PDA

View Full Version : Chart Errors at Mohawk

Sea Biscuit
09-23-2009, 11:38 PM
On Sept 18 in race 1 at Mohawk I noticed a chart error immediately after the race where the half mile time was shown as 57:2 in the chart whereas it should have been 59:2.

After the races I sent them a message on their 'contact us' link and received the following message via return email

"We have reviewed race one from last night and the correct time should be 59:2 at the half. Thank-you for your e-mail regarding the chart error."

In-spite of all this, the chart error was never rectified and has now filtered down in the program itself.

How can they be so careless and take this business so nonchalantly and I feel like:bang:

Sea Biscuit

Sea Biscuit
09-23-2009, 11:56 PM
On Sept 18 in race 1 at Mohawk I noticed a chart error immediately after the race where the half mile time was shown as 57:2 in the chart whereas it should have been 59:2.

After the races I sent them a message on their 'contact us' link and received the following message via return email

"We have reviewed race one from last night and the correct time should be 59:2 at the half. Thank-you for your e-mail regarding the chart error."

In-spite of all this, the chart error was never rectified and has now filtered down in the program itself.

How can they be so careless and take this business so nonchalantly and I feel like:bang:

Sea Biscuit

A question to the forum members.

How many people at the Woodbine Entertainment group do you thing it would take to screw on a light bulb?

Sea Biscuit.

Ray2000
09-24-2009, 05:52 AM
How many people at the Woodbine Entertainment group do you thing it would take to screw on a light bulb?

Five.

1 to move the ladder
1 to change the rules
1 to file the work order
1 to correct the work order
1 to go get another bulb

:D

Tom
09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
And then he brings the wrong bulb! :lol:

Pacingguy
09-24-2009, 09:04 AM

Sea Biscuit
You should forward it to Standardbred Canada and see if they can get them to fix it.

Sea Biscuit
09-24-2009, 09:32 AM
You should forward it to Standardbred Canada and see if they can get them to fix it.

Its not so much about chart error that bothers me that much.

Its the "its a small chart error who cares" attitude by the Woodbine people that really bothers me.

Sea Biscuit

LottaKash
09-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Its not so much about chart error that bothers me that much.

Its the "its a small chart error who cares" attitude by the Woodbine people that really bothers me.

Sea Biscuit

Could be a $500 error for some un-suspecting bettor....(or a "Bridgejumper"...ooh !)

And he couldn't even go back there to "whip" them back into shape, it's not allowed there anymore....:D...unless of course, he does it with both hands...:jump:

best,

Triopstor
09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi,

How did you know this was an error?

I think that is a big error for concern. And any error in math no matter how small can destroy the largest satellite.

Perhaps the problem is Woodbine Entertainment Group has no direct control over the charts but must be corrected by Equibase or some other company.

Sea Biscuit
09-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi,

How did you know this was an error?

I think that is a big error for concern. And any error in math no matter how small can destroy the largest satellite.

Perhaps the problem is Woodbine Entertainment Group has no direct control over the charts but must be corrected by Equibase or some other company.

I was watching live racing that night and I usually jot down the fractions on my program as they go along. Then I happened to check the charts and found the error.

You are probably right when you say that WEG has no control over the charts, but when they are aware of an error in the charts they should inform SC to have the error rectified. Thats the least they could do.

Sea Biscuit.

trottin' hopples
09-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I have just finished watching the replay of race 1 on Sept 18

video display shows the half mile time as 57.2 both during the running and afterwards.

Sea Biscuit
09-25-2009, 01:33 AM
I have just finished watching the replay of race 1 on Sept 18

video display shows the half mile time as 57.2 both during the running and afterwards.

Totally unexplainable. I rechecked the video and now it says 57.2 and you are absolutely right TH. I must have checked the video three times before I sent them the message and whats even funnier is that they acknowledged the mistake via return email.

I am still scratching my head over this one.:confused:

Sea Biscuit.

trottin' hopples
09-25-2009, 05:31 AM
but in this instance the announcer during the race call had a 57.2 half mile.

Somethng like what you mentioned is possible.

the chart writer could copy the fraction wrong onto the chart.
The standardbred canada rep could make a typo or misread the info (sloppily written number 7 or 9 could be taken for the other number.)

Woodbine/Mohawk uses the trackus system (on race nights) which produces positioning and beaten lengths information via satellite (each horse has a transponder in the saddle pad) which is then copied onto the chart and then input into the data base by a S/C representative.

Typos can happen.

All program printers obtain their basic information from S/C who are very good about correcting errors once the correct information is confirmed.

I can't explain why you received the reply that you did to your e-mail.
Obviously the person did not check the video.

Cheers and good luck wagering.
Trottin' Hopples

Sea Biscuit
09-26-2009, 09:05 AM
but in this instance the announcer during the race call had a 57.2 half mile.

Somethng like what you mentioned is possible.

the chart writer could copy the fraction wrong onto the chart.
The standardbred canada rep could make a typo or misread the info (sloppily written number 7 or 9 could be taken for the other number.)

Woodbine/Mohawk uses the trackus system (on race nights) which produces positioning and beaten lengths information via satellite (each horse has a transponder in the saddle pad) which is then copied onto the chart and then input into the data base by a S/C representative.

Typos can happen.

All program printers obtain their basic information from S/C who are very good about correcting errors once the correct information is confirmed.

I can't explain why you received the reply that you did to your e-mail.
Obviously the person did not check the video.

Cheers and good luck wagering.
Trottin' Hopples

I just got an email from Woodbine Entertainment Group.

Actually the mistake happened in Race 1 on Sept 17 and not Sept 18 as stated by me.

The Woodbine people did forward the error to Standard Bred Canada and they did correct it later after getting my email.

My sincere apologies to Woodbine Entertainment Group for blaming them and making fun of them.

Sea Biscuit

beaucap
09-26-2009, 09:36 AM
I just got an email from Woodbine Entertainment Group.

Actually the mistake happened in Race 1 on Sept 17 and not Sept 18 as stated by me.

The Woodbine people did forward the error to Standard Bred Canada and they did correct it later after getting my email.

My sincere apologies to Woodbine Entertainment Group for blaming them and making fun of them.

Sea Biscuit

Boy SB if they could borrow a whip from a driver...they would probably use it on you....with one hand of course:)

trottin' hopples
09-26-2009, 09:37 AM
At least the information is correct now.

Hope you have many winners.

Sea Biscuit
09-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Boy SB if they could borrow a whip from a driver...they would probably use it on you....with one hand of course:)

For this silly date mix-up, I will allow them with two hands.:lol:

Sea Biscuit

ALostTexan
09-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Standardbred Canada has a history of getting complaints from outsider, whether that be fans, horsemen, etc., and actually doing something about it. They seem to have a great team up there and will actually take criticism and try to improve their product.