PDA

View Full Version : Track Takeouts

bigbrown
09-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Does anybody know about a place where one can get all the track takeouts (e.g., wps take, exacta take, etc per track)?

Ideally it would be a "one stop" place where we could get the takeouts for all tracks, however even pasting together this info from multiple places would be very useful.

Thank you.

BillW
09-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Here you go BB. Be careful of other sources on the net. Most have quite a few inaccuracies.

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname.html

PaceAdvantage
09-27-2009, 12:18 PM
BillW, that's an excellent resource...I was actually looking online (Jockey Club, NTRA, etc) for a page that listed tracks ranked by average mutuel pool. Couldn't find anything.

HANA's link not only lists that info and more, but it's also sortable! :jump:

SecretSquirrel
09-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Here you go BB. Be careful of other sources on the net. Most have quite a few inaccuracies.

Very nice to have. Thanks.

BillW
09-27-2009, 12:34 PM
The only inaccuracies that I'm aware of (as of the end of 2008) are the cases where local jurisdictions add their own "tax" thus upping the rake. I believe some of the NY OTB's do this and Woodbine in some instances. I'm sure there are other examples.

The 2009 version will be out in the next 3 months or so.

jballscalls
09-27-2009, 12:58 PM
good stuff Bill,

We always post an up to date printout of all tracks takeouts at our scratch board in our main otb area. I think it's an important piece of info that all players should have access to

Tape Reader
09-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks BillW. Just what I was looking for.

jelly
09-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Great piece of information.

Why doesn't the Racing industry have anything like this?

Imriledup
09-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Great piece of information.

Why doesn't the Racing industry have anything like this?

:lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-27-2009, 02:58 PM
One reason might be that they don't feel it appropriate to "rank" tracks in terms of certain statistics. It might paint some tracks in a negative light...:lol:

bigbrown
09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Thank you very much Bill!

Horseplayersbet.com
09-28-2009, 10:58 AM
If those people asking for the takeout chart were members of HANA or visited the HANA blog, this question wouldn't have been asked.
Not sure if I'm pissed at HANA (including myself) for not being more persistent with the resources we have available at our sites, or the people who were not aware of the takeout chart but who haven't looked into HANA.

HANAs blog: http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/
HANAs website: http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/
Membership sign up (it is free and will take all of a minute and a half tops):
http://www.jcapper.com/HANA/SignUp/HANASignUpForm.asp?source=0

Mike_412
09-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Quick question on the Gulfstream pick 4 takeout on that chart. It's listed at 20%, but on Gulf's website it's listed at 22%. Anyone know who's right?

I know that Gulf changed the pick 6 takeout on their website last year as it was listed incorrectly, but don't know if they upped their pick 4 take by 2% or if it's a mistake on their site.

I have an e-mail out to them which may be answered by the time their meet starts in 97 days.

I forgot to add that the 22% goes for the pick 3 takeout as well.

BillW
09-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Quick question on the Gulfstream pick 4 takeout on that chart. It's listed at 20%, but on Gulf's website it's listed at 22%. Anyone know who's right?

I know that Gulf changed the pick 6 takeout on their website last year as it was listed incorrectly, but don't know if they upped their pick 4 take by 2% or if it's a mistake on their site.

I have an e-mail out to them which may be answered by the time their meet starts in 97 days.

The data I have (in this case) is from a track's spreadsheet used in their simulcast dept. from last February (i.e. that was the figure they were using when dealing with GP at that time). Gulfstream may have upped their takeout since then. I've noticed that they are usually not too enthusiastic about advertisings such changes :) . Let me know what you find out so that I can make note of it for next year (which comes up in the next few months).

Bill

Horseplayersbet.com
09-28-2009, 08:48 PM
The data I have (in this case) is from a track's spreadsheet used in their simulcast dept. from last February (i.e. that was the figure they were using when dealing with GP at that time). Gulfstream may have upped their takeout since then. I've noticed that they are usually not too enthusiastic about advertisings such changes :) . Let me know what you find out so that I can make note of it for next year (which comes up in the next few months).

Bill
Amazing that any track can get away with not publicizing take out rate hikes, especially in today's computer age, but I wouldn't put it past any track, even Gulfstream :D

BillW
09-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Amazing that any track can get away with not publicizing take out rate hikes, especially in today's computer age, but I wouldn't put it past any track, even Gulfstream :D

I don't know that they "hide" it, they just never seem to send me an e-mail though :lol:

chickenhead
09-28-2009, 10:49 PM

I have an email from December 19th last year where I asked them to correct their listed Pick 6 takeout rate (they had it listed at 12% on their website)..if any other bets were different at that time I'm sure I would have mentioned it..so they must have changed it since then. Which makes me think they raised it.

Mike_412
09-30-2009, 04:21 PM
I just received a response back from Mike Mullaney who is the Media Relations Director at GP. He let me know that it is a mistake on their website. Pick 3's and 4's remain at 20% take. He stated that he's asked the webmaster to make the change on the website.

To Gulf's credit, Bernie Hettel responded to an e-mail of mine the very next morning and Mr. Mullaney responded to my inquiry less than 48 hours after I sent it. The last time I e-mailed someone at Gulf around 2 years back I think I waited a month before receiving a response.

Now hopefully I'll receive a response from NJbets business office to two separate e-mails I had sent them. I've only been waiting 1 1/2 years on one and 2 years on the other. Sadly, I'm not joking either. Mini rant over.