PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta To Race in 2010?

Zenyatta To Crush
09-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Shirreffs says that Zenyatta may race once or twice early next year before breeding season. I know a lot of you could care less, arguing that she'll race against grocery baggers again, but I am still hopeful she runs. We may never get to see a mare like this, besides Rachel, in a long time.

I for one hope they decide to ship her over to Gulfstream for a potential matchup with Rachel in the Donn H. on Feb. 6. They already talked about wanting to draw these two horses and I'd hope they would raise the purse. Throw in Quality Road and other good horses and that would be a hell of a race. Maybe I should hope Zenyatta loses before this so they stop caring so much about her winning streak and actually think about shipping her.

The Super Bowl is Feb. 7 in Miami, so if my Vikings make it (maybe a longshot chance?), I'll be down there to watch the Donn also.

NTamm1215
09-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Shirreffs says that Zenyatta may race once or twice early next year before breeding season. I know a lot of you could care less, arguing that she'll race against grocery baggers again, but I am still hopeful she runs. We may never get to see a mare like this, besides Rachel, in a long time.

I for one hope they decide to ship her over to Gulfstream for a potential matchup with Rachel in the Donn H. on Feb. 6. They already talked about wanting to draw these two horses and I'd hope they would raise the purse. Throw in Quality Road and other good horses and that would be a hell of a race. Maybe I should hope Zenyatta loses before this so they stop caring so much about her winning streak and actually think about shipping her.

The Super Bowl is Feb. 7 in Miami, so if my Vikings make it (maybe a longshot chance?), I'll be down there to watch the Donn also.

I think the chances of your Vikings making the Super Bowl are significantly better than Zenyatta running in the Donn.

NT

Zenyatta To Crush
09-24-2009, 03:16 PM
I actually think the odds of the Vikings making the Super Bowl are higher than Zenyatta even running next year. But I can still hope I guess.

joanied
09-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Well now...that is good news, and ever the optimist...I'm gonna think along those lines and look forward to it!!

Hey, Z to Crush...when I was living back east I was a Vikings fan...when Fran Tarkington (spelling) was QB...scramblin' Fran...loved that guy!!
:)

MickJ26
09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm guessing neither runs in the Donn.
Rachel probably won't be at peak fitness by early Feb. and Moss/Sherriffs will be looking for a soft spot to send Zenyatta into retirement.

Java Gold@TFT
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Shirreffs/Moss have said lots of things. If they don't put her in the real BC Classic they will never even consider the Donn for a one race 2010 eason. They already offered to boost the purse and wave any entry fees for Rachel, Zenyatta, MTB, SB and Qulaity Road. My guess - maybe 2 out of them go.

Slightly off the topic, have they announced who Zenyatta will be booked to next year? I know Rachel is already scheduled to visit Curlin for her first 2 seasons.

joanied
09-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Shirreffs/Moss have said lots of things. If they don't put her in the real BC Classic they will never even consider the Donn for a one race 2010 eason. They already offered to boost the purse and wave any entry fees for Rachel, Zenyatta, MTB, SB and Qulaity Road. My guess - maybe 2 out of them go.

Slightly off the topic, have they announced who Zenyatta will be booked to next year? I know Rachel is already scheduled to visit Curlin for her first 2 seasons.

Well, actually, the Donn is way too far away to get into now...IMO...but if everyone stays sound and stays racing...could be one of the best runnings ever!

Good question about who Z will be booked to...interesting...but you can bet it'll be a top stallion...Giant's Causeway? One I hope they don't think about is Unbridled Song!
Be kinda fun to look up some nicking patters for her bloodlines:) ...hey...maybe they'll send her to Curlin:ThmbUp:

bisket
09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
both have recieved an invitation to run in the donn? rachels done for the year, and its kind of early to pack it in so its a possibility she could be back for that race. it would fit rachel's schedule. it would be a great time for a big event because nothing else is really going on sports wise at that time.

joanied
09-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Ya got that right, bisket...Feb. is boreing:sleeping: ...and where I live...too damned cold:mad: ...
having Z and/or RA in the Donn sure would warm me up:)

castaway01
09-25-2009, 10:52 AM
The Donn? Zenyatta won't travel 100 miles---you think they're flying her cross-country for a race in February against males that would have zero impact on the Horse of the Year voting because she'd retire afterwards anyway? C'mon. Sorry to bring logic into this, but there's no way. She'll keep beating the same five horses on poly and then retire.

SecretSquirrel
09-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Z with Afleet Alex !

Zenyatta To Crush
09-25-2009, 02:11 PM
The Donn? Zenyatta won't travel 100 miles---you think they're flying her cross-country for a race in February against males that would have zero impact on the Horse of the Year voting because she'd retire afterwards anyway? C'mon. Sorry to bring logic into this, but there's no way. She'll keep beating the same five horses on poly and then retire.
Yes, the odds she ships anywhere outside Cali before retirement is very unlikely, but not impossible. If she wins the Lady's Secret, then a Breeders Cup race, they will be receiving tons more criticism for not taking any chances. You never know, maybe since their goal of winning the Breeders Cup would be over, they'd at least consider other options. Lets just take one race at a time and argue about it again after the Breeder's Cup is over.

bisket
09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
this isn't the first place that i've heard that the donn has been tossed around. if zen comes to florida it won't be to face older horses. it will be to race rachel. in a race that won't be a match race, and realistically older males are probably the only horses that would make a race of it with these two!!

joanied
09-25-2009, 03:37 PM
this isn't the first place that i've heard that the donn has been tossed around. if zen comes to florida it won't be to face older horses. it will be to race rachel. in a race that won't be a match race, and realistically older males are probably the only horses that would make a race of it with these two!!

Oh, the thought of a race like that gives ya goosebumps, don't it:)

bks
09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
I wish she would race in 2009.

joanied
09-25-2009, 05:43 PM

Absolutely love the mare...but, bks: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bks
09-26-2009, 09:10 AM
I love her too, joanie :)

bisket
09-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh, the thought of a race like that gives ya goosebumps, don't it:)
probably the best stretch battle i watched in person was easy goer and sunday silence in the preakness. boy i'd love to see these two girls go at it. i race between these two would only be fair and fun to watch is with a field of other horses. they have two different styles and a match race just wouldn't be as interesting. i hope it happens.

bisket
09-26-2009, 10:31 AM
this post gets the best one liner of the month ;)