PDA

View Full Version : I like a couple of bombs tomorrow

cees with dees
09-23-2009, 11:09 AM
In the first race, Nothing Impossible draws inside with the ability to win from on or off the pace.
Should be able to save ground today which is something he hasn't been able to do in last two.
In the 5th, Kamboo Man is the inside and controlling speed here and gets very brave when allowed the front even if he has to go fast. Talk about low profile connections. Must overcome long layoff but couldn't have found an easier spot to come back.
In the 6th, Clean Shot goes for a tag for the first time and since he's a homebred, the drop doesn't bother me at all.
Now or never.
In the 8th, Executive Search gets my money by process of elimination. Just too tough for these and need only be in shouting range turning for home to get it done.
Platinum Couple lacks speed also but this barn change could be just what the doctor ordered as this one has been in the care of Joe Lostritto his whole life.
This one has ability and could improve dramatically today.
In the last, Mr Vantastic drops and turns back meeting a creaturous bunch. Short price but really deserves to be.
Ben

cees with dees
09-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Was able to dig in a little more and found a few more things to like.
In the second, the 7 1/2 furlong distance is a weird kind of race and my experience says the majority of winners at this distance are horses turning back from a pace pressing route.
Turaath fills that bill. Unfortunately the morning line favorite.
In the 3rd, Weathered has a distinct class and position advantage on the whole field.
Should prove really tough to beat.
The 4th is a two horse race. Will it be Dr Paula Moynahan on a loose lead or Velvet World circling the field on the last turn?? Using both.
In the 5th, if Callmetony is still in one piece he can overcome the wide draw. Kamboo Man will take these as far as he can and Goldispretty has found a home at this level.
In the 6th, Clean Shot should win the battle of the droppers.
Cleric will be drastically overbet with his high speed rating from first start but I'm sure that number will be adjusted somewhere down the line.
Good luck tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a much needed good nights sleep tonight.
Ben

castaway01
09-23-2009, 07:32 PM
I appreciate your picks---you explain them and put a lot of thought into it. If you get a few right at 10-1 you're doing quite well for yourself. Best of luck.

SansuiSC
09-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Belmont dirt races were very fast Wednesday. I suspect it will hold up tomorrow unless it rains overnight which it might. I live a mile away from the track so will know if it rains and how hard.

theguarantee
09-23-2009, 11:19 PM
In agreement on the value of Nothing Impossible. That said, while I understand your theory, Linda Rice in a turf sprint is always to be respected and this race looks to set up perfectly for her horses which seem to have the most late kick in a race full of bunnies. She hasn't scored at Belmont yet this meet but I see this as an extremely strong opportunity to break through here.
Garcia is opting with Half A Note, but honestly I think Precision Farming may prove better. Two jockeys running quite well and while I'm sure this entry will be super chalky, but I'm not too convinced they'll be beaten.

In the 4th, Velvet World should get it done, but from a value perspective I like Caterina's Terms...0/21 I know...but I liked the way she kicked home last and she has enough late kick that I'm surprised she hasn't got it done before. This group is pretty weak and at the risk of looking like a moron I'll give her a chance here, obviously at a huge price. 9/2 ML isn't too appealing but I like Shesabudgirl's chances as well. Has run a couple races that I think were arguably good enough for a win, including one going a mile at Belmont...gets the rail and CV can try to send her early if he so chooses, in what shouldn't be too contested of a pace.

Agreed on Weathered. Dean Henry has won 3 of last 4 starts with the other one being an excusable poor trip at Saratoga, which if you toss would make a serious contender...that would be the other of interest in the run to me.

WinterTriangle
09-24-2009, 02:24 AM
In the second, the 7 1/2 furlong distance is a weird kind of race and my experience says the majority of winners at this distance are horses turning back from a pace pressing route.
Turaath fills that bill. Unfortunately the morning line favorite.

I'm looking for Parisella's horse to pull an upset here. Forest King at 12-1 will speed past these, is working good, and gets Hot Jock. I'll play with Turaath and Jazz Hands.

cees with dees
09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
In agreement on the value of Nothing Impossible. That said, while I understand your theory, Linda Rice in a turf sprint is always to be respected and this race looks to set up perfectly for her horses which seem to have the most late kick in a race full of bunnies. She hasn't scored at Belmont yet this meet but I see this as an extremely strong opportunity to break through here.
Garcia is opting with Half A Note, but honestly I think Precision Farming may prove better. Two jockeys running quite well and while I'm sure this entry will be super chalky, but I'm not too convinced they'll be beaten.

In the 4th, Velvet World should get it done, but from a value perspective I like Caterina's Terms...0/21 I know...but I liked the way she kicked home last and she has enough late kick that I'm surprised she hasn't got it done before. This group is pretty weak and at the risk of looking like a moron I'll give her a chance here, obviously at a huge price. 9/2 ML isn't too appealing but I like Shesabudgirl's chances as well. Has run a couple races that I think were arguably good enough for a win, including one going a mile at Belmont...gets the rail and CV can try to send her early if he so chooses, in what shouldn't be too contested of a pace.

Agreed on Weathered. Dean Henry has won 3 of last 4 starts with the other one being an excusable poor trip at Saratoga, which if you toss would make a serious contender...that would be the other of interest in the run to me.

I'm telling you, Linda isn't only 0 for the meet, but the horses are really running badly.
She's gone down 3 times thus far with odds on favorites and the horses look tired.
The only way I would consider using one of her horses would be something over 15-1 that didn't race at Saratoga.
One of my steadfast rules is to toss cold trainers especially at a short price.
And by the way, you people should all post on my NY thread everyday.
It's threads like this that could help people especially with pick 4's, to help us not to overlook something and hit a big number.
And by the way, that last race yesterday was a hideous beat. It didn't mean all that much money to me but it was certainly the difference between a profit and loss on the day.
Ready to fire today and getting Julien home in the first would be a good start.
Thank you everyone for your input and let's keep it coming.
Ben

cees with dees
09-24-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm looking for Parisella's horse to pull an upset here. Forest King at 12-1 will speed past these, is working good, and gets Hot Jock. I'll play with Turaath and Jazz Hands.

I love John Parisella as a trainer but I think this horses best races come when able to get loose and there is quite a bit of sprinting speed in this race.
Forest King can rate but that won't produce his best effort.
I despise the short price but everything really points to the 4.
I'll be making a cold DD 2,4 and a second race pick 4 of: 4/4/5,6/1,3,10
Ben

rgustafson
09-24-2009, 11:35 AM
I just saw on the NYRA website that Nothing Is Impossible runs with no hind shoes. Is this cause for concern?

cees with dees
09-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm alive in the current pick 3 at Belmont but am going after this one as well.
IN the 4th, Dr Paula Moynahan is the speed and Velvet World the best closer so the 5 and 6 rap this up for me.
In the 5th, Kamboo Man (speed), Goldispretty (closer), Callmetony (class). And with Clean Shot in for a tag on the end, he should get it done today.
Ben