PDA

View Full Version : New Equibase Feature Is Awesome!

Thomas Roulston
09-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Now you can view historical charts of all North American races for free, in case you didn't know.

At first they provided them back as far as 1999; then later they added the years going back to 1991.

Wonder if they will add still more years?

Cratos
09-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Now you can view historical charts of all North American races for free, in case you didn't know.

At first they provided them back as far as 1999; then later they added the years going back to 1991.

I don’t think that they can without rebuilding their database because It was in the early nineties that Equibase and the DRF came together as collaborating data agencies.

Also at that time, Equibase became the “official keeper” of thoroughbred racing data in North America.

However I believe that the DRF database might extend much further back than the Equibase database and it will be interesting to see whether the DRF ever open its database of charts for free access by the public.

Java Gold@TFT
09-20-2009, 02:57 PM

BRIS and DRF did it before Equibase. You can find BRIS charts for free here:

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/archives_pdf.cgi?type=arc

1991 is everyone's cut off point so far.

andymays
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM
BRIS and DRF did it before Equibase. You can find BRIS charts for free here:

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/archives_pdf.cgi?type=arc

1991 is everyone's cut off point so far.

Some of the payoffs are not accurate from the one I pulled. Not a big deal!

FenceBored
09-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Some of the payoffs are not accurate from the one I pulled. Not a big deal!

Were they larger than you received at the time? Wonder if the track would pay the difference if asked? :D

andymays
09-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Were they larger than you received at the time? Wonder if the track would pay the difference if asked? :D

Pick 6 was listed at $99999 or something like that. It was at Santa Anita on October 8th 1994. Brisnet and Equibase were fairly new at the time so maybe that's why. When I hit it I didn't save the charts so I was glad to hear they were available. Without the price it kind of takes away from the fun of it.

rwwupl
09-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Pick 6 was listed at $99999 or something like that. It was at Santa Anita on October 8th 1994. Brisnet and Equibase were fairly new at the time so maybe that's why. When I hit it I didn't save the charts so I was glad to hear they were available. Without the price it kind of takes away from the fun of it.

Andy, I stopped playing the pick six in 1994 when I discovered it takes more than a $16.00 ticket to have much chance. I have hit my share previous to that. I know you hit a monster that day from word of mouth. I never did know how much you spent on that particular ticket.

At any rate, I wish you many more, and I hope the next monster is soon. :ThmbUp:

andymays
09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Andy, I stopped playing the pick six in 1994 when I discovered it takes more than a $16.00 ticket to have much chance. I have hit my share previous to that. I know you hit a monster that day from word of mouth. I never did know how much you spent on that particular ticket.

At any rate, I wish you many more, and I hope the next monster is soon. :ThmbUp:

$8 Ticket!

I don't know about any more in the near future. I'm gonna lay off for a while. The more I learn about the politics of the game and the people involved it becomes harder to take it seriously. Thanks for the good wishes though.