PDA

View Full Version : Youbet.com questions

penguinfan
05-25-2003, 08:28 AM
I wager on-line and over the phone with xpressbet and they continue to reduce the number of tracks available for A/V. What does youbet consider a "premium" track at which they offer A/V. How is the quality of their A/V. How would yourate the service. I wager enough during the month to get future monthe free if I read the details right. If you wager enough during your free month, do you get the next month free as well or is it kinda pay a month get a month, pay a month get a month?

Help is always appreciated.

Penguinfan

Whitehos
05-25-2003, 08:58 AM
I believe YouBet has the best all around program. AV with the CD versoin is the best of anyone. Easiest wagering and once $350 is bet per month its free.($350is easy to do even with$2 bets)

penguinfan
05-25-2003, 09:06 AM
How do you know which tracks have A/V available??

Penguinfan

Whitehos
05-25-2003, 09:10 AM
CHECK THEIRWEB SITE

penguinfan
05-25-2003, 09:14 AM
I did, all it says is their "premium" tracks hae A/V available, but it doesn't say which tracks are "premium".

Penguinfan

JoeG
05-25-2003, 09:54 AM
Every track youbet carries has AV....Occasionally one will not be available but usually its a sat problem

penguinfan
05-25-2003, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the replies, probably gonna go with them since xpressbet is just getting worse and worse.

Penguinfan

Tom
05-25-2003, 10:42 AM
I suggest you try a one month plan before you make a committment to YouBet. If your cable provider is poor. as is common, you will never get to see much streaming video. In 4 months, I have used, timewise - 0.23 hours of video- I am luck to see 10 seconds of continuous video at any time - have not sen a whole race in months. A lot of people seem to have no problem, but it is apparently related to cable quality, which is really erratic and random dpending on where you live.
As a personal aside, I would never reccommend Road Runner.

penguinfan
05-25-2003, 12:55 PM
We have Armstrong zoom cable internet here and I have absolutly no complaints about it what so ever!!! I download stuff at the speed of light so I hope streaming video is not a problem.

Penguinfan

MikeDee
05-25-2003, 01:29 PM
All of youbets tracks are preimum and have video. It has been a long time since they had tracks that you could bet but not get video. Today they have 25 tracks that you can watch and wager
They do not have the following tracks that run t-breds.

bwn cty fair
boise
dayton
eureka
fair meadows
grants pass
kanloops
lethbridge
lin st fair
stampede
yavapai

Video on a modem will be slow and very small.

I have a DSL and every now and then I get some stop and go video, but I have never had the kind of continuing problems that Tom describes.

Tom you should check out a DSL from your telco. It's not as fast as cable, but mine is very relaiable.

The video is about a minute of delay so when you wager you need to get your bet down at the 1 min mark or just when the clock goes to 0 on you bet. If you wait until they are loading them in the gate on youbet video the race is probably already off in real time.

The CD version of the software , which they will send if you ask for it, is by far the best user interface in the business.

I have no complaints, but I much prefer to watch races on real TV versus the web.

I have both a youbet and a express bet account. You can bet out of your express bet account it you want, on all tracks except the CD inc and nyra tracks and a couple fo others that may only have an exclusive wager agreement with tvg/yooubet.

azmike
05-25-2003, 01:42 PM
I have used youbet for a long time now with my cable modem and have no complaints. As mentioned, it is free when you bet at least $350 per month and that is very easy to do.

Clearly the best option right now for video and betting in one package.

Tom
05-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Why can't I get a bet down at Kamploops and Yavapai when I need to? :mad:

azmike
05-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Why can't I get a bet down at Kamploops and Yavapai when I need to? :mad:

Actually, I wish I could bet Yavapai (formerly Prescott Downs) so I emailed youbet without success. I suppose if enough people request a track they will beam it up Tom :)

penguinfan
05-25-2003, 04:38 PM
I just signed on today and there is money in my account, but when I switch from "call-a-bet" to "total access" so I can play hollywood there is no money available, how do I get it from one account to the other, or can I?

Penguinfan

sjk
05-25-2003, 04:42 PM
I believe you need to fund them separately.

JustRalph
05-25-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by penguinfan
I just signed on today and there is money in my account, but when I switch from "call-a-bet" to "total access" so I can play hollywood there is no money available, how do I get it from one account to the other, or can I?Penguinfan

CAll a bet is a completely different account.........it is basically your expressbet account. Xpressbet money I had would show up in the call a bet account on youbet. I think the call a bet is owned by xpressbet. They used to be Ladbroke in PA. But Stronach bought them. Then turned it into xpressbet.

azmike
05-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by penguinfan
I just signed on today and there is money in my account, but when I switch from "call-a-bet" to "total access" so I can play hollywood there is no money available, how do I get it from one account to the other, or can I?

Penguinfan

They are indeed TWO separate accounts. You should check the web site to see if you really need to have both accounts. Total access provides feeds for most tracks but there are some that are only on call-a-bet. I have both but generally use total access. Also, total access permits a very quick and inexpensive funding of your account by directly debiting your checking account but call a bet requires a credit card or a check to be mailed etc.

Good luck.

MikeDee
05-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Last year youbet had YAV, I don't know why they don't have it this year.

ahh..Kamloops..... I can hardly wait for the Kamloops Derby.

Pretty sure you don't need 2 accounts, but you will want a total access account as all the big name summer tracks are on total access and are not available on call-a-bet.