PDA

View Full Version : Friday at Belmont

cees with dees
09-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Going to try and get things started in a big way with a nice price in the first race to kick off the 1st double and pick 3.
#:4: Disco Diva was legged up in a big way pressing a quick pace on a soft and boggy turf course at Saratoga.
Back to the dirt today and horse has yet to run a bad one on fast dirt. Barn going like gangbusters so far this meet and love getting Dominguez on a horse like this. I expect her to go directly to the front and never look back.
Using 2 horses in the second::1a: In Just We Trust and :2: Rein King.
The former had two tough trips at Saratoga and barn has been on fire since the switch back to Belmont.
Colt will have to be a little more aggressive early as to not let Rein King out of his range. Speaking of Rein King, he's shown great speed in both starts and may be able to relax on the stretchout.
In the 3rd, :5: Vaughndidit goes turf to dirt while dropping in for a tag for the first time. Dutrow off to a great start and barn excels at proper placements. Working in the morning like this is the money run for sure and should be getting first run on First Flute who has had more than her share of chances.
In the 4th, :2: Lisa's Kitten raced well in debut sprinting on turf then ran into Tapitsfly on dirt and grass. The last time on grass, Tapitsfly got an easy lead and Lisa, while still a maiden, really did well to finish where she did.
Smart Seattle is no slouch and the drop back in against maidens plus the inside draw make her virtually impossible to beat.
In the 6th, :1: John's Pic goes out for one of my favorite low profile barns. Race is crying for a closer and this one turning back off the fast paced Monmouth try, fits the bill perfectly and gets a sneaky class drop as well.
In the 7th, Blazing Dynamo makes second start in restricted claimer after being made the favorite on a good turf in last. Gets firm footing today and should improve big time. Only downside is he has to come from the clouds but rest assured, no one will be coming faster in the lane.
In the 8th, :8: Acquired Cat is as honest as they come and can win from anywhere. May even be a tad of a price with the likely overbet Linda Rice Duo.
In the finale, :1::1a: High Cry and Marula both have a chance but only one will run and I think High Cry has the more realistic chance of the two with the inside draw and positional speed.
:5:Wild Awake is an obvious contender and will be the one they all have to beat.
My sneaky bomb is :8:Lovely Promise. She broke her maiden in a decent field and had only one sprint prep for barn that is known for racing their stock into condition.
Moves to the next level but should be even better today and has a nice breeze in tow. Look out at a good price.
Good luck to all.
Ben

Marshall Bennett
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Early Pick 4 : 1,2,6 / 3,5 / 2,3,4,6,8 / 7 @$30
Late Pick 4 : 6 / 1,2,3,5,9 / 1A,8 / 1A,2,5,6,8 @$50