PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Jones?

so.cal.fan
09-23-2009, 11:22 PM
He wrote two books, Gordon Jones to Win and ???????
Can't remember the other title. Anyone remember?

banacek
09-23-2009, 11:35 PM
He wrote two books, Gordon Jones to Win and ???????
Can't remember the other title. Anyone remember?

"Smart Money" and he's supposedly been writing a couple of new books for the last few years, but I haven't seen them.

andymays
09-24-2009, 07:09 AM
http://www.klav1230am.com/Default.aspx

On weekends @ 7:30 AM PST

levinmpa
09-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Gordon is great on the radio. According to Gordon Jones, "Vegas Track Talk is the show that dares to keep score. We make selections before breakfast on races that will be run after lunch." It's a fast moving 30 minutes. I recommend listening. Gordon is also on with Sam Spear on At the Track about once a month. That show airs on KNBR 680 in San Francisco, or knbr.com, every Sunday at 7:00 AM Pacific. Although this Sunday, September 27, At the Track will air at 6:00 AM Pacific due the 49ers playing on the East Coast.

douglasw32
09-25-2009, 02:27 PM
The System : Jay Learns to Handicap and Develops a Diversified System

Anyone know what it is about?

GaryG
09-25-2009, 02:39 PM
"Smart Money" and he's supposedly been writing a couple of new books for the last few years, but I haven't seen them.A long time ago he was working on a book about the CA fair circuit called Easy Pickings. If it ever came out I was not aware of it.

banacek
09-25-2009, 03:06 PM
A long time ago he was working on a book about the CA fair
circuit called Easy Pickings. If it ever came out I was not aware of it.

On the website..as it has been for years:
At an age when most men are looking forward to retirement, Professor Gordon Jones is padding his legend. He is working on FOUR NEW HANDICAPPING BOOKS, including:

SURE PROFITS WITH LOSING HORSES
HOW TO PLAY MORE HORSES FOR LESS MONEY
LONGSHOTS I HAVE KNOWN
EASY PICKINGS
All four will be published shortly.

GaryG
09-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks Banacek....some things just take time I guess.

banacek
09-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks Banacek....some things just take time I guess.

May be not worth the time for the authors anymore. So much has changed since then.

Must be 35 years since Gordon Jones to Win and Easy Pickings. Beyer hasn't written a book since 1993 (I think). Dick Schmidt..where are you ;) .

Greyfox
09-25-2009, 03:39 PM
A long time ago he was working on a book about the CA fair circuit called Easy Pickings. If it ever came out I was not aware of it.

Yes. It was a short. The one page Chapter on Fairplex had only 3 words.

"Bet Martin Pedroza."

banacek
09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Must be 35 years since Gordon Jones to Win and Easy Pickings.

Sorry I meant Smart Money not Easy Pickings

takeout
09-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks Banacek....some things just take time I guess.I’ll say. He did an Expo tape on Easy Pickings in ’93. :)

redeye007
10-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Is this the same Gordon Jones I've seen in Las Vegas at Sam's Town race and sports book?

andymays
10-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Is this the same Gordon Jones I've seen in Las Vegas at Sam's Town race and sports book?

Yes

rrbauer
10-09-2009, 08:58 AM
On the website..as it has been for years:
At an age when most men are looking forward to retirement, Professor Gordon Jones is padding his legend. He is working on FOUR NEW HANDICAPPING BOOKS, including:

SURE PROFITS WITH LOSING HORSES
HOW TO PLAY MORE HORSES FOR LESS MONEY
LONGSHOTS I HAVE KNOWN
EASY PICKINGS
All four will be published shortly.

I believe that the two books that Gordon wrote were vanity published and he wrote them when he had a "real" job. At least 25 years ago he told me that he was writing a book about "cleaning up at the small tracks". I'm thinking that "Easy Pickings" might be that book. Remember BYTE magazine, "real soon now"?

Warren Henry
10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
At least 25 years ago he told me that he was writing a book about "cleaning up at the small tracks". I'm thinking that "Easy Pickings" might be that book. Remember BYTE magazine, "real soon now"?

I started a book at about the same time. The introduction and first chapter were dynamite(IMHO).

I doubt that I will ever finish the book. I have no children - thus no grandkids. This means that the market would be pretty small.

Run Nicholas Run
10-11-2009, 12:28 AM
the track talk show is unlistenable.
John Kelly is the host err I mean the
guy who sounds like bullwinkle. :D

except for the ralph sirrocco show track talk
cant even beat the pick em show with dave the meatman scandaliatto.