PDA

View Full Version : MOHAWK LIVE SAT 9/26/09

botster
09-26-2009, 11:50 AM
A few in here that caught my eye in last.I don't usually bet these type of higher condition races with any seriousness,but may step a bit tonight if I can get my odds.

1st 5 CHEERS TO CHIP Luc knows this horse he drove this horse regularly a few years back for Chris Beaver in whom he has owned horses in partnership.This horse has always had trouble finishing miles.He was in cheaper two back, but I noticed he was looked in the eye and fought back,this horse has never been accustomed to doing this.The trainer here was working together With Mario B in trying to get that trotter MC FELIX back on track,so I am thinking she very well may know what she is doing.He was out sixteen days last week and was not very good against POWER SHOT who was pretty much a lock in there.The morning line favorite here in this case looks very vulnerable.

3rd 8 CR MUSCLE POWER was in against a tougher bunch in last with ENNY YOUNGMAN and VALVEC.This horse remains very sharp, so I will not ignore him at the right odds.

5th 4 PARLAY HANOVER this is a horse that must have severe breathing problems that has hindered him throughout his career.He has a ton of speed and some class, but hasn't been able to close it out much of the time.That mile last week was a good indicator that the problem was aided in some manner along with the rest.He moves up and that makes the barn interested in a good betting opprotunity.

6th 2 RUSTLIN GOODTIME loses JJ,but this horse was used "way too hard "to be a contender in last and still held respectable.He defeated the #1 two back taking a lifetime mark.He rarely wins, and only with perfect trips,but that last race holding well and him taking the lifetime shows me he is on the improve.

7th 1 PANDA BEAR Davis gets a rare catchdrive here.This horse impressed me large in last batteling gamely and coming back, when it looked like he was going to finish last!

11th 6 UP FRONT BAD raced a good one being in against a much classier HAVERFORD HANOVER in most recent.Eight year with over $350,000 in the bank,has been raced lightly the last two years, and is most likely a great play here in the finale.

Good Fortune:) .

botster
09-26-2009, 09:22 PM
This one here appeares to be the first decent one from the list to bet some.The track is pretty messy again tonight.

2 RUSTLIN GOODTIME is an overlay @ 12-1, I will bet w/p @ 8-1 or better.

lamboguy
09-26-2009, 09:30 PM
welcome aboard this ship botman!

botster
09-26-2009, 09:30 PM
This one here appeares to be the first decent one from the list to bet some.The track is pretty messy again tonight.

2 RUSTLIN GOODTIME is an overlay @ 12-1, I will bet w/p @ 8-1 or better.

Got shuffled after leaving...not terrible from a bad spot....No Good.

botster
09-26-2009, 09:31 PM
welcome aboard this ship botman!

Hey Lambo, how are they treating you of late? Glad to be here.

lamboguy
09-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey Lambo, how are they treating you of late? Glad to be here.been through the battlegrounds today in the thoroughbred world. i hope you are doing well today.

i had a $14.00 winner last race @monmouth today, but nothing else to speak of.

botster
09-26-2009, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=botster]
7th 1 PANDA BEAR Davis gets a rare catchdrive here.This horse impressed me large in last batteling gamely and coming back, when it looked like he was going to finish last!

This one was the one that caught my eye in last.Those type of miles are auto playbacks for me.These class of horses are tough to make money with,but I need to make an exception here, and go ahead and bet.,Odds are GIANT all around don't need to invest much at these numbers.HAHAHAHA!

w/p 1

exacta box 1/3-6-7-8 boxing

botster
09-26-2009, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=botster]

This one was the one that caught my eye in last.Those type of miles are auto playbacks for me.These class of horses are tough to make money with,but I need to make an exception here, and go ahead and bet.,Odds are GIANT all around don't need to invest much at these numbers.HAHAHAHA!

w/p 1

exacta box 1/3-6-7-8 boxing

No Good.

botster
09-26-2009, 10:06 PM
been through the battlegrounds today in the thoroughbred world. i hope you are doing well today.

i had a $14.00 winner last race @monmouth today, but nothing else to speak of.

Lambo... how many tracks do you play at the t-breds?

lamboguy
09-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Lambo... how many tracks do you play at the t-breds?i hate to admit this, its easier to tell you the ones that i don't play regularly. i don't play synthetic surface, i hardly play NYRA any more, and very rarely play tracknet tracks. i follow mot of the eat coast tracks even if i don't play them because horses wind up in different places and i like to know the strengths of the races the horses come out of. i amnot a number man either. i am also in the horse business and there are over 500 2yo's that come from my partner's farm in ocala every year that get spread out throughout the country and i keep track of them all. 90% of my plays are on maiden races.

botster
09-26-2009, 10:23 PM
i hate to admit this, its easier to tell you the ones that i don't play regularly. i don't play synthetic surface, i hardly play NYRA any more, and very rarely play tracknet tracks. i follow mot of the eat coast tracks even if i don't play them because horses wind up in different places and i like to know the strengths of the races the horses come out of. i amnot a number man either. i am also in the horse business and there are over 500 2yo's that come from my partner's farm in ocala every year that get spread out throughout the country and i keep track of them all. 90% of my plays are on maiden races.

My dad dabbles with the t-breds and also plays only maiden races as well.He also has told me that there are a few public "cappers", in whom also strictly advise to only play these type.

Have you ever been able to turn a positive ROI, not being a "numbers guy" with the t-breds?I know your pretty down on the game from your previous posts, so how long have you been looking to switch over?.Have you ever tried seriouusly at the harness game?

That is much to follow...Do many in the business feel the way you do?

botster
09-26-2009, 10:27 PM
A small exacta box here 1-2-7.

Sea Biscuit
09-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Good evening gentlemen

Race 9

#5 is all alone here in the stretch

to win only

Exacta 5 with 1,2,3,4,9.

SB

lamboguy
09-26-2009, 10:33 PM
i lose without the rebate. i was losing alot of money this year without the rebate until the last 2 weeks. in the last 10 years i have shown a positive return after rebate of 1.22%. that was good because i could bet good amounts of money. today there is much less in the mutual pools so i have had to cut back my bets.

i thought i was going to have a great year because i had a horse that won the very firts 2yo race of the year in california. after i got done betting her the mutual only returned $4.00. i knew i was in big trouble right there. i was looking for a 10.00 ticket on that horse. i still have a horse that worked with her that hasn't started yet and this horse beat her in all her works.

Sea Biscuit
09-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Speed Demon This guy loves off tracks. He won on Aug 22 on a good track.

The soft going good for the old legs i guess

SB

botster
09-26-2009, 10:40 PM
A small exacta box here 1-2-7.

Pretty inconcievable that the #1 could be off the board here.Proof positive you can't play favorites...No good.Downpours continue and a track that is in awful shape, another reason to either cut down bets, or not play at all.

lamboguy
09-26-2009, 10:44 PM
i was in the harness game about 4 years ago, i still have a mare that i kept and have bred her to sire in MAINE called MOVING FORWARD. i bred her 3 times to that sire. my first foal is going to run next summer in the sire stake series, when i started in maine it looke like they were going to expand the slot machines, but they fell short of the votes. the purses are roughly $10k for the 8 races and the finals are $80k. hopefully i will be able to compete. i am giving my horse to a trainer by the name of GORDON COURY. he is an older guy but runs a good program from what i am told.

i want to get back in the claiming end of harness. i have a friend that is friendly with JOSHUA MARKS and tells me he is real good. if i don't get killed to bad this year with thouroughbreds i will try to make a move in the spring.

Sea Biscuit
09-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Race 10

With Bolero on the front you can always expect a fast half. Bet a closer here.

#1 Activator W/P

SB

botster
09-26-2009, 10:47 PM
i lose without the rebate. i was losing alot of money this year without the rebate until the last 2 weeks. in the last 10 years i have shown a positive return after rebate of 1.22%. that was good because i could bet good amounts of money. today there is much less in the mutual pools so i have had to cut back my bets.

i thought i was going to have a great year because i had a horse that won the very firts 2yo race of the year in california. after i got done betting her the mutual only returned $4.00. i knew i was in big trouble right there. i was looking for a 10.00 ticket on that horse. i still have a horse that worked with her that hasn't started yet and this horse beat her in all her works.

Have you thought about a game plan for harness?... Interesting, your going to need some time I think to get a good idea of what is going on.You are not a "numbers guy", so that means your going to have to be following at least a few circuits in depth for a few years IMO.

botster
09-26-2009, 10:51 PM
i was in the harness game about 4 years ago, i still have a mare that i kept and have bred her to sire in MAINE called MOVING FORWARD. i bred her 3 times to that sire. my first foal is going to run next summer in the sire stake series, when i started in maine it looke like they were going to expand the slot machines, but they fell short of the votes. the purses are roughly $10k for the 8 races and the finals are $80k. hopefully i will be able to compete. i am giving my horse to a trainer by the name of GORDON COURY. he is an older guy but runs a good program from what i am told.

i want to get back in the claiming end of harness. i have a friend that is friendly with JOSHUA MARKS and tells me he is real good. if i don't get killed to bad this year with thouroughbreds i will try to make a move in the spring.

Josh is a decent driver from what I have seen.You can make some decent money in those Maine sire stakes, sometimes extremely small fields with decent purses.Good luck with all your horse ventures Lambo. I hope you do well!

botster
09-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Race 10

With Bolero on the front you can always expect a fast half. Bet a closer here.

#1 Activator W/P

SB

DO WORK SB;) .

lamboguy
09-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Have you thought about a game plan for harness?... Interesting, your going to need some time I think to get a good idea of what is going on.You are not a "numbers guy", so that means your going to have to be following at least a few circuits in depth for a few years IMO.numbers certainly come into play when you try to claim horses. you have to make sure that the horses fit the classes that they run in.

i am learning alot from you and the others on this board, like melman, ray and lottakash and sb. what i have learned is how little i know about the sport.

what i have learned is that the harness operations are running more of an orderly sport than the thoroghbred people. i know the handles are low right now, but i honestly think that they will benefit from the demise of the thoroughbred game.

canadien harness is unreal. chester is real good along with the meadowlands. there seem to be alot of gentlemen in the sport as well.

botster
09-26-2009, 11:09 PM
1 MY FELLA has some class over this crew...I like 9-2, if he stays here, I will bet him to win.

lamboguy
09-26-2009, 11:11 PM
1 MY FELLA has some class over this crew...I like 9-2, if he stays here, I will bet him to win.good night and good luck!

botster
1 MY FELLA has some class over this crew...I like 9-2, if he stays here, I will bet him to win.

A 4-1 to favorite nearing post...I am stepping iy up on this hrse at 4-1 or better...doing work!

Sea Biscuit
Race 11

#5 w/p

Ex Box 356

SB

botster
09-26-2009, 11:14 PM
good night and good luck!

GN LAMBO...:ThmbUp:

Sea Biscuit
09-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Its a day for the closers

8 of 11 races have gone to the closers.

SB

botster
09-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Race 11

#5 w/p

Ex Box 356

SB

I remember when CASTLEBERRY WILDCAT couldn't win a one horse race...HAHAHA

botster
09-26-2009, 11:18 PM

SB

Yes... I am thinking, they haven't had to scrape the track yet SB.

Sea Biscuit
09-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Race 12

#2 w/p

Ex box 2/346

Tri Key

2 with 346

Good Luck to all specially me

SB

LottaKash
09-26-2009, 11:26 PM

SB

That is why I am playing # 4 - Astreos Flash in this 12th event....

best,

botster
09-26-2009, 11:28 PM
This off track and the closing bias I have to believe helps my pick here 6 UP FRONT BRAD.3 PHIL LUCKY has a huge kick home and looms dangerous here.

Toucan sam wasn't all that good shipping back here in last so I am not convinced on the #4.Big trip by him nonrtheless in last.

I am boxing 3-6 good here.

saving a little with 3-6/4.

triple 3-6/2-3-4-6/all

I want to bet #6, but only at 5-1...:confused:

botster
09-26-2009, 11:30 PM
This off track and the closing bias I have to believe helps my pick here 6 UP FRONT BRAD.3 PHIL LUCKY has a huge kick home and looms dangerous here.

Toucan sam wasn't all that good shipping back here in last so I am not convinced on the #4.Big trip by him nonrtheless in last.

I am boxing 3-6 good here.

saving a little with 3-6/4.

triple 3-6/2-3-4-6/all

I want to bet #6, but only at 5-1...:confused:

The #3 @ 5-1...either???

botster
09-26-2009, 11:35 PM
The #3 @ 5-1...either???

Both go off 4-1...no win bets.Favorite trips out and gets there.#6 was sore tonight throughout.

LottaKash
09-26-2009, 11:47 PM
That is why I am playing # 4 - Astreos Flash in this 12th event....

best,

Goes from 7/2 (thuout wagering) and in 1-flash to 5/2, next flash 9/5 to 7/5...I guess that is why he has "flash" in his name...:D

won tho,....$4.80...:jump:

...best,...