PDA

View Full Version : POCONO TUES. 9/22/09

botster
09-22-2009, 09:30 AM
A wanted to play one back with some seriousness tonight,but she drew the seven hole.I will still play her here, but with less investment.

3rd

7 LAURENS JOY left well here and got shuffled back to last in most recent.She finished with hidden pace while having no shot.This barn has been very productive at Monticello for years and they do a great job at classifying their horses correctly.

5th

6 FREEDOMS LIGHT was pacing well last week and gets the big driver change tonight to Joe Pavia.Pavia was on a double digit winner for me with this barn last week.It's a young one recently put in for a tag...that is a good angle most of the time, with these type, in these bottom level claimers.

Good Fortune:).

beaucap
09-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey Botster, i like the way you explain...your selections. Do you keep track of your pics? If you do....how ya doin?
Good Luck and Good Racing

Bo

botster
09-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Hey Botster, i like the way you explain...your selections. Do you keep track of your pics? If you do....how ya doin?
Good Luck and Good Racing

Bo

What I am attempting to post here, as live as possible, is what I am betting for the most part.There are times when time restrictions close to post cause me to be unable to post other type(s) of wagers,but always the same key horse is being used.When this happens, it wouldn't be appropiate to redboard and, say "I didn't have time to post this winning ticket".

To post here and wager at the same time with all the decision factors going on into the bets is a bit bothersome for obvious reasons.I thought about doing this before on a regular basis, but I thought only recently to prove that I take this game seriously and I am NOT A REDBOARDER,or someone who comes on here and makes the claims, but never backs them up.

This is how I approach the game I don't detour from it, because it has been finely tuned for over 20 years now.I don't list too often the exact betting amounts here, but I am a firm believer you have to spread yourself around when keying in on the longer one's.I only play these east coast tracks,and Woodbine/Mohawk.I had raced on the east coast and I believe have attained a knowledge that has assisted me a great deal in beating this game.

I am not bragging or boasting, but this is pretty much how the entire year has been going for me.You can go through my posts and see for yourself.You asked the question on how am I doing keeping track of my pics,so instead of giving you the numbers that many will not believe, here is a little about my betting strategies with my investments.Exactas are anywhere from a standard three dollar play on my better plays, boxing my key with a good part of the field,or if I believe there are more that can be eliminated, I will go as much as five or six dollar boxes with keys.Last night I played a fifteen dollar two horse box in a trot that I lost.In these type of races I will go big on the win end on the horse that is better value most of the time.In this case I had eighty dollars to win on SUNDOWNER BOB @ 7-2,but lost the exacta and triple.Triples are almost always generally one to three dollar bets maximum.In this case it was three dollars,because I was keying on two horses, that I had liked quite a bit.

In the finale I mixed it my betting pattern up.I dropped all of these betting formats, because I thought the favorite was a standout.In this same event I did have an angle play,but my dad and I both suffer from the "bomber third place finisher syndrome",so in this case I had used all in the middle with the play for third as well.Here I went two dollars,could have went three, but I am a firm believer in "HOT AND NOT CYCLES" with trainers,so it was only a two dollar play.My small win bets standard are three to five dollars,almost always play place on the longer one's.I did have five and five on the #9 in this race @ 35-1 and lost.

I step it up on the win when I like one a good deal and have to be careful. At a track like Pocono and Chester a hundred dollar win bet, can cause some real havoc with the pools there.These bets are always in the vicinity of $40 to $100 dollar win bets,always on the higher end in trotting races, because this is where a good amount of my profits are made.

Good Fortune BO:)

botster
09-22-2009, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=botster]A wanted to play one back with some seriousness tonight,but she drew the seven hole.I will still play her here, but with less investment.

3rd

7 LAURENS JOY left well here and got shuffled back to last in most recent.She finished with hidden pace while having no shot.This barn has been very productive at Monticello for years and they do a great job at classifying their horses correctly.

This really is a bad bunch and has me thinking large here,BUT it's a five claimer and inconsistancy runs rampent with these type.

Early ideas

7/1-3-4-6 in a box.

7 win @ 6-1 or better.

botster
09-22-2009, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=botster]
5th

6 FREEDOMS LIGHT was pacing well last week and gets the big driver change tonight to Joe Pavia.Pavia was on a double digit winner for me with this barn last week.It's a young one recently put in for a tag...that is a good angle most of the time, with these type, in these bottom level claimers.

What another formless crew.The odds here will play the factor I will bet win @ 7-2/4-1 or better.

Exacta 6/1-3-4 straight if the numbers aren't banged down.

Good fortune:) .

botster
09-22-2009, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=botster]A wanted to play one back with some seriousness tonight,but she drew the seven hole.I will still play her here, but with less investment.

3rd

This really is a bad bunch and has me thinking large here,BUT it's a five claimer and inconsistancy runs rampent with these type.

Early ideas

7/1-3-4-6 in a box.

7 win @ 6-1 or better.

The seven looks good on the track.

I will go with the box here.If she drifts up a small bet to win 7.

firstoffclaim
09-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Nice with the win bet:jump:

lamboguy
09-22-2009, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=botster]

I will go with the box here.If she drifts up a small bet to win 7.its your world bot, we are just breathing the same air as you are!

wow!!!

botster
09-22-2009, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=botster]

I will go with the box here.If she drifts up a small bet to win 7.

Drifted up to 7-1...Got that bet in.Lost the box though:p. A two move winner:ThmbUp:.

firstoffclaim
09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
I play Mountaineer, but after I lose I come here to get my money back with Bot's picks:D

botster
09-22-2009, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=botster]its your world bot, we are just breathing the same air as you are!

wow!!!

Oh... come on now guys:blush: .

botster
09-22-2009, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=lamboguy]

Oh... come on now guys:blush: .

Ray liked the horse last week @ 7-2.He had a "no chance" trip there,tonight better price better LUCK trip...HAHAHAHA!

melman
09-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Your on a good roll Bots love to see that. Your proving once again that the old adage of "harness racing never pays anything" is just a bunch of baloney. :)

botster
09-22-2009, 07:39 PM
5th

Good Fortune:).

6/1-3-4 straight is playable right now with the payoffs.Someone just sent it on the pick here...A whole hundred bucks, or so.

botster
09-22-2009, 07:48 PM
6/1-3-4 straight is playable right now with the payoffs.Someone just sent it on the pick here...A whole hundred bucks, or so.

The rule is that you can't bet short price horses to win, unless your "in love with them".Exotics are the better way to go in the long run.It didn't play out for me here,but it does a good amount of the times.

botster
09-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Your on a good roll Bots love to see that. Your proving once again that the old adage of "harness racing never pays anything" is just a bunch of baloney. :)

"You guys are alright here on this board:ThmbUp:" .The fact is that most gamblers hate guys when they win a race.I have heard it all from, "dumb luck", to "He plays too many horses" and " He invests too much money".

I have had many persons very interested when they see me on this type of roll over the years, as they attatch to me like pilot fish.After two or three losers they always detatch from from just as fast...HAHAHAHA! The gamblers mentality is always set to lose, wanting to win every race.

melman
09-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Indy Downs R12 like the 7 at 3-1 or better with 962, How true Bots in the past I posted a lot of horses some very nice paying ones at that. After about four losers in a row I got a few nasty PM's. LOL It's all good.

melman
09-22-2009, 08:29 PM
7 a winner at Indy R12 paid $13.20. Got the ex also as I saw late that Ray liked the 10. Nice ex of $150. R13 at Indy 1 to win at 7/2 or better with 47 a little 4-1 saver.

botster
09-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Some nice prices tonight...

6 O GEORGIE is trained by Jake Huff this guy I remember from Michigan years ago and he was very good with the cross gaiters.18 wins in 81 starts for this horse lifetime.I will play Tom Jackson on a trotter quicker than ona pacer so I will bet small here.

7 FOGGY LANE KAY put in a seriously good mile against a beast in last and this outfit is topnotch.

They are betting PROUD MOMENT like he can't lose here.

2/6-7 IN A SMALL BOX.

SMALL W/P on 6-7.

botster
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
7 a winner at Indy R12 paid $13.20. Got the ex also as I saw late that Ray liked the 10. Nice ex of $150. R13 at Indy 1 to win at 7/2 or better with 47 a little 4-1 saver.

DO WORK!

botster
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Some nice prices tonight...

6 O GEORGIE is trained by Jake Huff this guy I remember from Michigan years ago and he was very good with the cross gaiters.18 wins in 81 starts for this horse lifetime.I will play Tom Jackson on a trotter quicker than ona pacer so I will bet small here.

7 FOGGY LANE KAY put in a seriously good mile against a beast in last and this outfit is topnotch.

They are betting PROUD MOMENT like he can't lose here.

2/6-7 IN A SMALL BOX.

SMALL W/P on 6-7.

Two out of three of the picks ran... this will always keep the GP away from the trot races.

botster
09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
It's the OPEN TROT...

1 CARESS THE SCENSES moves up here, but I have seen this horse win against similiar at the M1.This guy Duer is ranked TOP A trot guy in my book and he has got this one going forward again.I cannot pass on these type at these giant odds without investing a little.

2-4-6-7-8/1 in a very small box.

small w/p 1

botster
09-22-2009, 09:16 PM
It's the OPEN TROT...

1 CARESS THE SCENSES moves up here, but I have seen this horse win against similiar at the M1.This guy Duer is ranked TOP A trot guy in my book and he has got this one going forward again.I cannot pass on these type at these giant odds without investing a little.

2-4-6-7-8/1 in a very small box.

small w/p 1

Another break here...they were going too much for him.Hey RTD, Goodell parked out your avatared VIVID PHOTO like "he was chopped liver"...NO RESPECT!

botster
09-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I thought 6 FABULOUS GRIN kind of lays over this group.Better chance here closing on this 5/8th's, that is for sure.

I remember when Rucker was on that unbelievable run last meet @ the M1 and being quite impressed by the charge this animal posesses when good.This drop into 15 here looks real good off his current closing efforts.They very rarely claim off Rucker, so he can get away with this kind of classifying.I noticed the five days out before last weeks race that is something that I like also.7-2 in the m/l, so exotics may be the way to go here.What a heap of dead pieces in this event!!

Soundness maybe an issue...watching before betting here.

botster
09-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I thought 6 FABULOUS GRIN kind of lays over this group.Better chance here closing on this 5/8th's, that is for sure.

I remember when Rucker was on that unbelievable run last meet @ the M1 and being quite impressed by the charge this animal posesses when good.This drop into 15 here looks real good off his current closing efforts.They very rarely claim off Rucker, so he can get away with this kind of classifying.I noticed the five days out before last weeks race that is something that I like also.7-2 in the m/l, so exotics may be the way to go here.What a heap of dead pieces in this event!!

Soundness maybe an issue...watching before betting here.

I love how an even $100 bucks goes in on the opening call...HAHAHAHA!

botster
09-22-2009, 09:42 PM
I love how an even $100 bucks goes in on the opening call...HAHAHAHA!

I must agree here on how they are playing it so far 6/5-7, but it's chalk.Triples are not such a good bet here with the big takeout.I will go $6 triples 6/5-7/5-7 here...too chalky all around.

botster
09-22-2009, 09:45 PM
I must agree here on how they are playing it so far 6/5-7, but it's chalk.Triples are not such a good bet here with the big takeout.I will go $6 triples 6/5-7/5-7 here...too chalky all around.

The pick here should get hit again on the win...I can't bet that now.

botster
09-22-2009, 09:50 PM
The pick here should get hit again on the win...I can't bet that now.

AND HE DID...I will take that $12 dollar loss considering, I thought this horse had a great chance of winning here...AND DIDN'T;)

botster
09-22-2009, 09:52 PM
AND HE DID...I will take that $12 dollar loss considering, I thought this horse had a great chance of winning here...AND DIDN'T;)

I guess they took IN THE PROVERBIALS out of his stall this week...following.

botster
09-22-2009, 10:01 PM
small 3-7/9 in a double

botster
09-22-2009, 10:09 PM
small 3-7/9 in a double

I spotted this double to be a little weak now @ $198.00...WHAT? The double pools are comical:D .

lamboguy
09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I spotted this double @ $198.00...WHAT?there is only a $1600 double pool, i am live for $3.00

botster
09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
I spotted this double to be a little weak now @ $198.00...WHAT? The double pools are comical:D .

I have a two dollar double going with the #9...I will let that ride and call it a night folks...Good Fortune:) .

botster
09-22-2009, 10:19 PM
there is only a $1600 double pool, i am live for $3.00

She used to close like a train, but that was three years ago...HAHAHAHA!

botster
09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
She used to close like a train, but that was three years ago...HAHAHAHA!

She gave us a run for our couple of bucks.The outside horse down the back "killed us" not allowing us to get to the outer tier Lambo.That is the kind of kick she used to have back at the M1...Rucker will get them to revert back to their old ways.