bottom 5
32. Cleveland- it doesn't get any worse
31. St. Louis- not far away from # 32
30. Tampa Bay- off worst offensive performance in 2009
29. KC
28 (tie) Oakland & Detroit

Quagmire
09-29-2009, 12:30 PM
With Pennington out for the season the Dolphins should be cracking the bottom 5 soon.

Valuist
09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
That would not shock me. IF Detroit is on the improve (and that is a big if), could very easily see them go past Miami.

Valuist
09-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Baltimore's pass D actually has been good in 2 of the 3 games. They were terrible against a good QB (Rivers), but they absolutely destroyed a terrible passing team (Cleveland) and KC didn't do much against them.

49er
09-29-2009, 01:19 PM
How about them 49ers?

Marshall Bennett
09-29-2009, 03:30 PM
It's early , but the Texans are on pace to shatter the record for the most yards allowed in a season , 462 vs. Jets , 449 vs. Titans ( a game they actually won ) and 398 vs. Jaguars . This is a team much worse than many think . Their offense shines occasionally , but not good enough by a mile to carry such a horrible defense . I would put them in the bottom five comfortably .
I don't like Dallas either . They don't deserve to be 2-1 . More often than not they play like shit . Barber would be an improvement , but not enough . This is no playoff team , Denver will beat them for fun , and I'm sure others will follow . Wade should be concerned because mass confusion surrounds him .

Marshall Bennett
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Btw , Texans open as a 9.5 pt. favorite over the Raiders this weekend . This is a joke . No team is that bad . I'll be all over that if it holds anywhere near 9.5 .

Valuist
09-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Houston's D is very bad but not much worse than Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Detroit and St. Louis. But the Texans have some big weapons on offense. Those other teams have horrible offenses. I don't know what the record for most yards/game is; ESPN's numbers only went back to 2002. And since 2002, the Lions of 2008 were the only team to allow over 400 yards/game. The Texans are on pace but their numbers should get better going against the awful JeMarcus Russell. He is the least accurate passer in the league.

Marshall Bennett
09-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Yards allowed : 1981 Colts ( 6793 ) 1983 Packers ( 6403 ) 2000 Seahawks ( 6391 ) Texans on pace for 6981 .

proximity
09-29-2009, 07:34 PM
i am a colts fan. we're not one of the top 5 teams in the league? :confused:

non-division teams i'm most worried about:

san diego (play us tough)
pittsburgh (solid)
new england (should get better)
ny giants (solid)
dallas (could possibly give us good game)

we're playing baltimore on nov 22. we've played them once in each of the last two seasons and have "mercy-ruled" them both times. we'll see how much better they've gotten and hopefully adjust accordingly!!

Valuist
09-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Your Colts were very impressive against Arizona.....but what about the first 2 weeks? They couldn't tackle Miami runners at all, giving up 239 rushing yards. In week 1, they squeaked by a mediocre Jaguar team at home. Relax, the season is only 3 weeks old.

I'm not anti-Colts and I go to a game in Indy every year. I'll be there for the Sunday night game against the Patriots and I'd love to see them stomp on NE.

proximity
09-29-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm not anti-Colts and I go to a game in Indy every year. I'll be there for the Sunday night game against the Patriots and I'd love to see them stomp on NE.

i'm not a big fan of the cover two defense and the colts have weak linebackers and over the years could maybe practice special teams a little bit more... but that's about it. hopefully sanders will be back for new england.... and hopefully earlier. his presence would have made a big difference against miami.

Valuist
09-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I like the new WR, Garcon. He not only has blazing speed, he has some power as well. He ran right over a DB last week.

proximity
09-29-2009, 10:12 PM
I like the new WR, Garcon. He not only has blazing speed, he has some power as well. He ran right over a DB last week.

absolutely!! not to knock on m.h., but defenses actually have to tackle this guy!! :)

Java Gold@TFT
09-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Maybe a good list for week three but don't underestimate Washington's ability to hit the bottom five by the end of the season. They've already lost to Detroit and beat St. Louis in a thrillling 9-7 snoozefest where their own fans booed them off the field for winning. This week they get bottom dwelling Tampa Bay and then the highly inconsistent Carolina. Later in the year they get KC and Oakland. That means of the worst teams in the NFL they get to play 5 of them. If they only go 3-2 against those teams they have a legitimate shot of finishing at 3-13. We'll have to wait and see how long Zorn lasts if they can't beat TB and KC impressively in the next 3 weeks.

cj's dad
09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Btw , Texans open as a 9.5 pt. favorite over the Raiders this weekend . This is a joke . No team is that bad . I'll be all over that if it holds anywhere near 9.5 .

Betting rule #1 - never take a BAD team giving points - Texans = BAD TEAM

Your logic is superb !!

pktruckdriver
09-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Dolphins 0-3 This will be a tough year with schedulr,butthety are still holding their own for the most part, maybeanother year or 2 still to go.

Top 4 teams so far

Giants

Ravens

Saints

Colt/Jets

Just My Opinion

Valuist
09-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Maybe a good list for week three but don't underestimate Washington's ability to hit the bottom five by the end of the season. They've already lost to Detroit and beat St. Louis in a thrillling 9-7 snoozefest where their own fans booed them off the field for winning. This week they get bottom dwelling Tampa Bay and then the highly inconsistent Carolina. Later in the year they get KC and Oakland. That means of the worst teams in the NFL they get to play 5 of them. If they only go 3-2 against those teams they have a legitimate shot of finishing at 3-13. We'll have to wait and see how long Zorn lasts if they can't beat TB and KC impressively in the next 3 weeks.

They've looked awful the past 2 weeks but there is some talent on that team. The win margin two weeks ago was a bit deceptive as Zorn went for it on 4th down at the 1 and came up empty. What the hell was he thinking? A two point lead, late in the game, an opponent with a weak offense. I can't believe they didn't kick the FG.

Marshall Bennett
09-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Betting rule #1 - never take a BAD team giving points - Texans = BAD TEAM

Your logic is superb !!
Thank you , but I'll take my chances with this particular BAD team . :)

cj's dad
09-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Thank you , but I'll take my chances with this particular BAD team . :)

I must have misunderstood your post or you did mine - I thought that you would be all over Oakland; i.e. TAKING the 9.5 points; after all don't you think that Texas is a bad team ??

Java Gold@TFT
09-30-2009, 01:07 PM
They've looked awful the past 2 weeks but there is some talent on that team. The win margin two weeks ago was a bit deceptive as Zorn went for it on 4th down at the 1 and came up empty. What the hell was he thinking? A two point lead, late in the game, an opponent with a weak offense. I can't believe they didn't kick the FG.
To me the really deceptice score was the first game against the Giants. They got a TD for special teams on a fake FG and a meaningless TD with 2:30 to go. So, so far in 3 games the offense has 3 TD's and it took them 3 FG's to beat the worst team in the league. They have talent but it looks like the locker room is a marriage therapy center right now. They are all pointing fingers and wondering if the coach will be ther in a couple of weeks.

BTW, I am a Giants fan so I don't care what the Skins do. I just look at their schedule and find it hard to get past 4 wins. (Maybe 5) even though they get to play 5 games against teams that everyone would consider in the top 8 of worst teams.

Marshall Bennett
09-30-2009, 03:47 PM
I must have misunderstood your post or you did mine - I thought that you would be all over Oakland; i.e. TAKING the 9.5 points; after all don't you think that Texas is a bad team ??
Sorry , I meant taking the 9.5 against this particular bad team , being Houston . They're both bad , but I meant the Texans . :)

Valuist
09-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Washington has some kind of schedule......St. Louis, Detroit then Tampa Bay. That is the ultimate 3-pack of crap.

bisket
09-30-2009, 05:01 PM
the ravens will be at the top of those lists by midseason :jump:

bisket
09-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Washington has some kind of schedule......St. Louis, Detroit then Tampa Bay. That is the ultimate 3-pack of crap.
well then maybe zorn makes it to the end of the season :D

ddog
09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Houston's D is very bad but not much worse than Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Detroit and St. Louis. But the Texans have some big weapons on offense. Those other teams have horrible offenses. I don't know what the record for most yards/game is; ESPN's numbers only went back to 2002. And since 2002, the Lions of 2008 were the only team to allow over 400 yards/game. The Texans are on pace but their numbers should get better going against the awful JeMarcus Russell. He is the least accurate passer in the league.

The Texans are on pace but their numbers should get better going against the awful JeMarcus Russell. He is the least accurate passer in the league.

make that in the WORLD of all times!!!
Someone told me he had 3 sacks and 1 YARD PASSING in the 2nd half last week.
I am old - slow and have a bad shoulder, for sure I could beat the 1 yard, everytime!

:lol:

Marshall Bennett
09-30-2009, 07:10 PM
All Russell has to do is hand off the ball and they'll simply ram it down their throats . He'd do well to try throwing first . Houston's secondary is as bad as it gets .

Valuist
09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
What was the headline after the Lions beat the Redskins?

Washington bails out Detroit.....again

bisket
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
What was the headline after the Lions beat the Redskins?

Washington bails out Detroit.....again
thats a good one :D

BetHorses!
10-03-2009, 07:54 AM
My top 5:
1. New Orleans- we knew about the O, the D has been better than expected
2. Baltimore- O has been unstoppable, run D is great, pass D lone weakness
3. NY Giants- had to work hard to beat Dallas despite plus 4 in T/O
4. NY Jets--gotta love the coaching switch from last year
5.(tie) New England & Minnesota

bottom 5
32. Cleveland- it doesn't get any worse
31. St. Louis- not far away from # 32
30. Tampa Bay- off worst offensive performance in 2009
29. KC
28 (tie) Oakland & Detroit

1- Saints
2- Giants
3- Ravens
4- Eagles
5- Jets

Who has Minnesota beat? 49ers at home last second :)

agree w/ bottom 5