PDA

View Full Version : We Need More Troops!

Pell Mell
09-24-2009, 07:49 PM
The generals in Afgan. are calling for 40,000 more troops. Why don't they call for 40,000 kind hearted, peace loving Libs to go over there and show those people the way to peace and prosperity.

After all, isn't Obummer going to show the world how peace loving we are by getting rid of nukes while the nukes in Pakistan will probably end up in the hands of the Taliban. WTF is wrong with these people?
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_rules_murdering_our_troops_u935ECKNWXpLK8C5D96 pdN

Tom
09-25-2009, 07:42 AM
This is Obama's hand-picked general telling him this. He has had the report since 8/30/09 and he has not acted on it ( has he even read it?).
But he has gone on vacation, played golf (two of the very things the left whined about Bush doing - remember?), gone on Letterman, made baseball predictions......told us that everything else he is involved with in urgent and must be done in 48 hours, even though it will not go into effect for 4 years.
But when it comes to our troops, no sense of urgency, no importance. No action.

But, he did say that he was not really looking for victory in Afghanistan.

What a turd.

Black Ruby
09-25-2009, 10:31 AM
well, just grab your guns, pack a lunch, and head on to Afghanistan then.

prospector
09-25-2009, 10:43 AM
draft libs...

Tom
09-25-2009, 11:05 AM

Oh, excuse me. How stupid of me to expect our Commander N Chief to actually do his job, to put our troops in a war zone above golf and Letterman, to listen to his own general. What a putz I am. And to think, I even expected him to have victory on his to do list.

This is why we need to bring ALL troops home from EVERYWHERE now.
We cannot leave them out there with a terrorist-enabler at the helm. A muslim suck-up miserable excuse of a man who lies through his teeth.

Our guns are needs here at home, in DC.

lsbets
09-25-2009, 11:08 AM

Of all the possible responses, that is the lamest one you could have offered. Way to go!

Black Ruby
09-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Of all the possible responses, that is the lamest one you could have offered. Way to go!

Let the people who want us to keep troops in Afghanistan and increase the troops in Afghanistan be the first to go. Lead by example. You wanna put people in harm's way, first go there yourself.

lsbets
09-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Let the people who want us to keep troops in Afghanistan and increase the troops in Afghanistan be the first to go. Lead by example. You wanna put people in harm's way, first go there yourself.

Been there done that. Three times, three different countries.

Now, are you capable of serious discussion or are you going to continue to act like a child?

I don't envy Obama here, and while I disagree with his entire domestic agenda, he has my full support as CINC - this shit is too important for politics. I think he believes we should send more, but he is feeling a lot of pressure not to from the left. Ultimately I think he will, after making it appear that he carefully thought of every other alternative. I just don't see him going against the general's recommendations.

46zilzal
09-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Agreed .... the Rah! Rah! war group can wave the flag all the want and it will do no good. Waste time money and bodies for NOTHING

lsbets
09-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Agreed .... the Rah! Rah! war group can wave the flag all the want and it will do no good. Waste time money and bodies for NOTHING

I am sorry zilly, but by your standards you are not qualified to post in any thread relating to war or the military. Get back in the kiddie pool where you belong.

46zilzal
09-25-2009, 03:22 PM
I am sorry zilly, but by your standards you are not qualified to post in any thread relating to war or the military. Get back in the kiddie pool where you belong.
Having worked in several veterans hospitals in two countries I have seen the ravaged bodies and worse yet the ravaged MINDS of the poor slobs that are used as cannon fodder for war lovers.

GOOD Description I recently read about them: I sometimes remember these almost endearing fools when I find myself faced with another kind of war lover – the kind that has not seen war and has often done everything possible not to see it. The passion of these war lovers is a phenomenon; it never dims, regardless of the distance from the object of their desire. Pick up the Sunday papers and there they are, egocentrics of little harsh experience, other than a Saturday in Sainsbury's. Turn on the television and there they are again, night after night, intoning not so much their love of war as their sales pitch for it on behalf of the court to which they are assigned. "There's no doubt," said Matt Frei, the BBC's man in America, "that the desire to bring good, to bring American values to the rest of the world, and especially now to the Middle East … is now increasingly tied up with military power."

lsbets
09-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Having worked in several veterans hospitals in two countries I have seen the ravaged bodies and worse yet the ravaged MINDS of the poor slobs that are used as cannon fodder for war lovers.

And that would qualify you to understand military strategy how?

Greyfox
09-25-2009, 03:32 PM
I think he believes we should send more, .

What has President Obama ever said to lead you to believe that

"he believes we should send more."

Undoubtedly Obama is a nice man with good intentions.
Unfortunately, as President Sarkozy of France said earlier this week after Obama had spoken:

"We live in a real world, not a virtual world."

I believe that he was implying that Obama is a naive dreamer who doesn't believe the reality that is in front of him.
I have yet to hear Obama say anything to the effect that he believes that more troops should be sent to Afghanistan. I have heard him say that he is looking at "other alternatives."

Tom
09-25-2009, 03:56 PM
And that would qualify you to understand military strategy how?

He stayed in a Holiday Inn last night! :lol:

Tom
09-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Undoubtedly Obama is a nice man with good intentions.
:confused:.....Oh, I get it! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Greyfox
09-25-2009, 04:03 PM
:confused:.....Oh, I get it! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A diot if you don't get it. :lol: :lol:

(Yes. I also know nice man is an oxymoron.)

Pell Mell
09-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Look, there's nobody that hates war more than somebody that's been there and watched friends die. The real waste is when lives are given and then the decision is made that; Oh, we shouldn't have done that in the first place. Let's pull out and F**k all those that have died already. That's what vets hate! They don't love war, but they hate to hear the nonsense people talk who wouldn't have a chance to talk if it wasn't for men giving their lives.

I was totally against the war with Iraq because I saw it as part of the grand scheme the neocons had for the middle east. I was against going into Afghanistan because if the Russkies couldn't beat them, and the Soviets didn't have to answer to a bunch of pansies at home, what chance did we have.

Having said that, my question is, what do we do now that were' there and in so deep?

Pat poses the questions much better than I can. Let's hear some real answers from those who think they have all the solutions.

http://townhall.com/columnists/PatBuchanan/2009/09/25/to_lose_a_war

Tom
09-25-2009, 06:10 PM
We have to get out. Today. Now. Not Monday. Now.
When you CNC says he is not looking for victory, stop the nonsense. People are dying there - our people - while this POS plays politics.

To Obama supporters -
The security of this country was decided on election day 2008. You decided you did not want it. What happens here happens. No one wanted to fight them there, no one wanted to use harmless water boarding, no one wanted to tap legitimate phone calls......now live with it. Your mother or son or wife may well die in the streets in an attack. And it is your frigging fault. Live with it.

Quagmire
09-25-2009, 06:18 PM
We have to get out. Today. Now. Not Monday. Now.
When you CNC says he is not looking for victory, stop the nonsense. People are dying there - our people - while this POS plays politics.

To Obama supporters -
The security of this country was decided on election day 2008. You decided you did not want it. What happens here happens. No one wanted to fight them there, no one wanted to use harmless water boarding, no one wanted to tap legitimate phone calls......now live with it. Your mother or son or wife may well die in the streets in an attack. And it is your frigging fault. Live with it.

How disappointed were you when you heard about the FBI arresting those terror suspects this week?

Tom
09-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Glad to see Bush's policies are still working.
What happens in 6 months when we no longer have that wire tap to use?

Your insinuation is a small and off base as most of the other drivel you post here. The truth hurt? You wanna tell me how anything Obama has done has improved our security?

Quagmire
09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Glad to see Bush's policies are still working.
Your insinuation is a small and off base as most of the other drivel you post here. The truth hurt? You wanna tell me how anything Obama has done has improved our security?

What truth? The only way your premise that we are less secure under Obama can be proven true is if we are attacked again. What city do you want to see hit next time?

Tom
09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Proud of yourself today?
I am amazed - even I never thought your could sink this low.
And I have always been totally unimpressed with you.
The fact remains, and predictably, you are unable to address it.

Quagmire
09-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Proud of yourself today?

What fact?
You said we are less secure under Obama and the events of this week prove that to be false.

Quagmire
09-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Proud of yourself today?

Did I sink any lower than you did in your earlier post, "Your mother or son or wife may well die in the streets in an attack. And it is your frigging fault. Live with it."

I take it that you're proud of that comment.

Tom
09-25-2009, 06:51 PM
It is the truth. Pride has nothing to do with it. It is a fact.
You can't play politics with security and then complain when you get the check. The weakening of our national security by libs will be the reason we get hit again.

If you are an Obama supporter, then I am addressing you.

You, on the other hand, are insinuating I want an attack. That is not a fact, just you posting from some gutter somewhere, trying to be cute.

Quagmire
09-25-2009, 06:57 PM
It is the truth. Pride has nothing to do with it. It is a fact.
You can't play politics with security and then complain when you get the check. The weakening of our national security by libs will be the reason we get hit again.

If you are an Obama supporter, then I am addressing you.

You, on the other hand, are insinuating I want an attack. That is not a fact, just you posting from some gutter somewhere, trying to be cute.

That would be as crazy as someone holding you responsible for 9/11 because you voted for Bush.

You seem to be the only one playing politics here.

Warren Henry
09-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Been there done that. Three times, three different countries.

THANKS. As a vet from another era, I am so greateful that there are still young(er) people willing to do the necessary messy work for the good of their country.

Now, are you capable of serious discussion or are you going to continue to act like a child?
Not likely

I don't envy Obama here, and while I disagree with his entire domestic agenda, he has my full support as CINC - this shit is too important for politics. I think he believes we should send more, but he is feeling a lot of pressure not to from the left. Ultimately I think he will, after making it appear that he carefully thought of every other alternative. I just don't see him going against the general's recommendations.

Agree. He is between a rock and a hard place on this issue. If he sends more troops, the far left will go nuts. If he doesn't send the troops, things get totally out of hand and he significantly damages his own stature as well as that of the country. As CINC, he has very little wiggle room here -- he almost has to support his generals.

If this were just about politics, I would laugh my butt off at his predicament. But, as you stated above, this is too serious for that. I pray that he makes the right decision.

Warren Henry
09-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Having worked in several veterans hospitals in two countries

Has anyone else noticed that 46 always had a job or was in a location that he uses to lend authority to his statements?

To have had all these jobs and been all these places, he must be older than dirt or must be constantly on the move.

Makes me wonder if he might either

1) play a little fast and loose with the facts

or

2) have a little trouble HOLDING jobs.

Greyfox
09-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Has anyone else noticed that 46 always had a job or was in a location that he uses to lend authority to his statements?

To have had all these jobs and been all these places, he must be older than dirt or must be constantly on the move.

Makes me wonder if he might either

1) play a little fast and loose with the facts

or

2) have a little trouble HOLDING jobs.

I believe 46Zil's telling the truth as he has experienced it.
Most people fill many roles/positions during their life time.

I also believe that "Politics," left or right, should have no influence on the Commander in Chief, with respect to the war effort. He has to do what is in the best interests of the Nation and the soldiers. His decisions should not be based on popularity in any way.

What bothers me to a point though is that the Prez has a chameleon like color. Through the campaign and since, he changes with the "winds of opinion."
No tough talk was coming from him regarding Iran when he addressed the United Nations.
When he surfaced today from the G 20 meeting, he sounded like a different person. Sarkozy, Putin, Brown and others obviously held him by the "ears,"
and obviously those protuberances were in abundance.

newtothegame
09-26-2009, 01:17 AM

Ruby, that is dangerous ground in which you walk. Was it not Obama himself who made half of his campaign on Afghanistan? He said Iraq was the wrong place to be and Afghanistan was the war. Now he is backing off?
And your right, Obama should lead by example as YOU suggest.:lol:

Tom
09-26-2009, 10:38 AM
NTG.....Obama has led by example.
Did you listen to Kadahfy's UN speech?
The influence of OBama and Biden was obvious!

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2009, 07:06 PM
How disappointed were you when you heard about the FBI arresting those terror suspects this week?How come you and the rest of the left-wing contingent here aren't posting non-stop about these latest "scare tactics" and "terror-alerts" that have been raised here in New York City.

I mean, under Bush, it was all just propaganda, right boys? A way for Bush to grab more power through fear and make more money through OIL...

All of sudden though, it's all "mum's the word" when history repeats itself under the direction of the "O" man...

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2009, 07:07 PM
That would be as crazy as someone holding you responsible for 9/11 because you voted for Bush.Are you under some sort of impression that THAT never happened here in off-topic? You just joined in March 2009....

Steve 'StatMan'
09-26-2009, 07:24 PM
That would be as crazy as someone holding you responsible for 9/11 because you voted for Bush.

Are you under some sort of impression that THAT never happened here in off-topic? You just joined in March 2009....

I had to revise this post. Pretty sure I remember that. I remember posters trying to hold us personally responsible for all the deaths and injuries to all people where our military actions have been because we voted for Bush.

Wait, yes, I do remember them blaming us for 9/11 by voting for Bush, when some here were adamant that Bush was involved in the 9/11 attacks. Some of those same people also got very involved in politics and moveon.org as well.