelief-as-chicago-is-eliminated/

Show Me the Wire
10-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Oprah can get a person elected President, but could not bring home the Olympics. Go figure. Not enough women on the Olympic committee?

Marshall Bennett
10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
The committee obviously saw the three of them the racist that they are . We had a better shot without them . They'll blame it all on Bush .

ddog
10-02-2009, 01:30 PM

in other words if the game isn't rigged , don't play???

On the other hand, that does seem to be the prevailing feature of Amerika these days.

Maybe you got a point.

Guess VJ didn't hold up so well in the bribe dpt.

Stay tuned, more trip at 10.

ddog
10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
They don't like to give the games to third world countries.

They seem to be using some good sense.

I wouldn't place them here either.

Plus 5-6 years, no way.

Even they can see that bama plus the nutjobs in COngress equal EPIC FAILURE!!!!

Chicago-Detroit by then.

Show Me the Wire
10-02-2009, 02:16 PM
You know why chicago lost its bid to be Olympic host city? It had to be the VRWC against all democrats. OOOPs the socialist party was against Chicago being the host city too :eek:

A new coalition the socialists and far-right against all democrats :lol:

BoldEye
10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
From an article in Drudge Report:

"At a rally in Daley Plaza five months before the election, Obama drummed up enthusiasm for the bid. He said: "In 2016, I'll be wrapping up my second term as President, so I can't think of a better way than to be marching into Washington Park alongside Mayor Daley, alongside Rahm Emanuel, alongside Dick Durbin, alongside Valerie Jarrett, as President of the United States, and announcing to the world, 'Let the games begin!'....:lol:

He should have announced that at his inauguration...

ArlJim78
10-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Chicago lost because the IOC was able to withstand Michelle's "shock and awe" wardrobe offensive on Copenhagen.

Tom
10-02-2009, 02:29 PM
They said she had too much junk in the trunk for their taste! :D

But there is no way Obama could justify us getting the Olympics. WE have only 4% of the athletes and take 25% of the medals. We have had the games here recently, they have never been in South America......as a global citizen, his trying to bring them here was unfair to the world. He is bound, as a COW ( Michelle is a COW, too! Like how I worked that one in?) to spread the games around.

This is guy who is going to talk the Iranians out of their nukes!
"Barack Hussein Obama.....mmm,mmm,mmm" :lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Is Bush still President? Because it seems as if the world STILL doesn't like us...

I am so sad. :(

RaceBookJoe
10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
The 2016 Olympic Slogan : " NO YOU CANT !!!!!! " :lol:

Show Me the Wire
10-02-2009, 02:49 PM
It is the ghost of Jimmy "peanut farmer" Carter. Karma's payback for Carter having the U.S. boycotts the Moscow Olympics. The boycott had something to do with Russia's military presence in Afghanistan. So now the Olympics turn down the U.S. while coincidently the U.S. has a military presence in Afghanistan.

Java Gold@TFT
10-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Best lines from Jon Stewart last night on the Daily Show:

'With the President, First Lady and Oprah out of the country that makes Tyler Perry the most powerful black person in the country."

"The Olympic committee has to vote for Chicago because that's the only place that would not make them look corrupt."

Good stuff from a bleeding heart :D

wes
10-02-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Obama down in round one!

wes

ArlJim78
10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/bhohno.png

ddog
10-02-2009, 04:49 PM
It is the ghost of Jimmy "peanut farmer" Carter. Karma's payback for Carter having the U.S. boycotts the Moscow Olympics. The boycott had something to do with Russia's military presence in Afghanistan. So now the Olympics turn down the U.S. while coincidently the U.S. has a military presence in Afghanistan.

You know , THAT KARMA will not stop it's going to play out again.

Show Me the Wire
10-02-2009, 05:01 PM
You know , THAT KARMA will not stop it's going to play out again.

Are you bored today ddog?

ddog
10-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Are you bored today ddog?

yeah, a little. you seem a little perky yourself. :D

You know, in my endless free time, I was thinking about the last few Olympics from Salt Lake and Atlanta(?) and with the epic bribery scandals and the bombing , I can see why the IOC would not wish to try the corrupt fraud ridden place again.

Twice burned and shy and all that.

Better to place one's bet on Brazil!!!! :lol:

The world is seeing the "bigdawg" pissing down it's leg and it's not impressed.

I wonder if that's a close cousin to the tingly up the leg???

:lol: :lol:

Boris
10-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Chicago is the minor leagues in the "pay for play" stuff compared to the IOC. They really never had a chance.

GaryG
10-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Would you rather go to Chicago or Rio? Those bikinis that they wear down there certainly are......nice. :jump: :jump:

Greyfox
10-02-2009, 07:18 PM
An astoundingly naive move for the Obamas to go to Copenhagen.:bang:
The IOC has been evaluating their decision for years.
They would not be swayed by a man who absolutely has to be seen everywhere from Letterman to Copenhagen. Narcissism noted.

Let's suppose though that Chicago had won the bid.
Who would pay for the structures required?
The American taxpayer via Federal Grants. More debt load on future generations.
I think it's good news that Chicago lost.

toetoe
10-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Since Los Angeles in 1984 all Summer Games host cities have shown a profit with the possible exception of Athens.
Atlanta, the host city in 1996, credits the olympics with having a 5.14 billion dollar positive effect on the city, including the creation of parks, hotels, restaurants and a general improvement of the Downtown area ...

taxpayer money would be used only as a guarantee in the case of cost overruns ...

30% to minority and disabled bidders ...

10% going to women ...

There are problems in many of Chicago's schools. Not having the Olympics in Chicago will not solve any of them. Getting people jobs and helping them to help their families can solve some of them.

Tearjerkingly nice ironclad proof, but what's the point ? Is it worth doing or is it not ?

What about all the globewarming it will cause, and how can we know what effect it might have on the Muslim World's morale ? You know, the really important stuff ?

boxcar
10-03-2009, 12:40 AM
We all know (i.e. the critical thinkers amongst us) that the MSM is sooooo in the tank for BO, right? What should we compare the media's attitude toward BO? Well, we know he's their messiah, too, right? He can do no wrong. He's a sure winner. In fact, we could reasonably compare BO to a really heavy favorite in a race -- a horse who is all but a "dead crab" -- a "mortal lock" -- a "sure thing". And we have all been at the track when such a fave fails to fire, haven't we? In fact, he failed so badly, he not only didn't hit the board, but he finished well up the track beaten by a bomb. And, of course, we know how the crowd is going to react when that happens, right? I mean...to say that the crowd is merely a wee bit incredulous in these kinds of situations would hardly describe the mood adequately, agreed? It just doesn't do justice to the moment. To see what I mean, just watch and listen to this video -- and remember that BO was the odds-on mortal lock in this situation. Listen carefully to the reaction.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/02/comedy-gold-cnn-anchor-in-
utter-disbelief-as-chicago-is-eliminated/

Boxcar

dartman51
10-03-2009, 01:05 AM
If making money were an Olympic event, no city hosting the games would win a gold medal. Or silver. Or bronze.

"There has never been an Olympic Games that has made a profit," says Robert Barney, director of the International Centre for Olympic Studies at the University of Western Ontario. Barney is also co-author of Selling the Five Rings: The International Olympic Committee and the Rise of Olympic Commercialism.

So, Mostpost, you might try reading this. you might learn some facts. Not that FACTS ever stopped you from bloviating.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113351145

And this IS from NPR.org, certainly not a right wing site.

rastajenk
10-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Apparently the Bush references by Mr. Bennett and Mr. Advantage further up here weren't far off! :D

Roland Burris thinks it's his fault. (http://thedanashow.wordpress.com/2009/10/02/roland-burris-you-know-who-is-to-blame-for-us-losing-the-olympics-bush/)

:faint:

:ThmbDown:

Rookies
10-03-2009, 10:00 AM
"Chicago is the minor leagues in the "pay for play" stuff compared to the IOC. They really never had a chance."

Now, there's a mouthful and 100% CORRECT. If you looked up a definition of " on the take", the prime example... waaaay beyond pols, biz, athletes, lawyers... would be the IOC. It is a 5 ring festoon of corruption and payola, going right down to the judges. Those at top are like some corrupt, antidemocratic remnant left over from autocratic Europe of the 16-1700s.

Machiavelli couldn't give lessons to these boys and you would have needed Chicago's- hell America's entire crime family... not just Capone risen from the dead to comnvince them otherwise.

but he finished well up the track beaten by a bomb. ... It just doesn't do justice to the moment. To see what I mean, just watch and listen to this video -- and remember that BO was the odds-on mortal lock in this situation. Listen carefully to the reaction.

Of course Boxcar and others have joined the predicatable pom pom girls ( Flushed Windbag & Hannity) for the tea bag yellers and screamers on the right to assail the President for going after the bid for his homies. And, if he had not, they would have said EXACTLY the same. As in, why wasn't he there to push Chicago over the top ?

If succesful, they would have said: " HE wasn't influential, one iota. It was in the bag, anyway! " Whatever he did, they would have found fault. That appears to be the daily, theme- a constant negative carping throughout his presidency.

Was Rio a 'bomb' ? I think not. It had made numerous (4) unsuccessful bids in the past and South America remained, I believe, as one of the two remaining continents on the planet without one. Also, some of the left wing governments of S A might have held some sway at this time, again in terms of uhhh... aiding-greasing the bid.

Toronto has had two unsuccessful shots at this thing. In 2001, we were sandbagged by Beijing in a close vote. A short summation of different pro-con ideas about the value of the Olympics can be found here:

An Olympian debate TheStar.com - Olympics - An Olympian debate

Are the Games a rare opportunity to remake tired cities or a cynical drain on the public purse? In light of Toronto's failed bid for the 2008 Olympics, it remains a burning question

July 26, 2008
Daniel Girard
Urban Affairs Reporter
No flame will burn, but debate rages on.

Seven years after the snuffing out of Toronto's dream to host a Summer Olympic Games, views remain polarized on how things would look if the eyes of the world were turning here in two weeks, not Beijing.

On one side, there's lament for an opportunity lost. From a spruced up waterfront, social housing and airport rail link, to a slew of new hotel rooms and millions of dollars of free advertising in the international media, Toronto Olympic backers say it would have served as a catalyst, freeing up public money to build things that would benefit us all, long after the athletes went home.

But others insist we dodged a bullet when, in July 2001, the International Olympic Committee chose the Chinese capital as host. They argue this largest of urban mega-projects would have diverted billions of dollars in scarce public funding away from more urgent needs, and that the true legacy would be crippling debt and infrastructure benefiting a few, not the majority of Toronto residents.

See: http://www.thestar.com/printArticle/467671

Personally, I was on the side of those who opposed the bid. Getting around TO (mega city size- about 4.5 million) is difficult at the best of times. With the Olympics it would have meant a living hell, with traffic being stopped for all the world leaders, pols, diplomats, bootlickers, toadies and hangers on, who would have flooded my city and held up traffic like they possessed membership in the Divine Right of Kings era. In the interests of disclosure, I confess that although I've been to one ( Montreal), I really don't like the Olympics. Thought it was great when Hitler got his come uppance by Jesse Owens, but the stench of payola combined with paid off judges, crooked, drugged up athletes leaves me cold.

My house however, was about 5km from the proposed site. I was all set to ca$h in by leaving town an renting it out for $10k for the month. ;)

The wisest thig said here in this thread is the comment:

" Where would you rather be in the summer ? The shores of Lake Michigan or the Copa Beaches of Rio." :) Big arse or butt floss ? NO BRAINER !

Bochall
10-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Ya'll do know that the Brazilian president (da Silva) went to Copenhagen also right? Wonder if his citizens would be trashing his trip if Rio didn't win...and while we're blaming our Prez for Chicago failing to land the bid, let's see what else is his fault.....hmmm, maybe all the knee jerk retard Republican posters on this site? Its Obama's fault that ya'll expose your ignorance and outright hatred every day huh? Calling his wife a 'cow' and swearing that the MSM is up his ass just a praisin away. If Limbaugh hadn't come around (and gotten hooked on pills and obtained them illegally and philandered his fat ass off) would you even use the term MSM? Respond like you will but know 2 things beforehand: 1) i wont be redaing your response and 2) make sure you consult Rush and that Beck idiot so you will know what to say and think.

andymays
10-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Tall tale of the day: The First Lady s weird Olympic memory

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/10/02/quote-of-the-day-the-first-ladys-tall-olympic-tale/

Excerpt:

From Michelle Obama’s failed pitch to the International Olympic Committee:
“Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad’s lap, cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis, and others for their brilliance and perfection.”
Um. Ew. Oof.

Mrs. Obama was 20 years old when Lewis first competed in the Olympics in 1984.

Tom
10-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Ya'll do know that the Brazilian president (da Silva) went to Copenhagen also right? Wonder if his citizens would be trashing his trip if Rio didn't win...and while we're blaming our Prez for Chicago failing to land the bid, let's see what else is his fault.....hmmm, maybe all the knee jerk retard Republican posters on this site? Its Obama's fault that ya'll expose your ignorance and outright hatred every day huh? Calling his wife a 'cow' and swearing that the MSM is up his ass just a praisin away. If Limbaugh hadn't come around (and gotten hooked on pills and obtained them illegally and philandered his fat ass off) would you even use the term MSM? Respond like you will but know 2 things beforehand: 1) i wont be redaing your response and 2) make sure you consult Rush and that Beck idiot so you will know what to say and think.

wow. What a lot of unrelated BS. Wash your hands, now, ya hear? :lol:

Tom
10-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Tall tale of the day: The First Lady s weird Olympic memory

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/10/02/quote-of-the-day-the-first-ladys-tall-olympic-tale/

Excerpt:

From Michelle Obama’s failed pitch to the International Olympic Committee:
“Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad’s lap, cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis, and others for their brilliance and perfection.”
Um. Ew. Oof.

Mrs. Obama was 20 years old when Lewis first competed in the Olympics in 1984.

Hmmmm, sitting on Daddy's lap at age 20.......:eek:

boxcar
10-03-2009, 12:05 PM
"Chicago is the minor leagues in the "pay for play" stuff compared to the IOC. They really never had a chance."

Well, then...turnaround is fair play, isn't it? One set of crooks is outsmarted by another. Gotta love it. But THE crook who went down rather unceremoniously in flames (to pile insult upon injury) wasn't supposed to get defeated; for after all...he's your messiah. This is the whackjob who can walk on water, isn't he? At least, judging from the reaction over on the Communist News Network, he is.

But the good part of this little saga is that because BO personally injected himself into the IOC's selection process, trying to influence the outcome, the story couldn't be swept under the rug. It was too big because BO made it so.
No reporter in his right mind could feign ignorance over the events leading up to the decision.

But it even gets better, Mr. Rooks, because you have confirmed what I have been saying for a long time now: The "messiah" cannot fail. The MSM and all the messiah's drones and blind sheeple won't allow him to fail. Even you can't portray his attempts as a dismal failure. Instead, you blame the "crooks" at the IOC. It's their fault. After all...who in their right mind could refuse the "miracle worker" -- the worker of Hope and Change -- who could deny his wishes? On what reasonable grounds!? Therefore, the "fix" had to have been in, right? It's not BO's fault that he fell flat on his face from high atop his bully pulpit, is it? :rolleyes:

Thanks for affirming my prediction about how BO's mindless drones will protect and serve their master.

Boxcar

dartman51
10-03-2009, 12:29 PM

First of all, you will read this and you will respond , as people like you, can't pass up a chance to call names and sling bull shit. I don't blame Obama, or the Chicago group that went to Copenhagen, to try to get the Olympics. I don't beleive it made a difference one way or the other. The only problem I have with it, is would he have gone, if it were a city in Montana, or some other RED state. I don't think so. It was all about helping HIS city. Or, rather, helping HIS cronies, as NO city ever makes a profit. Individuals do, some companies do, but NOT the city. For you to insert Rush or Beck into this thread, just shows how childish you are.

As far as blaming Obama for things, I would say, at or near, the top of the list, would be the BITTERNESS on the FAR LEFT. People like you, who are seeing your UTOPIA slipping away. The comming together of America, gathering around a campfire, singing KUM BA YA. You, and others want to blame Rush and Beck and, oh yeah, don't forget Hannity and O'Reilly, for all the county's ills. How childish. The last time I checked, none of them were in politics. The only purpose they serve, is to put out information that the MSM won't. And, by the way, Rush's term is, DRIVE BY MEDIA, not MSM.

46zilzal
10-03-2009, 12:48 PM
I had to belly laugh at hearing that the Koraskov's syndrome Glenn Beck was stating that Vancouver's Olympics LOST one billion dollars. Strange, it does not take place until February!

lsbets
10-03-2009, 12:59 PM
You probably laughed as hard as I do at the claims you make regarding your employment history.

andymays
10-03-2009, 01:16 PM
RealClearSports - Arrogance Dooms Olympic Dream

http://www.realclearsports.com/articles/2009/10/03/arrogance_dooms_olympic_dream_96494.html

Excerpt:

COPENHAGEN - There may be 76 reasons why Chicago did not get the 2016 Olympics. One for every vote it did not get from the International Olympic Committee in the one round it bothered to consider America's latest failed bid for the Games.

But there is one thing the theories about the reasons have in common. Arrogance. Good ol' American arrogance.

Instead of dedicating three days and nights working the IOC members, as we hear Tony Blair did for London in its successful bid for 2012, President Obama figured all he had to do was show up for a few minutes here at Bella Center after an all-night flight on Air Force One.

boxcar
10-03-2009, 01:21 PM
RealClearSports - Arrogance Dooms Olympic Dream

http://www.realclearsports.com/articles/2009/10/03/arrogance_dooms_olympic_dream_96494.html

Excerpt:

COPENHAGEN - There may be 76 reasons why Chicago did not get the 2016 Olympics. One for every vote it did not get from the International Olympic Committee in the one round it bothered to consider America's latest failed bid for the Games.

But there is one thing the theories about the reasons have in common. Arrogance. Good ol' American arrogance.

Instead of dedicating three days and nights working the IOC members, as we hear Tony Blair did for London in its successful bid for 2012, President Obama figured all he had to do was show up for a few minutes here at Bella Center after an all-night flight on Air Force One.

Arrogance!? BO doesn't have an arrogant bone in his entire smoke-filled body. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Rookies
10-03-2009, 02:00 PM
The only problem I have with it, is would he have gone, if it were a city in Montana, or some other RED state. I don't think so. It was all about helping HIS city.

As far as going to bat for a red state city, I thought about that very point when I went out to get the DRF this morning. I absolutely think you're correct about going to bat for your original home base; something only the loons could criticize. If he hadn't, there would have been strong criticim from the base.

On the other side, considering that Red State Atlanta already had its day, where would it be ? Big D, Tex-ass ? Maybe, but I conceed that probably the President might have punted in the situation. If Bush was in the office, he would absolutely have gone all out... well at least at the beginning of his tenure. Again- it would have been expected. (At the end, of course, it would have been an albatross. ) These things are all calculated.

And Andy- ZERO chance of 3 days. Can you imagine the usual yellers and screamers in talk radio and here ranting about that ? In fact, as we know now, Obama took the opportunity of the back half of the trip to get his final review of the Afghan situation with the U.S. commander.

The Judge
10-03-2009, 02:13 PM
he should have spent 3 days when the mantra by many here was he can't afford to go at all , it was taking time away from important matters.

After the Bird Nest and the swimming facility in China. Chicago was priding itself in how little construction would take place. I don't think that's a strong calling card with the committee.

Obama was asked to go,not spent 3 days there, he went. He tried to help the city that gave him a start and for that he is called names including his wife and Oprah, "fat cow, racist.'

Ask Dr. Phil or Dr. Oz and any number of white people who have become millionaires with Oprah's help whether or not she is a racist. Ask her staff if she is a racist. Ask those who are sending their children to college with a Harpo paycheck if she is a racist. Ask those who have benefited from her many charities if she is a racist.

Oprah has launched more white people and their careers faster and higher then the "space shuttle" yet she is a racist "go figure". Won't address the Obama's that's too off the wall.

Rio had a better story then Chicago. I would have voted for Rio who wouldn't?

Tom
10-03-2009, 02:38 PM
You probably laughed as hard as I do at the claims you make regarding your employment history.

He does a lot of belly laughing lately. I wonder if there is a medical name for that?

Rookies
10-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Well, then...turnaround is fair play, isn't it? One set of crooks is outsmarted by another. Gotta love it. But THE crook who went down rather unceremoniously in flames (to pile insult upon injury) wasn't supposed to get defeated; for after all...he's your messiah. This is the whackjob who can walk on water, isn't he? At least, judging from the reaction over on the Communist News Network, he is.

But the good part of this little saga is that because BO personally injected himself into the IOC's selection process, trying to influence the outcome, the story couldn't be swept under the rug. It was too big because BO made it so.
No reporter in his right mind could feign ignorance over the events leading up to the decision.

But it even gets better, Mr. Rooks, because you have confirmed what I have been saying for a long time now: The "messiah" cannot fail. The MSM and all the messiah's drones and blind sheeple won't allow him to fail. Even you can't portray his attempts as a dismal failure. Instead, you blame the "crooks" at the IOC. It's their fault. After all...who in their right mind could refuse the "miracle worker" -- the worker of Hope and Change -- who could deny his wishes? On what reasonable grounds!? Therefore, the "fix" had to have been in, right? It's not BO's fault that he fell flat on his face from high atop his bully pulpit, is it? :rolleyes:

Thanks for affirming my prediction about how BO's mindless drones will protect and serve their master.

Boxcar

Communist News Network ? That is funny, but it was funny when my conservative neighbour made it 9 months ago. The problem with you righty guys is you can't stay ahead of the curve... err the Lou Dobbs & cronies every day attack Obama Network. ;)

On your main attack, of course, we're on opposite sides of the paradigm. The right, as I pointed out, allowed the President only a Lose-Lose option. In their/your opinion, if he went and the bid was for Chicago, it would never have had anything to do with him... late arrival, work already done, palms already greased, decision already known, wasting resources :lol: etc.

If he didn't, then it was that he doesn't care about an important issue, ignores the people who elected him, etc.

I don't serve Obama or any other politician. If I think he's done something really stupid, I'll say so and have.

It doesn't mean however, that I don't know what the name of the game has been since the day he's been elected. For the right, this isn't a guy who spends his days trolling for BJs from ugly women. This is the real, meal deal. The guy, who absolutely DOES want to change America on many fronts. This is an affront, a fear and a dread to those whose interests he opposes. So, I understand what you're doing. Try to knock him off his pedestal by all manner of attack: valid, invalid, insane, straw men, stiff men, kooky teabag yellers- whatever and do it every day. That way you can slow him down until such time, as you believe the right can mount a challenge.

Even if he succeeds, the next to last battleground will be the courts. No doubt, the righties are preparing their cases now for submission.

Finally, the fix is always in at the IOC- always has been, always will. Somebody as sharp as you knows that, so don't underplay it.

Tom
10-03-2009, 02:40 PM
In fact, as we know now, Obama took the opportunity of the back half of the trip to get his final review of the Afghan situation with the U.S. commander.

Ah yes, our troops in harms way are an afterthought. As long as he's in the area, might as well stop by.

Tom
10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
he should have spent 3 days when the mantra by many here was he can't afford to go at all , it was taking time away from important matters.

After the Bird Nest and the swimming facility in China. Chicago was priding itself in how little construction would take place. I don't think that's a strong calling card with the committee.

Obama was asked to go,not spent 3 days there, he went. He tried to help the city that gave him a start and for that he is called names including his wife and Oprah, "fat cow, racist.'

Ask Dr. Phil or Dr. Oz and any number of white people who have become millionaires with Oprah's help whether or not she is a racist. Ask her staff if she is a racist. Ask those who are sending their children to college with a Harpo paycheck if she is a racist. Ask those who have benefited from her many charities if she is a racist.

Oprah has launched more white people and their careers faster and higher then the "space shuttle" yet she is a racist "go figure". Won't address the Obama's that's too off the wall.

Rio had a better story then Chicago. I would have voted for Rio who wouldn't?

Michelle is a COW. She said so. Citizen of the World.

JustRalph
10-03-2009, 03:12 PM
I had to belly laugh at hearing that the Koraskov's syndrome Glenn Beck was stating that Vancouver's Olympics LOST one billion dollars. Strange, it does not take place until February!

Yeah, Beck really screwed that one up.........you know, getting obscure Canadian cities like Vancouver and Calgary confused............... :lol:

you know, like 57 States............

boxcar
10-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Communist News Network ? That is funny, but it was funny when my conservative neighbour made it 9 months ago. The problem with you righty guys is you can't stay ahead of the curve... err the Lou Dobbs & cronies every day attack Obama Network. ;)

On your main attack, of course, we're on opposite sides of the paradigm. The right, as I pointed out, allowed the President only a Lose-Lose option. In their/your opinion, if he went and the bid was for Chicago, it would never have had anything to do with him... late arrival, work already done, palms already greased, decision already known, wasting resources :lol: etc.

If he didn't, then it was that he doesn't care about an important issue, ignores the people who elected him, etc.

I don't serve Obama or any other politician. If I think he's done something really stupid, I'll say so and have.

It doesn't mean however, that I don't know what the name of the game has been since the day he's been elected. For the right, this isn't a guy who spends his days trolling for BJs from ugly women. This is the real, meal deal. The guy, who absolutely DOES want to change America on many fronts. This is an affront, a fear and a dread to those whose interests he opposes. So, I understand what you're doing. Try to knock him off his pedestal by all manner of attack: valid, invalid, insane, straw men, stiff men, kooky teabag yellers- whatever and do it every day. That way you can slow him down until such time, as you believe the right can mount a challenge.

Even if he succeeds, the next to last battleground will be the courts. No doubt, the righties are preparing their cases now for submission.

Finally, the fix is always in at the IOC- always has been, always will. Somebody as sharp as you knows that, so don't underplay it.

Yeah, we conservatives know all about the kind of change this Marxist wants to bring to this free land. He wants to grow government, make it more powerful, confiscate more of our personal property, make us more sate-dependent and, therefore, reduce our individual liberties. We will fight this tyranny with all our might.

Boxcar

falconridge
10-03-2009, 03:56 PM
So you are saying that a major sporting event does not have a positve economic effect on a city?
It took Montreal, a great city both despite and because of the Quebecois, more than 30 years to pay off its debt on Olympic Stadium--notwithstanding that great white elephant's being the site, in 1982, of Le Partie d'Etoiles (another event I'd never miss--if it were to become extinct). All this despite Mayor Jean Drapeau's assuring the eventual bill-footers, the Montrealers, that "the Olympics can no more have a deficit than a man can have a baby." :D :( :bang:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/11/thomas-beatle-p.html

Greyfox
10-03-2009, 04:24 PM
It took Montreal, a great city both despite and because of the Quebecois, more than 30 years to pay off its debt on Olympic Stadium--http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/11/thomas-beatle-p.html

True. And prior to the Olympics Montreal's Mayor Jean Drapeau said:

"The Olympics can no more lose money than a man can have a baby."

That baby ended up costing the tax payers of Montreal for over 30 years.
(Oops., I just read your quote too, but I think it needed high lighting.)

Rookies
10-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah, we conservatives know all about the kind of change this Marxist wants to bring to this free land. He wants to grow government, make it more powerful, confiscate more of our personal property, make us more sate-dependent and, therefore, reduce our individual liberties. We will fight this tyranny with all our might.

Boxcar

The other side of the coin based on your statements is the following:

1) Yeah, we conservatives know all about the kind of change this Marxist wants to bring to this free land.

NO country and NO citizens on earth are completely free. Maybe, America was when it was trading beads for pelts with the natives. (Oh sorry, that didn't include the other gender or anyone of colour - err.. black/yellow/red blacks for a very, very long time. ) Certain rights are conferred, but they are abridged, certain duties are imposed. It's all a matter of degree on the continuum.

2) He wants to grow government, make it more powerful,
He wants to make government function smarter, better, faster. Sometimes, this makes it more powerful through the new technologies, but you need smart people running it or it won't.

3) confiscate more of our personal property,
He wants to make gov fiscal policy conform more to the benefit of the majority, meaning those with less resources might do better OR at least have a fairer shot at doing better in society. The corollary is that those who have been favoured before at the top end of the fiscal scale, will not do quite as well. The scale will be slightly more graduated. Not even close to social democracy or democratic socialism.

4) make us more s(t)ate-dependent and, therefore, reduce our individual liberties

This may be a consequence of the (3) former, although this is a conclusion the less bright in society may draw as a consequence of getting slightly more resources/ opportunities. The real long term consequence is to have in fact a stronger belief in country, in democracy and in getting ahead. It is more communal and less personal admittedly in many of the subject areas. Many citizens of many reasonably free countries see relative positive value in these goals.

As for individual liberties, these have been whittled away from at least the Clinton & especially the Bush administrations since 9-11. I never agree to relinquish much liberty to defend freedoms. It is always up to all citizens to voice criticism of these things even against the hoary old shibboleths of patriotism ,love of country and that completely moronic call to arms of the 60s- " My country right or wrong. ". Au contraire, when you're country is wrong, it's time to step out from the crowd/populace and say so. That's what participatory democracy is all about.

Finally, even YOU Boxcar and you hardhead, numbskull friend from NY are entitled to your opinions, right or wrong and the right to present them in a peaceful manner. ;)

Rooks

falconridge
10-03-2009, 04:48 PM
We will fight this tyranny with all our might.
... even if it means exhausting P.A.'s bandwidth?! :eek: :faint: :lol: Post on, sisters and brothers, and never forget Sister Baez's heroic support of Soledad Brother George Jackson and fellow Coal-hued Catamounts Eldridge and Huey. Death to the fascist insect that preys upon the life of the People! Pull those tregroes!

http://illfolks.blogspot.com/2007/06/sacrilege-6-joan-baez-pull-triggers.html (be sure to pull the tregro to the link at the bottom of the June 29, 2007 blog about Saint Joan)

Tom
10-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Lots of of thought in that reply, Rookie.
But I reject every word of it. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you actually lived in this country your opinion would carry some weight, but you don't and it doesn't. You have no point of reference being a foreigner. And if you actually listened to Obama's previous words and those of his czars, you would see how far off the mark your reply is.

Don't you guys have a hockey game to go watch? Foreigners analyzing our politics is rather boring.

Rookies
10-03-2009, 04:51 PM
It took Montreal, a great city both despite and because of the Quebecois, more than 30 years to pay off its debt on Olympic Stadium--notwithstanding that great white elephant's being the site, All this despite Mayor Jean Drapeau's assuring the eventual bill-footers, the Montrealers, that "the Olympics can no more have a deficit than a man can have a baby." :D :( :bang:

Montreal is merely half the city, literally and figuratively, that it was from the time I went to that Olympics and slept in a field... in the mud... and it sure as hell didn't have Woodstock bands. It made its' bed on the language question and now it is sleeping in it... well half of it... since about a million people voted with their feet and left.

The Olympic debt was a side issue for that crook Drapeau, who could have schooled Daley (the Elder) on how to run a city with an iron fist. He spit on democracy!:ThmbDown:

JustRalph
10-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Barack Husein Obama........mmmm....mmmmm....!!!

I love good graphics.......Rush Limbaugh's site has some nice ones :lol: :lol:

Rookies
10-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Lots of of thought in that reply, Rookie.
But I reject every word of it. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you actually lived in this country your opinion would carry some weight, but you don't and it doesn't. You have no point of reference being a foreigner. And if you actually listened to Obama's previous words and those of his czars, you would see how far off the mark your reply is.

Don't you guys have a hockey game to go watch? Foreigners analyzing our politics is rather boring.

I haven't addressed your subjective jingoism before, but its' time I stopped letting it go. I post here at the pleasure of the Moderator only- nobody else. I will continue to do so, subject to the same proviso. In addition, some persons like yourself are always so disingenuous. The only time you reject the opinion of somebody you don't think an American, is when they disagree with you/ your politics. Up to then, you'll load up ANY statement, article, video/ audio from anywhere, which is in support.

Check the TOS. There is no statement there prohibiting comment on the basis of citizenship. Nor do you even know anything about me, my citizenship or that of my family. I've already discussed my situation with a person on your side of the political spectrum, but I won't be doing it with you. And it sure as hell is none of your business.

We could settle this by playing hockey, though. Great idea. Canadians love to " go into the corners". Let me know when you're available. :)

boxcar
10-03-2009, 05:24 PM
... even if it means exhausting P.A.'s bandwidth?! :eek: :faint: :lol: Post on, sisters and brothers, and never forget Sister Baez's heroic support of Soledad Brother George Jackson and fellow Coal-hued Catamounts Eldridge and Huey. Death to the fascist insect that preys upon the life of the People! Pull those tregroes!

http://illfolks.blogspot.com/2007/06/sacrilege-6-joan-baez-pull-triggers.html (be sure to pull the tregro to the link at the bottom of the June 29, 2007 blog about Saint Joan)

And you forgot to add: Death to the fascist insect's minions who support killing freedom and capitalism through a tyrannical state. But until we meet on the battlefield, whereupon the Tree of Liberty is refreshed with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike, enjoy life on your master's plantation...while you can.

Boxcar

46zilzal
10-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Last week the majority of sources were touting the obvious: the Olympics had never been in South America. This choice should hve been 3/5.

Tom
10-03-2009, 05:33 PM
I haven't addressed your subjective jingoism before, but its' time I stopped letting it go. I post here at the pleasure of the Moderator only- nobody else.

Me too. Bring it on.
You want to stick your nose in our politics, go ahead, but expect a reply.

But I guess I feel your pain......what goes on in Canada that anyone is interested in anyways? :lol:

Oh my, the pond froze! Eh?

Tom
10-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Last week the majority of sources were touting the obvious: the Olympics had never been in South America. This choice should hve been 3/5.

No one told Bummy. He thought he could waltz in and schmooze them.
Duh.

But, His COW needed an outing, and Orca's pool was being cleaned last week,
so what the heck, kill off some more of the ozone, waste a few million bucks......what the heck.

boxcar
10-03-2009, 06:06 PM
The other side of the coin based on your statements is the following:

1) Yeah, we conservatives know all about the kind of change this Marxist wants to bring to this free land.

NO country and NO citizens on earth are completely free. Maybe, America was when it was trading beads for pelts with the natives. (Oh sorry, that didn't include the other gender or anyone of colour - err.. black/yellow/red blacks for a very, very long time. ) Certain rights are conferred, but they are abridged, certain duties are imposed. It's all a matter of degree on the continuum.

So...your answer is what? We should become less free?

As for individual liberties, these have been whittled away from at least the Clinton & especially the Bush administrations since 9-11. I never agree to relinquish much liberty to defend freedoms.

Again, you justify communism lite (which socialism is) with this nonsense?
Your answer is, hey, Americans, you've lost a bunch of individual liberties along time ago, what's a few more?

That may be alright from the part of the world you live in, but from where I sit it will never be acceptable. Dependence upon a godless, wicked state, that upon every turn, feigns concern for the masses, is not what made this country great. Individualism, independence, creativity, entrepreneurship, resourcefulness, industriousness, and a general belief in God -- all of these high values have made this country what it is. But I detest socialism because it despises these kinds of values, (even though they're the only kind that produce a true sense of self-worth and self-esteem) and wants to reduce human beings to numbered lap dogs feeding out of their powerful master's hand. I could understand how you'd enjoy this kind of life, probably lacking the moral fortitude or wherewithal to live your life free from an oppressive government, much the way a lifer in prison would probably be terrified at the prospect of being told that he's going to be set free in the outside world. People like you can't handle and, therefore, enjoy freedom, so you think no one else should either? We should just follow you to the feeding trough with our tails between our legs? God forbid! Go wallow by yourself in the muck and mire of your own insecurities, inadequacies and fears. Maybe when you sink to the bottom, you'll find discover that long promised utopia here on earth.

Wake up from your self-induced lethargy and smell the coffee already. Socialism doesn't work! Period. The best socialism can do is reduce a nation to a level of mediocrity in virtually all aspects of its society. The best it can do is spread the misery around because, to a socialist's way of perverted reasoning, spreading the misery is only "fair" -- only "just". It's truly been said that "misery loves company". Well, I have news for you, sir: I don't want any of yours or any of your like-minded brethren's, for that matter.

Boxcar

Rookies
10-03-2009, 07:29 PM

That may be alright from the part of the world you live in, but from where I sit it will never be acceptable. Dependence upon a godless, wicked state, that upon every turn, feigns concern for the masses, is not what made this country great. Individualism, independence, creativity, entrepreneurship, resourcefulness, industriousness, and a general belief in God -- all of these high values have made this country what it is. But I detest socialism because it despises these kinds of values, (even though they're the only kind that produce a true sense of self-worth and self-esteem) and wants to reduce human beings to numbered lap dogs feeding out of their powerful master's hand. I could understand how you'd enjoy this kind of life, probably lacking the moral fortitude or wherewithal to live your life free from an oppressive government, much the way a lifer in prison would probably be terrified at the prospect of being told that he's going to be set free in the outside world. People like you can't handle and, therefore, enjoy freedom, so you think no one else should either? We should just follow you to the feeding trough with our tails between our legs? God forbid! Go wallow by yourself in the muck and mire of your own insecurities, inadequacies and fears. Maybe when you sink to the bottom, you'll find discover that long promised utopia here on earth.

Wake up from your self-induced lethargy and smell the coffee already. Socialism doesn't work! Period. The best socialism can do is reduce a nation to a level of mediocrity in virtually all aspects of its society. The best it can do is spread the misery around because, to a socialist's way of perverted reasoning, spreading the misery is only "fair" -- only "just". It's truly been said that "misery loves company". Well, I have news for you, sir: I don't want any of yours or any of your like-minded brethren's, for that matter.

Boxcar

Boxcar, where do you get these diatribes: Das Windbag ?

Rookies
10-03-2009, 07:49 PM
DAMN !

I had a whole rebuttal ready to go and it was eaten by the system. That was only the first line. Maybe later...

boxcar
10-03-2009, 08:44 PM
DAMN !

I had a whole rebuttal ready to go and it was eaten by the system. That was only the first line. Maybe later...

Yupper, that "system" is a great example of the latest and greatest in technology that a technocrat like yourself should appreciate. In a nutshell, what it does is that it intelligently detects useless, mindless drivel and deletes it, thereby saving not only bandwith (which Falconridge should appreciate), but also all intelligent, independent thinkers' valuable time (including my own). Let's hear it for technology! :jump: :jump:

Boxcar
P.S. I'm betting that you're incapable of taking a hint, also. :rolleyes:

Rookies
10-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Yupper, that "system" is a great example of the latest and greatest in technology that a technocrat like yourself should appreciate. In a nutshell, what it does is that it intelligently detects useless, mindless drivel and deletes it, thereby saving not only bandwith (which Falconridge should appreciate), but also all intelligent, independent thinkers' valuable time (including my own). Let's hear it for technology! :jump: :jump:

Boxcar
P.S. I'm betting that you're incapable of taking a hint, also. :rolleyes:

I take hints from whomever I want to, bu it won't likely be you. It was the 10 minute amend rule to a previous posting that skewered me, but thanks for your valuable nonsense. :lol:

boxcar
10-03-2009, 11:10 PM
I take hints from whomever I want to, bu it won't likely be you. It was the 10 minute amend rule to a previous posting that skewered me, but thanks for your valuable nonsense. :lol:

You say, "skewered"? :rolleyes: Hope nothing pierced your vital parts.

Boxcar

Show Me the Wire
10-04-2009, 01:02 AM
DAMN !

Don't you just hate when that happens :) , I do ;)

Rookies
10-04-2009, 11:00 AM
My response to your screed.

Again, you justify communism lite (which socialism is) with this nonsense?

Your answer is, hey, Americans, you've lost a bunch of individual liberties along time ago, what's a few more?

First, the diminution of personal liberties is usually never a good thing. My proviso would be whether individual rights collides with societal ones. These issues are, and should be, then subject to the appropriate Bills of Rights in democratic countries and should the parties feel aggrieved- the legal system.

Beyond this though, the post 9-11 realities, especially in your Republic, are that they ARE being diminished due to national security/ safety reasons or less so- concerns or even more less so- beliefs. There is a small example from today's (glad I waited) N.Y. Times which illustrates this. Two border towns (Stanstead, Quebec & Derby Line, Vermont) are having imposed against the wills of the combined towns 2 new security gates to lock down two unsecured streets. ) By segue, how weird is this that this lockdown will occur before the 1000 mile sieve on your southern border ever is addressed, where real criminals/terrorists can enter ?

That may be alright from the part of the world you live in, but from where I sit it will never be acceptable

And this has nothing to do with socialism, which both America and Canada for that matter have never had. In fact, I believe, you've never had ONE Socialist or even Left wing government throughout your history, so zero frame of reference or even with minority multi party governments of left and right. Thus, your penchant to get excited about a bogeyman without any reference to the various placements on the Left- Right political continuum. Canada's only experience with very pale imitations of left wing governments has been at the Provincial, never National level. I vote for them from time to time, mainly because I believe in some of their policy on the role of the state to advance issues on behalf of all- say Health Care.

In addition, even in my firebrand, left wing days at University (at the time of the abacus), I spit on student members of the Communist Party of Canada. Clearly, I wasn’t sold on interventions in the 1969 Czech economy to defeat “ reactionary forces” via the diplomacy of Russian tanks. Likewise, the promise of a “socialist worker’s paradise” clearly wasn’t exactly being translated into reality. So you are very incorrect on my beliefs. I was then and am now, deeply suspicious and opposed to autocratic, oligarchies ( the various Peoples’ parties) setting themselves up as legislator, judge and jury of the will of the people. But, you already know that this is so far removed from the present situation in America and/or any of the Western democracies, it might as well be from another time and planet!

By corollary, this does not mean that I am a bootlicker for capitalism. And of course, nothing in the past 3-4 years, with the wretched excesses of crooks, con men and greed encouraged and gone viral, would convince me to get on the bus. I have come to the conclusion that while capitalism is probably the best economic system, my own succint, unemcumbered position is the following:

Companies/Individuals have the right to make as much money as they wish; provided they do that within the context of regulated and enforced law.

If the people think the law is an ass, then they need to reduce or get rid of it. That is what a democracy is all about.

In addition, I believe that under capitalism, governments, through the agreed will of the people, need to provide certain basic, societal building blocks, like Education and Health Care. How well these are accomplished, what options are available, should again be a matter for the people and their government. All people, including ourselves, may disagree and strongly about some of these matters and the their extent.

Individualism, independence, creativity, entrepreneurship, resourcefulness, industriousness, and a general belief in God -- all of these high values have made this country what it is.

In and of themselves, these are interesting, even noble virtues, many of which I espouse. Of course, American history has not even allowed them to be pursued by all citizens for more than say- 40 years of the 233 the Republic has been in existence. In and of itself, that is a damnable disgrace and undermines your position. My personal opposition to these ideas would be where I believe society needs to step in to address the frailties and limitations of some of its citizens, who through no fault of their own, simply can’t fulfill them. e.g. Although my special needs son actually has 3 small jobs weekly, it would be unlikely that he could ever economically sustain himself throughout his life. Of course, my wife & I are attempting to fill this gap, but we do need some aid from the state.

I could understand how you'd enjoy this kind of life, probably lacking the moral fortitude

Beacause of the above and other things I’m not willing to divulge, I deeply resent this assertion from you. I’ve had a shiteload of ‘moral fortitude’ during my lifetime, well beyond those who blithely and blindly never think about anybody but themselves. So, you are free to make these assertions on a Net Forum, but I will oppose them-strongly.

People like you can't handle and, therefore, enjoy freedom, so you think no one else should either?

Au contraire. While you are welcome to your entirely black-white world, mine is, in some areas (especially outside of law and order) more grey. I think, as implied above, that we need the best of both theories of capitalism and socialism. This does not mean that I don’t appreciate and enjoy my freedoms. So, again, I resent your painting me as such, nor do I remotel believe that you are correct.

I have tried here not to cherry pick or take your strident response out of context, but feel free to point out if you think I have. :ThmbUp:

andymays
10-04-2009, 11:36 AM
YouTube - George Will on Obamas' Olympic Quest: "It Was All About Them"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY9pkFTF3G0&feature=player_embedded

Excerpt:

"She - Mrs. Obama - used the first person singular pronoun in some form or other - I or me - 34 times in 16 paragraphs. He [President Obama] used it 23 times in 13 paragraphs."

boxcar
10-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Mr. Anti-Screed wrote:

font=Times New Roman]And this has nothing to do with socialism, which both America and Canada for that matter have never had. In fact, I believe, you've never had ONE Socialist or even Left wing government throughout your history, so zero frame of reference or even with minority multi party governments of left and right. Thus, your penchant to get excited about a bogeyman without any reference to the various placements on the Left- Right political continuum. Canada's only experience with very pale imitations of left wing governments has been at the Provincial, never National level. I vote for them from time to time, mainly because I believe in some of their policy on the role of the state to advance issues on behalf of all- say Health Care.[/font]

This says it all. You're absolutely clueless when it comes to American history. No one, with any modicum of knowledge of same, could ever make this kind of remark -- at least not with a straight face. American has been on the very slippery slope of socialism from the days of Hoover, FDR, etc. One on the biggest lies or con jobs ever foisted upon the minds of the American people was passage and ratification of the income tax system that was sold to Americans as strictly being a temporary means of taxation to help fund the war. (It's been an awful long war, hasn't it? :rolleyes: ) And for your info, taxing people's incomes is a very Marxist kind of idea. Even our Founding Fathers were keenly aware of the evil implications of such a taxation system, which is why, originally, such a system was forbidden in the Constitution.

'Nuff said. I have zero time to waste with someone so full of himself, yet so devoid of any real knowledge.

Boxcar

boxcar
10-04-2009, 12:02 PM
YouTube - George Will on Obamas' Olympic Quest: "It Was All About Them"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY9pkFTF3G0&feature=player_embedded

Excerpt:

"She - Mrs. Obama - used the first person singular pronoun in some form or other - I or me - 34 times in 16 paragraphs. He [President Obama] used it 23 times in 13 paragraphs."

President and Mrs. Vain or even President and Mrs. Narkissos. Either would be eminently appropriate nicks for this narcissistic couple.

Boxcar

Rookies
10-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Mr. Anti-Screed wrote:

This says it all. You're absolutely clueless when it comes to American history. No one, with any modicum of knowledge of same, could ever make this kind of remark -- at least not with a straight face. American has been on the very slippery slope of socialism from the days of Hoover, FDR, etc. One on the biggest lies or con jobs ever foisted upon the minds of the American people was passage and ratification of the income tax system that was sold to Americans as strictly being a temporary means of taxation to help fund the war. (It's been an awful long war, hasn't it? :rolleyes: ) And for your info, taxing people's incomes is a very Marxist kind of idea. Even our Founding Fathers were keenly aware of the evil implications of such a taxation system, which is why, originally, such a system was forbidden in the Constitution.

'Nuff said. I have zero time to waste with someone so full of himself, yet so devoid of any real knowledge.

Boxcar

FULL OF HIMSELF ? Man, YOU are the poster child for that phrase. Whenever, you get any contrary opinion, you rant on! Maybe, you live on Deliverance mountain defending your stills with all those guns, but most of the rest of us live in complex, variegated societies, where tax policy is a necessity to ensure that some basics are covered and that people don't have to wait for the charity handouts of the noblesse oblige era- one no doubt, you clearly fit into!

'Slippery slope of socialism', the old domino theory of this mellenium reincarnated. :lol:

Geez, in your twisted mind, maybe you think the Caymans are about to be over run by Marxists.

-30-

boxcar
10-04-2009, 01:07 PM
FULL OF HIMSELF ? Man, YOU are the poster child for that phrase. Whenever, you get any contrary opinion, you rant on! Maybe, you live on Deliverance mountain defending your stills with all those guns, but most of the rest of us live in complex, variegated societies, where tax policy is a necessity to ensure that some basics are covered and that people don't have to wait for the charity handouts of the noblesse oblige era- one no doubt, you clearly fit into!

'Slippery slope of socialism', the old domino theory of this mellenium reincarnated. :lol:

Geez, in your twisted mind, maybe you think the Caymans are about to be over run by Marxists.

-30-

Typical liberal. Why did you feel the need to deliberately misrepresent what I wrote? I didn't criticize "tax policy" in some vague, generalized way. Rather, I criticized a particular form of taxation, i.e. the income tax -- distinct, let's say, from a consumption-based tax, such as a sales tax, for example. Or do you even know the difference? :bang: :bang:

You're a pathetic waste of my valuable time. I"m outta here.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
lol, anyone remember the movie?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_100209/content/01125109.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

andymays
10-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Olympian Failure: Valerie Jarrett s Third Strike?

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/abaldwin/2009/10/05/olympian-fail-valerie-jarretts-third-strike/

Excerpt:

Valerie Jarrett, Barack Obama’s long-time Chicago crony and current White House special advisor, may have just struck out with her ill advice for the president’s IOC blunder in Copenhagen.

As LA Examiner’s Kelli Kobor noted yesterday:

It is unlikely that the Obamas will eject a close and trusted friend from their inner circle over a relatively minor (as these things go) political embarrassment. But it is an open question whether Jarrett can withstand a steady string of scandals, of which her handling of the Olympics is only the most recent. Just two months ago she was wounded by her association with “Green Jobs Czar” Van Jones, who had to resign when it was revealed that he had signed more than one petition accusing George W. Bush’s White House of complicity in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.