PDA

View Full Version : Where is the media now?

ArlJim78
09-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Remember during the Bush years what a big stink the lefty media made about not being able to photograph the returning caskets at Dover? Well Obama lifted the ban and after an initial flurry of coverage, the press has become bored with it. Even though the casualities and fighting has increased this year in Afghanistan, there is no longer any televised coverage.
What happened to the outraged media who were clamoring to get in there with their cameras?
story at Politico (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Without-Bush-media-lose-interest-in-war-caskets-8310113-62427012.html). an excerpt;

Without Bush, media lose interest in war caskets
Remember the controversy over the Pentagon policy of not allowing the press to take pictures of the flag-draped caskets of American war dead as they arrived in the United States? Critics accused President Bush of trying to hide the terrible human cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"These young men and women are heroes," Vice President Biden said in 2004, when he was senator from Delaware. "The idea that they are essentially snuck back into the country under the cover of night so no one can see that their casket has arrived, I just think is wrong."

So far this month, 38 American troops have been killed in Afghanistan. For all of 2009, the number is 220 -- more than any other single year and more than died in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 combined.

With casualties mounting, the debate over U.S. policy in Afghanistan is sharp and heated. The number of arrivals at Dover is increasing. But the journalists who once clamored to show the true human cost of war are nowhere to be found.

lsbets
09-29-2009, 11:38 AM
They seem to be about as interested as Obama.

cj's dad
09-29-2009, 11:44 AM
They seem to be about as interested as Obama.

BO is so interested in the events in Afgahanistan that he has met with Gen. McChrystal once in 70 days

Tom
09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
And no meetings with republicans since April.
But he will meet with the Iranian madman.
Maybe he feels more comfortable with terrorists.

GaryG
09-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Also, it seems there was a lot of railing against the war here at PA, complete with fake compassion for those killed in action. One poster used to gleefully post a running total of the war dead.

dartman51
09-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Come on guys. Give the guy a break. You know he is on top of the REALLY important stuff. Like flying to Denmark to try and get the OLYMPICS for his beloved Chicago. Although, in light of these stats: 2008 MURDERS in CHICAGO- 508, Military deaths in Iraq - 314. 2009 MURDERS IN CHICAGO - 349 so far. Military deaths in Iraq - 125. Maybe he should try to get the OLYMPICS for IRAQ, it's safer.

boxcar
09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
And no meetings with republicans since April.
But he will meet with the Iranian madman.
Maybe he feels more comfortable with terrorists.

For sure he does. He's in his element with dictators. He loves rubbing elbows with his fellow narcissists.

Boxcar

Tom
09-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Maybe he should try to get the OLYMPICS for IRAQ, it's safer.:lol::lol::lol:

ddog
09-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Remember during the Bush years what a big stink the lefty media made about not being able to photograph the returning caskets at Dover? Well Obama lifted the ban and after an initial flurry of coverage, the press has become bored with it. Even though the casualities and fighting has increased this year in Afghanistan, there is no longer any televised coverage.
What happened to the outraged media who were clamoring to get in there with their cameras?
story at Politico (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Without-Bush-media-lose-interest-in-war-caskets-8310113-62427012.html). an excerpt;

Without Bush, media lose interest in war caskets
Remember the controversy over the Pentagon policy of not allowing the press to take pictures of the flag-draped caskets of American war dead as they arrived in the United States? Critics accused President Bush of trying to hide the terrible human cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"These young men and women are heroes," Vice President Biden said in 2004, when he was senator from Delaware. "The idea that they are essentially snuck back into the country under the cover of night so no one can see that their casket has arrived, I just think is wrong."

So far this month, 38 American troops have been killed in Afghanistan. For all of 2009, the number is 220 -- more than any other single year and more than died in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 combined.

With casualties mounting, the debate over U.S. policy in Afghanistan is sharp and heated. The number of arrivals at Dover is increasing. But the journalists who once clamored to show the true human cost of war are nowhere to be found.

What has been the consent rate and where were the crocs a few years ago when this poster claimed it was a politcal stunt and uses it as one now!!!!

A pox on both the media and you for a slime of a post.

IMO, the services should be on every station, mandated, every one.
No soaps, no talk shows, no football, until the services are shown.

It's all this fraud of a country can do , to have a pic shown for 2 seconds of the dead before the next dancing with the inane comes on.

Disgrace.

Snag
09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
You stepped into it now ddog!

I can't wait for your spin to get out of it.

boxcar
09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Disgrace.

The gross hypocrisy of the MSM, when they were so eager to parade out the dead, even more so.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
09-29-2009, 08:59 PM
What has been the consent rate and where were the crocs a few years ago when this poster claimed it was a politcal stunt and uses it as one now!!!!

A pox on both the media and you for a slime of a post.

IMO, the services should be on every station, mandated, every one.
No soaps, no talk shows, no football, until the services are shown.

It's all this fraud of a country can do , to have a pic shown for 2 seconds of the dead before the next dancing with the inane comes on.

Disgrace.
well, well, captain obfuscater got his panties in twist. I'm a slime for pointing out the inconsistency of the media? why? what did i do except point out the hypocrisy?

what poster claimed it was a political stunt two years ago? I didn't post here two years ago for one thing. for another thing it WAS a political stunt and I'm giving evidence for it. the disgrace is on the left and the media for using those deaths for political reasons. they care about telling the story of those men when its convenient to them or when their party is not in power. THAT is a disgrace.

you know what is a real disgrace that nobody talks about? Certain democrats have admitted that they took a hard line on Afghanistan during the campaign purely for political reasons. they got to bash Bush on Iraq, but at the same time not appear weak on defense by claiming that he was fighting the wrong war. now that they have the presidency and the General is demanding more troops just like Obama said was the right response, suddenly nobody is so gung ho about Afghanistan anymore. I personally don't know what the right decision is now, but I know that people who call for the country to engage in war based on a political calculation are slime to me. also the dem's and msm types who rooted AGAINST the US when it was Bush's war. Where are they now?

your idea about mandating that they put them on TV is to me over the top. for those people that want it fine, but there are people like myself that would not want my face or the face of someone in my family plastered on TV.