PDA

View Full Version : 8:30pm/ET Tonite-Catch a SUPERSTAR!

BombsAway Bob
09-27-2009, 07:11 PM
CLICK to VIEW LosAL Entry Betting Sheet for SEPT. 27 (http://www.losalamitos.com/laqhr/entries/20090927.pdf)

THE GREAT SNOWBOUND SUPERSTAR GOES FOR ALL-TIME RECORD ON SUNDAY

Snowbound Superstar's race is set for 5:30 p.m./PT
The wagering on Sunday gets underway at 6 p.m. with the popular early Pick 4 at Los Alamitos, guaranteed pool of $75,000. But the racing action, however, gets underway 30 minutes earlier with a non-betting event of historic importance. This exhibition stakes race will feature the dominant two-time champion distance horse Snowbound Superstar, as he goes after a national Quarter Horse record of 15 straight victories.

SansuiSC
09-28-2009, 01:59 AM
That was one hell of a race.
I thought as everyone did the horse was toast after drifting out like that on the turn. Those strides were remarkable that that horse had coming down the stretch to get up by a long nose.
A must see if anyone missed the race. Its a good one to watch.

statepierback
09-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Looks like a bet against next out. Breaks slow and lugs out on the far turn. Somethings not quite right imo.

cj
09-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks like a bet against next out. Breaks slow and lugs out on the far turn. Somethings not quite right imo.

Have you seen his other races to know if this is new? Maybe people have been saying that 15 times in a row now. :)

Hosshead
09-29-2009, 09:05 AM
He always runs wide on the turn. Broke the (13 yr. old) track record at Remington Park.

statepierback
10-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Have you seen his other races to know if this is new? Maybe people have been saying that 15 times in a row now. :)

No I have not seen any of his other races except one. You make a very valid point. Still his last effort in against the cream of the crop 870 qh's may not be enough. In addition his fast final time is helped by the late afternoon starting post time. I'm just searching to get some value in the finals. I'm not interested in 1/5 against a better field after seeing his last race.