PDA

View Full Version : BEL SUN

SAL
09-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Picks for Belmont Sunday

R2 #2 Nonna Mia - Gets lasix today, a positive move for this barn. Pressed the pace on an off surface

in debut for a barn that's not known for firing first time out. Expect better today

R3 #6 Groomedforvictory - Lack of pace in this heat will work in his favor. His best races figwise

have come at this oval.

R4 #8 Favorite Colors - Gets a barn upgrade via private sale. Jock that has done the best with him

stays on board. Noteworthy drill a few days ago.

R5 #1 Military Star - Looks awful tough in this group at odds on.

R6 #6 Asphalt - Expecting this one to move forward on new surface. Barn does well with this move, gets

Dominguez today. Noteworthy drill since debut.

R7 #5 Flying Dismount - Goes for new barn today. Had a horrible trip in last, and now returns to a

course that he's previously won on. Also gets Dominguez today.

R8 #8 Haka - Should be tough here after running well in graded stakes on poly. Ran well in only turf

try, and bred royally for the sod. Ran Well in debut so she shows she runs well fresh.

R9 #1 You Go West Girl - Well traveled runner has run well at Belmont in the past. I think the pace

should be honest enough so a good trip will probably put her in the mix.

R10 #5 Paniolo - Gets blinks and a new jock for todays trip. Had a bit of trouble in his debut, and it

doesn't seem he was pushed thereafter. Look for better today at a price.

Marshall Bennett
09-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Early Pick 4 : 2,3,4,7 / 2,4,5,6 / 1,4,5 / 1 @$48
Late Pick 4 : 1,3,5,8 / 1,2,3,8 / 7 / 2,4,6,7 @$64

CapperLou
09-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Wondered where you have been etc. Nice to see you posting some picks!
You have always been a talented handicapper in my book and I always like
your comments. Good luck today!!

CapperLou
09-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Very Nice!!!

You Go West Gal 12.00 had everything going for it--inside today and I think a lot of value at 5-1.

cees with dees
09-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Hey Sal. Super nice job.
I read through your post and you have tremendous insight.
I think the only place we disagreed all day was with Military Star and even he in hindsight, fought the rider a long way never getting settled or comfortable and was under the gun in a very fast pace from the getgo.
Anyway, again, great job and keep posting please.
Ben