PDA

View Full Version : Cryptoclearance...RIP

joanied
09-25-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/52695/prominent-sire-cryptoclearance-dies-at-age-25?utm_source=BreakingNews&utm_medium=email

Another grand old horse has passed. Seems we're having quite a week with equine deaths being reported... he was a hell of a race horse, and gave us plenty of stamina in his offspring...that legacy will live on.

Good Bye ol' hoss:(
RIP

illinoisbred
09-25-2009, 12:05 PM
That is sad.I remember him winning the Hawthorne Gold Cup 2 consectutive years.It seems just a few blinks of the eye ago when Phil Georgeoff [ track announcer] yelled out ..."and lightening strikes twice". He was a good horse, with a good owner, and a real nice-guy trainer.

FenceBored
09-25-2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/52695/prominent-sire-cryptoclearance-dies-at-age-25?utm_source=BreakingNews&utm_medium=email

Another grand old horse has passed. Seems we're having quite a week with equine deaths being reported... he was a hell of a race horse, and gave us plenty of stamina in his offspring...that legacy will live on.

Good Bye ol' hoss:(
RIP

Rest In Peace Cryptoclearance.

Java Gold@TFT
09-25-2009, 12:11 PM
One of the reasons I have the name I use here is the great respect I have for the Travers field of 1987 - Java Gold, Alysheba, Bet Twice, Poish Navy, Gulch and Cryptoclearance. Cryptoclearance deserved to be mentioned with those horses.

RIP Crypto

ghostyapper
09-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Some poster here claimed that easy goer was beating up on the weakest group of older males in 20 years but crypoclearance was in that group and he was a dam good horse

sandpit
09-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Sad news. One of my favorite horses of all time. I visited him at the Vinery many years ago when he was at stud there. He was as kind as could be. But he was tough on the track; when he retired he was in the top 10 money earners of all time.

Crypto is the answer to a tough trivia question. Who is the only horse in Triple Crown history to earn a check and improve his finish position in each of the races yet not win any of them? Derby: 4th; Preakness: 3rd; Belmont: 2nd.

46zilzal
09-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Never found enough LONG LONG races to compete in. Unless he had a rabbit to soften the front end, he was not as effective as he was without them.

FLA Derby was about his best and Pincay's ride in the Belmont cost Alysheba dearly. GREAT defensive riding by one of the best ever.

joanied
09-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Never found enough LONG LONG races to compete in. Unless he had a rabbit to soften the front end, he was not as effective as he was without them.

FLA Derby was about his best and Pincay's ride in the Belmont cost Alysheba dearly. GREAT defensive riding by one of the best ever.

:bang: Zil...there ya go again :faint: ...you found a way to knock this grand horse...after passing on, all things deserve fond thoughts...

46zilzal
09-25-2009, 03:37 PM
:bang: Zil...there ya go again :faint: ...you found a way to knock this grand horse...after passing on, all things deserve fond thoughts...
Just like the other one, THE REALITY of this horse was that he ran too late for most middle distance routes without a rabbit. Much akin to Strike the Gold, Aldebaran and many others: Cefis, Concern etc. etc. even Mine that Bird.

Disguise reality all you want but that is this ones legacy. Read all about it by reviewing his past performances

joanied
09-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Just like the other one, THE REALITY of this horse was that he ran too late for most middle distance routes without a rabbit. Much akin to Strike the Gold, Aldebaran and many others: Cefis, Concern etc. etc. even Mine that Bird.

Disguise reality all you want but that is this ones legacy. Read all about it by reviewing his past performances

So freakingwhat:bang: ...at this point, do we care about your reality, Zil...I think not...again:faint: ...a grand horse has passed and we simply are paying our respects...this is not meant to be a 'history lesson' thread...it's to honor his memory.
Give it a rest....and let Crypto rest in peace.

46zilzal
09-25-2009, 03:54 PM
He was a horse. He wouldn't mind

ANTHROPOMORPHIZING about it is nuts. This Phil Tenowitz horse was limited by his running style.

Watched him catch the field at Hollywood, right about the clubhouse turn THE SECOND TIME around and after the race was over in 1987 Breeder's Cup Classic.

As many of his chart entries say "Found his best stride TOO LATE."

cmoore
09-25-2009, 06:13 PM

Have you worked at being an ass or does it come natural?

joanied
09-25-2009, 06:19 PM
He was a horse. He wouldn't mind

ANTHROPOMORPHIZING about it is nuts. This Phil Tenowitz horse was limited by his running style.

Watched him catch the field at Hollywood, right about the clubhouse turn THE SECOND TIME around and after the race was over in 1987 Breeder's Cup Classic.

As many of his chart entries say "Found his best stride TOO LATE."

Well, I mind, and seems most of us here do also...I also see you have looked up his breeder (or whomever)...wow...we needed that information:rolleyes: ...do you have a heart:confused: ...can you feel a little compassion:confused:

joanied
09-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Have you worked at being an ass or does it come natural?

cmoore...thank you:ThmbUp: