PDA

View Full Version : MOHAWK LIVE FRIDAY 9/25/09

botster
09-25-2009, 11:19 AM
3rd

6 THINK GOLD those miscues last week IMO were due to an equiptment or a shoeing problem and not a soundness issue.Something threw him off his gait there and those breaks will take the GP off of him some here.

6th

5 SILK PUDDLES I posted a few weeks back on how this barn should pick up with Davis now forced to use catchdrivers.Catchdrivers do respond well when a new "live guy" with horses, pass the reins over to them...5-2 M/L :ThmbDown:.

This handicapper on HPI will everyonce in awhile "throw the public a bone" with valuable information.He wrote that Ron Waples is partial to taking Fred Hoffmans horses, because this trainer helped him early on in his career.Looking at the form this must be an accurate observation, because how could he not take SILK PUDDLES over the one he opted for?I know very little about the inside happenings in Canada.These kind of "in the know" writings help a great deal.

6 WESTWAY I am not too sure about tonight,but I do expect this one to win at a good mutual somewhere in the near future.This horse has a touch of class to him when he is sound and can "put these down" when Mo goes to the windows.The Fellows barn has been "ICE COLD" now for some time,he may have to wait to "drop and pop' with this one...watching most likely tonight.

7th

8 FRENCHFRIESANDVINIGAR this horse appeared to be in distress down the back in last,but found some more trot soon after.That last race had him out 26 days off a "vet scratch sick".The driver here probably advised some changes and he has some class over this week crew.Looks solid from where I am standing...I mean sitting:p...odds?

9th

3 RIVER ROAD TINA pressed the issue in last, setting it up for the closers.That was great try, but switches back to "Mayonaise" Mayotte tonight while losing "Sly" Filion.

5 LOGAN AAS could win by the length of the stretch here tonight.I believe the morning line guy "missed the boat" here on this one, in putting him at 5-1 early.That last line in defeating NEW DICE PLEASE out of town stands out like a sore thumb!!!!

11th

2 NEWTON ANGUS appeared to have fallen into the "gutted horse syndrome" for a lengthy period of time, no doubt.His charted lines here in tens were awful, I did however pick up on a few that defeated him in last out of town.HIDE AND SEEK and TROUBALL,they are two horses that could ship in here and win in this class.He was a decent fifth in there, only beaten two in 56.1, while closing three in the stretch.He has the backclass and that is a big factor in these kind of cheap claimers.

Hope to be around for some live posting,and as always, Good Fortune:).

Sea Biscuit
09-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Some picks for today Sept 25 Mohawk

Race 2 #6 Artistry In Rhythm

Race 3 #4 Laurent

Race 6 #1 March Mattness with #1 Silk Puddles with #6 Westway

Race 7 #2 Fancy Shot

Race 9 #3 River Road Tina

Race 11 #8 Blissfull Breeze

Good luck to all

LottaKash
09-25-2009, 06:05 PM
In the 4th race ...an interesting horse, #4 - JETTA BARAN, 7/1m.l....After being laid off for over a month, got a boost in class, and @60/1 almost wins it, fin 2, after making a monster move at the top of the lane @Georgian Downs last week....Picks up Zeron and drops a notch (actually a bigger notch than one may think)....Has the pace numbers to back it up....:ThmbUp:

In that same race....#7 ST LADS GOGAL, just needs a luckier trip, I will use underneath or key w/ pick (will have to see) made a monster move last week and her legs tied up big time, deep into the lane... She picks up MACDONELL tonite....

In that same race....#8 WINDSUN RAIN, trainer Bill Davis has a horse that is coming out of the same race @Georgian Downs last week, as the "Pick"...Making only her 2 start since 8/6, and picks up Jody....I wonder about that one....Concerning this horse and the pick, it has been my observation, when two horses are coming out of the same race (which may turn out to be a "key-race") and then ship to anothe track, something is "always" up with that angle....

RaceTrackDaddy
09-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Thought I would join the fun early instead of coming in late...only have three tracks to handle today at the site so I got some time..

Looking to the 10 this race

hope he races up to my expectations.
10/4,5,6

melman
09-25-2009, 07:49 PM
R2 think the 1 has a big time shot at good odds. 1-6-7

RaceTrackDaddy
09-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Going with the chalk
4/6,7,10
Missed last one...needed the 7 or 6 to catch the place...no #3...

botster
09-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Chalkie all around here on here...I will pass 6 THINK GOLD tonight.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-25-2009, 08:19 PM
If anyone is interested in flat racing..

I am taking a shot in the last race at Presque Isle.
Looking for the drop in class and the move from turf to the synthetic to shake up the odds board..playing
Race 8
Ex #11 with 3,4,5,6

back to capping the 4th at Moh

LottaKash
09-25-2009, 08:25 PM
In the 4th race ...an interesting horse, #4 - JETTA BARAN, 7/1m.l....After being laid off for over a month, got a boost in class, and @60/1 almost wins it, fin 2, after making a monster move at the top of the lane @Georgian Downs last week....Picks up Zeron and drops a notch (actually a bigger notch than one may think)....Has the pace numbers to back it up....:ThmbUp:

In that same race....#7 ST LADS GOGAL, just needs a luckier trip, I will use underneath or key w/ pick (will have to see) made a monster move last week and her legs tied up big time, deep into the lane... She picks up MACDONELL tonite....

In that same race....#8 WINDSUN RAIN, trainer Bill Davis has a horse that is coming out of the same race @Georgian Downs last week, as the "Pick"...Making only her 2 start since 8/6, and picks up Jody....I wonder about that one....Concerning this horse and the pick, it has been my observation, when two horses are coming out of the same race (which may turn out to be a "key-race") and then ship to anothe track, something is "always" up with that angle....

Given the strength of the "Fron-end" tonite, I am not as confident in my picks in this race...

I will bet, but just not bet as strong as originally intended.....Still, strong "pace-numbers", have this way of overcoming "adversity" and even "bias's"....we'll see...

best, Good luck...

botster
09-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Chalkie all around here ...I will pass 6 THINK GOLD tonight.

The GP were forced to bet him down.There wasn't much for them to bet in here.

Last weeks breaks were due to most likely a loose or thrown shoe.No breaks tonight...easiest kind of winner @ 3-1....5-2 @ close of betting.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Did not fire

been online betting since the 2nd race at Laurel...time to get to work
till next time..

permenbg
09-25-2009, 08:44 PM
very good ..

permenbg

LottaKash
09-25-2009, 09:00 PM

JETTA BARAN......1ST...$7.40...4.50...3.40...
ST LADS GOGAL...2D.............14.70...7.50
-------
WINDSUN RAIN....4TH.........(she was 1st over and tired a bit late)

EXACTA = $133.10 (I was rooting for the 7 to win it, ex wve cb @$315)

best,

Augie16
09-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Good job!

botster
09-25-2009, 09:10 PM
A small box here on 5-4...3-1 or better to win on #5.

botster
09-25-2009, 09:16 PM
A small box here on 5-4...3-1 or better to win on #5.

9-5 on the #5, raced like he wasn't even preraced tonight with the claim in.

No win bet...exacta No Good.

botster
09-25-2009, 09:28 PM
1-7-9/8 has to be the bet here in a box.

I am hoping the eight is healthier tonight off that rest.At these odds I will play w/p a bit @ 6-1 or better.

botster
09-25-2009, 09:36 PM
1-7-9/8 has to be the bet here in a box.

I am hoping the eight is healthier tonight off that rest.At these odds I will play w/p a bit @ 6-1 or better.

No real kick late...No Good.

Billy "O" gets one:D.

botster
09-25-2009, 09:53 PM
small w/p 9 here

botster
09-25-2009, 09:58 PM
small w/p 9 here

Paul Mac is in an absolute brutal run:ThmbDown: .

botster
09-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Everyone likes the #6 here.

I will go 5/3-4-6 boxing good here.

5 win good @ 5-1...Do work...lol.

botster
09-25-2009, 10:13 PM
#2 taking much action $5 exacta box 2-5 as well.

botster
09-25-2009, 10:23 PM
#2 taking much action $5 exacta box 2-5 as well.

A nice overlay here on this trotter.The runnerup here won the Hambo Oaks a few years back,and was "blasted" at the windows tonight!

5 $12.30

5-2 $61.10

botster
09-25-2009, 10:34 PM
very small doubles here...2-7-8-9/2

botster
09-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Here we go...

BRYANT had no chance as did anyone else with that mile from the eight last week.No move up on the eight in which means NO LOCKS here.

My pick here is taking a smidge of action:ThmbUp: .

5-8/2 in a box.

How about a tri box here 2-5-8.

w/p on 2 @ 12-1.

botster
09-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Here we go...

BRYANT had no chance as did anyone else with that mile from the eight last week.No move up on the eight in which means NO LOCKS here.

My pick here is taking a smidge of action:ThmbUp: .

5-8/2 in a box.

How about a tri box here 2-5-8.

w/p on 2 @ 12-1.

IMPERIO with a great trip takes it.How many last races of the night has Randy Waples won this meet?...Goodnight All:cool: .