PDA

View Full Version : Momma mia!!

jognlope
09-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Nonna Mia, 2yo just won by many many lengths (B. Levine trained) out of Empire Maker ----- Dublin might have some competition next May at Churchill.

joanied
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Nonna Mia, 2yo just won by many many lengths (B. Levine trained) out of Empire Maker ----- Dublin might have some competition next May at Churchill.

Yeah, but Dublin has Lukas...he may be flying under the radar of late, but he is still D. Wayne...he'll be a force if Dublin stays sound!!

Hanover1
09-21-2009, 03:53 PM
This horse is BY Empire Maker. What type of mare is he OUT of?

joanied
09-21-2009, 04:52 PM
This horse is BY Empire Maker. What type of mare is he OUT of?

Good question, Hanover1...here ya go:
http://www.pedigreequery.com/nonna+mia2

Her dam ran 13 times...and in trying to get info on some of the other horses on the bottom...I don't think they are listed in the ped query's data base...kept coming up with a blank page.

It always bothers me that a horse is always BY yadda-yadda...what about who that horse is OUT of...last time I checked, the mare was 50% of the results...me thinks they need some credit too...glad you brought it up:ThmbUp:

Have you seen Birdstone's new ad...only horse to sire KD, Belmont & Travers winner in 1st crop...guess he did that all on his own:bang:

:)

Hanover1
09-21-2009, 06:34 PM

Her dam ran 13 times...and in trying to get info on some of the other horses on the bottom...I don't think they are listed in the ped query's data base...kept coming up with a blank page.

It always bothers me that a horse is always BY yadda-yadda...what about who that horse is OUT of...last time I checked, the mare was 50% of the results...me thinks they need some credit too...glad you brought it up:ThmbUp:

Have you seen Birdstone's new ad...only horse to sire KD, Belmont & Travers winner in 1st crop...guess he did that all on his own:bang:

Never been on a date without somebody..... (no puns plz...)

joanied
09-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Never been on a date without somebody..... (no puns plz...)

OK...how about this, then: :lol: :ThmbUp: :lol:

jognlope
09-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Do you guys diagragm sentences, too? I know what you mean. I'm just glad EM is coming out, becoming, turning up.... oh shoot, just glad his babies are good ones!

joanied
09-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Do you guys diagragm sentences, too? I know what you mean. I'm just glad EM is coming out, becoming, turning up.... oh shoot, just glad his babies are good ones!

Hey jog...didn't mean to rain:) on your parade...but, ya gotta admit...the mare is 50% of the results with any stallion...but, yeah, I'm glad EM babies are doing good also...he has a stellar pedigree and I expected him to be a top stallion:ThmbUp:
Just loved him when he was racing:jump:

tucker6
09-21-2009, 09:20 PM

Joanie,

Just make sure you darn your husbands socks the way he likes it next time!! :D

Tom

Wickel
09-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Yeah, but Dublin has Lukas...he may be flying under the radar of late, but he is still D. Wayne...he'll be a force if Dublin stays sound!!

Staying sound!! That's been the storyline with Lukas runners in their three-year-old seasons.

jognlope
09-22-2009, 08:53 AM
I shoulda mentioned his Mom, oh my. I coulda had a V8.

joanied
09-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Joanie,

Just make sure you darn your husbands socks the way he likes it next time!! :D

Tom

:lol: :lol: :lol:

joanied
09-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Staying sound!! That's been the storyline with Lukas runners in their three-year-old seasons.

Well, you might also say that for many trainers...and I beleive Lukas has mellowed and would tend to take better care now with his stock...used to be he had so many in training that I suppose he always took a shot regardless of whether or not it hurt a horse... I was one of many that regarded him as being way to hard on his horses...but, as mentioned, Wickel...maybe not so much anymore.

joanied
09-22-2009, 10:29 AM
I shoulda mentioned his Mom, oh my. I coulda had a V8.

Or a shot of whiskey:D

jognlope
09-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Which reminds me, a regular sized bottle of Jim Beam went up from $15 to $22 at the local liquor store....because he can. The only other liquor store closed. Not fair at all. I had to buy Gallo burgundy, which isn't bad, but not the same.

joanied
09-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Which reminds me, a regular sized bottle of Jim Beam went up from $15 to $22 at the local liquor store....because he can. The only other liquor store closed. Not fair at all. I had to buy Gallo burgundy, which isn't bad, but not the same.

:lol: ...are you surprised, jog?!! Everything has gone up in price...especially the things we call 'luxury items'...like liquor & beer...hell, we grow the malt barley that Budweiser uses for their beer...and we can't afford to drink the stuff!!
Try the Gallo Pisano wine...it's good, not as heavy as the burgundy:)

jognlope
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
:lol: I gotta have a beer today...

joanied
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
:lol: I gotta have a beer today...

Make it a Bud;)