PDA

View Full Version : Absolute crusher

penguinfan
05-25-2003, 07:44 AM
I know we have all had our share of tough losses and bad breaks that have cost us big tickets, but I gotta get this one off my chest from last night at Mountaineer. After the first 2 races in the nights first pick three I still had a live ticket with a 37-1 horse winning the second race and 2 horses on my ticket in the next race, both who obviously looked pretty live to me, one was 15-1 ML (the 10) and was never really in it, the other was the 4 horse, the betting favorite who actually was gonna pay more than the 10 if I cashed the pick-3 ticket $3306.00 I play Mountaineer alot and even if I am not playing I still at least watch the replays at the beginning of their broadcast to see how the track is playing and look over the results etc.. Well standing a few yard before the finish line I really though I knew when a horse coming down the lane was making his move too late to catch the leader and that is exactly what I though when my 4 horse was 2 lengths clear in the lane and the 5 wound up for a run at him. It was clearly too late for the 5 to catch him and I knew I had the winner, only to be crushed when the 5 SOMEHOW had enough to catch him in the last stride or two and rip a very nice winner out of my hands!!
The Chart (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=inc&country=USA&track=MNR&date=2003-05-24#R5)

Damn Dana Whitney has cost me more money than college, if I bet him he stiffs a horse and if I leave him out he ruins me. Of course since I was ahead on the night and the 5 looked like the only horse that had a cahnce to get me I did slap a $50 win ticket on him just in case, but that $200 does not ease much of the pain.

Penguinfan feeling like I have been gelded again!