PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Saturday

cees with dees
09-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Race 1- :4: Blitzensfoxyvixsin drops below the level of the Galluscio claim in search of proper level. I don't mind the drop so much because if she wins and gets claimed, the barn still makes $9000. Mare has good tactical speed and is in a now or never situation today.
Race 2- :9: Joe D makes second start after even debut and looking for normal improvement and maybe moreso with a firm turf. Toughest race on the card.
Race 3- :5: Future Prospect needs no introduction at a very short price.
Race 4- :6: Recruit showed nothing in sloppy well bet debut. Switches to grass today and should improve dramatically in yet another wide open event.
:7: Wild Entry adds blinkers today and that just may be all he needs to break his maiden. Note, only poor race was on yielding turf.
:9: Count Catamount showed good speed in both dirt starts and is well bred for the turf.
:10: Strong Commitment also tries turf for the first time and regardless of today's outcome, this one has a bunch of yet untapped talent.
Race 5 LUNCH BREAK!!!
Race 7 I'm using 4 horses in here starting with :12: Pure Pulpit. Mott trainee gets a huge drop in class after showing ability on firm turf. Will have to come from way out of it and wide but classy enough to get it done.
:5: Rapid Mon's only turf try was okay and this one has good speed with the ability to rate.
:7: Castle Harbour ran well in only turf start and I just can't think of any reason why it took so long for Leah to put this one back on grass.
:9: Golden Guska was freshened by hot barn and should get a decent trip despite the wide draw.
Race 8- :6: Missinglisalewis runs her race every time and meets a soft field while trying to break through this condition. Need only worry about :10: Minnie Punt who had a brutal trip in last and will be ultra dangerous if able to get to the hedge.
Race 9- :2: Indian Blessing is a scary animal. Has brilliant speed but able to rate if necessary. Short price is eminent but a winner is a winner.
Race 10- :10: Hold The Cruiser was the victim of a hideous trip last start and 5 yards past the wire, he was in front by 5. Clear sailing today?? Easily the most talented of this bunch.
Good luck to all.
Ben

Marshall Bennett
09-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Early Pick 4 : 1,2,6,8,9 / 5 / 7,10 / 1,3,4,5,9 @$50
Late Pick 4 : 1,8,9,12 / 1,2,3,6 / 2,3,6 / 4 @$48

Bignick63
09-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Race 1: My top selections are:

I'llthinkofsumthin - Dressmaker - French Song

I am going to press Dressmaker in Doubles with in

Race 2 Solutionfinders and Joe D.

Nick
www.nickborg.com

cees with dees
09-26-2009, 01:54 PM
But betting a cold exacta here.
I expect Future Prospect to sit second to R Clear Victory who, in my opinion is completely raced out.
That said, I think Future Prospect will win as he pleases.
For the exacta, Joe Corrigan should get a great ground saving trip and should be positioned in front of the others.
5/1 is paying $27. Will be happy with $15.
Ben

Bignick63
09-26-2009, 01:59 PM
My Selections:

R Clear Victory - Future Prospect - Dr. DFC

Future Prospect is the main speed, turned in 6 consecutive big efforts and figures to be odds-on. He got beat 2 back by a speedy R Clear Victory. Victory looked to bounce last time out and today I look for a rebound.

Nick
www.nickborg.com