PDA

View Full Version : Belmont posts wrong superfecta! (Thursday 9-24)

andymays
09-24-2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/107543.html

Excerpt:

ELMONT, N.Y. - Placing judges at Belmont Park posted an incorrect number on the tote board for the fourth-place finisher in Thursday's ninth race, and the stewards made the outcome official, resulting in an incorrect payoff for the superfecta wager.

Placing judges confused the correct fourth-place finisher, Everybodywantsone - the 13 horse - with the 10 horse, Donquityourdayjob, who actually finished ninth. Thus, the order of finish was posted incorrectly as 8-14-5-10, which resulted in a superfecta payout of $1,073 for a $2 wager. Tickets with that combination were paid for approximately 2 minutes 49 seconds, until the error was caught and cashing on all pools was suspended, according to New York Racing Association officials. However, tickets on the 8-14-5-10 combination made via phone-bet accounts - advance-deposit wagers - were immediately credited.

InsideThePylons-MW
09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Amazing it took this long for it to hit the forums.

Sounds like they had Chris Kotulak or Nick Hines as placing judges today.

Actually maybe just for the last race as they are wrong 50% of the time so there would have been mistakes earlier in the card.

Quagmire
09-24-2009, 08:22 PM
It affected all payouts. I hit the late double on twin spires, when the race was declared official my account was credited. A few minutes later the cash was gone, then it was back in again about 20 minutes after that. Weird.

Rico8812
09-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Maybe all the fluff piece articles about them in Saratoga went to their heads.

Wake up Sunny and Co. :sleeping:

illinoisbred
09-24-2009, 08:33 PM
This happened at Sportsmans Park in the late 80's. Back then, there was no superfecta so the misplacing involved a horse in the money. I was at Arlington intertrack[tent] and people were taking the Hefty bags out of the cans and taking them home.

sandpit
09-24-2009, 11:03 PM
This happened at Sportsmans Park in the late 80's. Back then, there was no superfecta so the misplacing involved a horse in the money. I was at Arlington intertrack[tent] and people were taking the Hefty bags out of the cans and taking them home.

That's a funny story. Also happened at Birmingham about 20 years ago; they suspended the placing judges for a year and fined them as well. Later, one of them actually bought a television and tried to raffle it off to help pay his fine.

andymays
09-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Are they gonna ask the people who signed up with the wrong combo to bring the money back?

Can they ask for it back?

slew101
09-25-2009, 01:20 AM
If you cashed it at the track, without an IRS form, it's your money to keep. They won't ask people to give the money back.

Now if you cashed it and had to sign the IRS form, I'm not sure. I'd guess they wouldn't attempt to get the money back in that case either, but they could since they have the info to do it if they wanted. I think they just take the loss.

Anyone who scored on the wrong ticket in an online site, I'd guess the individual site will correct the error and take the money away.

Are they gonna ask the people who signed up with the wrong combo to bring the money back?

Can they ask for it back?

RXB
09-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Watch the replay and listen to Durkin-- who called the race correctly-- afterwards when he's announcing the official placings, and he comes to:

"Number 10, Dontquityourdayjob, was..... foo-orth."

:D

slew101
09-25-2009, 01:56 AM
That was funny. Maybe Durkin is the one who notified them to recheck.

Watch the replay and listen to Durkin-- who called the race correctly-- afterwards when he's announcing the official placings, and he comes to:

"Number 10, Dontquityourdayjob, was..... foo-orth."

:D

Horseplayersbet.com
09-25-2009, 10:36 AM
It will be interesting how ADW's handle it. They credited the wrong numbers immediately. If I were a customer who got paid this way, I would understand it if the amount credited wrongly was debited back, but I can't speak for everyone.
It is certain that those with the ticket that matched the real top four finishers would get credited.

JBmadera
09-25-2009, 10:49 AM
It appears that the wrong #'s are still showing up on TVG under past results. Glad you guys posted this as I have the right combo but my account has not been credited. oh joy, get to call TVG this morning and try to get my $$$.

jb

SansuiSC
09-25-2009, 12:53 PM
http://www.nyra.com/belmont/stories/Sept252009.shtml

rjorio
09-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Curious to see how many winning tickets were tossed. I guess we will never know.I also wonder how much this error cost NYRA dollar wise. Someone somewhere is checking yesterday's Belmont trash , searching for those tossed tickets.

InsideThePylons-MW
09-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Curious to see how many winning tickets were tossed. I guess we will never know.I also wonder how much this error cost NYRA dollar wise. Someone somewhere is checking yesterday's Belmont trash , searching for those tossed tickets.

The simulcast patrons across the nation are the ones who get screwed the worst by this.

Results shown.....race posted official.....tickets tossed.....simulcast feed changed to another track.....no one at the simulcast has any idea about the change.......nobody at these places really care about the bettor so chances are slim to none there is an announcement alerting bettors from management.

rjorio
09-25-2009, 04:35 PM
The pool for the superfecta was $111,978 if anyone was curious.

Imriledup
09-25-2009, 11:53 PM
The simulcast patrons across the nation are the ones who get screwed the worst by this.

Results shown.....race posted official.....tickets tossed.....simulcast feed changed to another track.....no one at the simulcast has any idea about the change.......nobody at these places really care about the bettor so chances are slim to none there is an announcement alerting bettors from management.

I don't normally bet NYRA, but i was watching a race of theirs today and there was a late scratch. They just kept the horses in the gate and off they went. That seemed odd to me, most tracks just unload the horses and give people a chance to rebet.

But, then it dawned on me....just run the race and hope no one notices the horse got scratched and then hope they toss away their refunds. Win win for the state, free money.

the little guy
09-26-2009, 12:09 AM
But, then it dawned on me....just run the race and hope no one notices the horse got scratched and then hope they toss away their refunds. Win win for the state, free money.

Is this can you top this?

RXB
09-26-2009, 12:30 AM
:lol:

fmhealth
09-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Well, I guess after 50 years in the game, I've once again encountered a situation I didn't think was possible.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/107550.html

wisconsin
09-28-2009, 07:54 PM
I just want to understand. Players at an OTB or track who had the incorrect (at the time) tickets may have tossed them, and people who had the posted tickets which were later deemed invalid, may have tossed those. If you played an "all" in the 4th position at the track or OTB, you collected once. However, anyone with an AWD will collect twice if they played "all" in the 4th position. This is incredible.

PaceAdvantage
09-28-2009, 09:43 PM
threads merged

InTheRiver68
09-29-2009, 09:44 AM
If you played an "all" in the 4th position at the track or OTB, you collected once. However, anyone with an AWD will collect twice if they played "all" in the 4th position. This is incredible.

That seems to be correct. If you bet at a track or OTB, you surrendered your ticket when you got paid on the incorrect order of finish. If you played a $1 ticket (which probably accounts for 90% of the winners) there is no record of your transaction. But remember, that's only going to adversely affect people who got to the window within three minutes of the race initially going official. If you delayed, you'll get paid both prices when you cash.

- InTheRiver68