PDA

View Full Version : What'd he say?

FenceBored
09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Sometimes, you just have to wonder who teaches people to 'communicate' like this.

“The new Kentucky Derby and Oaks 136 logos build upon an overall visual brand strategy introduced in 2009, which folds the icon marks representing the Derby and Oaks brands on a year-round basis into a larger event logo design,” said Edward O’Hara, SME’s chief creative officer and senior partner.

“A horse race is at the heart of the Derby brand, and reintroducing equine images to this year’s logo collection allows us to blend the tradition of premium horse racing with fresh colors and text styles that communicate the Derby and Oaks’ modern-day relevance and constant evolution.”

-- http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/52732/churchill-releases-logos-for-derby-oaks (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/52732/churchill-releases-logos-for-derby-oaks)

joanied
09-29-2009, 05:46 PM
:D Yeah...I read it and went....HUH:confused:
But....I kinda like the logo:ThmbUp:

Steve 'StatMan'
09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Does have the cool horse look, though also a bit of a falic symbol. Take a good look.

Java Gold@TFT
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Sometimes, you just have to wonder who teaches people to 'communicate' like this.

It's what happens when you let lawyers have children with interior designers.

joanied
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Does have the cool horse look, though also a bit of a falic symbol. Take a good look.

:lol: ...I don't know...that might be a bit of a stretch;)

rastajenk
09-29-2009, 06:30 PM
It'd look all right on the side of a football helmet.

OntheRail
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
That is double jabber spoken from some one whom did not partake in the design work but must speak on it merits and has little foundation to do so... so they babble. As for the design it's fine for a soccer team... but looks to plastic for the for a Historic event like the Kentucky Derby.

Space Monkey
09-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I looked at the logo and I immediately thought:

DENVER BRONCOS :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
09-29-2009, 07:27 PM
I looked at the logo and I immediately thought:

DENVER BRONCOS :lol:

I haven't paid much attention to the latest Denver Broncos logo, but that snout with what looks like a slight turn first had me thinking of a beak and the Seatle Seahawks logo. Then I drew my eyesight back and thought, oh no, that part just can't be!

Space Monkey
09-29-2009, 07:31 PM
You know Stat Man you may be right. Either way its not HORSE RACING to me. :ThmbDown:

Quagmire
09-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Is it a giraffe?

Bruddah
09-29-2009, 09:53 PM
It's what happens when you let lawyers have children with interior designers.

Now that's funny! I was in the Board Room of a couple of corporations over several years. Once in awhile, we had presentations made by individuals which thought Corporate Speak was a good way to communicate with us. Just the opposite was true.

Java Gold nailed it exactly. He gets a Big Amen Bruddah!

As far as the logo, it looks like the result of a fat Greyhound which caught a parked car. lol! :ThmbUp:

The Hawk
09-29-2009, 10:26 PM
As far as the logo, it looks like the result of a fat Greyhound which caught a parked car. lol! :ThmbUp:

I though the same thing! It looks more greyhound than Thoroughred.

"They're in the gate, for the 136th Kentucky Derby! Hereeeeeeeeeee comes speedy..."

GameTheory
09-29-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Business-People-Speak-Like-Idiots/dp/0743269098

Java Gold@TFT
09-30-2009, 06:17 AM
Now that's funny! I was in the Board Room of a couple of corporations over several years. Once in awhile, we had presentations made by individuals which thought Corporate Speak was a good way to communicate with us. Just the opposite was true.

Java Gold nailed it exactly. He gets a Big Amen Bruddah!

600 posts and I got my first Amen Bruddah!! :jump: One more thing to cross of my Bucket List. ;)