PDA

View Full Version : Today at Belmont

cees with dees
09-19-2009, 09:00 AM
I really hope the first race stays intact because David Jacobson, as much as I don't like him, has the chance to put perfect use to an entry here.
King Bo Bo, in a rare move for Jacobson, goes up in class while out of jail and adds blinkers after a brutal trip going two turns at Saratoga.
This race is packed with speed and Global Effect should be on the engine to secure a very fast pace.
Galan Fete was disappointing in last but gets the right setup today and deserves another chance. Sprint at Fair Grounds puts him right in the mix.
Lion Kingdom may also benefit but will really have to come up big to get to Bo Bo.
Making an exacta box here on 1,5,8. Then pressing the entry back and forth with those two, betting the entry across the board hoping they both make it and wheeling them on top of the exacta for a few bucks.
Also making a pick 3 play: 1,5,8/ALL/4,5 1/ALL/4,5
The second needs no input from me but the third is a great race.
Mr. Bourbon Street takes a huge drop in class after several tough trips. Should sit a great trip possessing positional speed and should get first run on a likely speed duel.
Chief Export is a Contessa reclaim and has tons of back class. Another who should be firing in the lane.
In the 4th, Meadow Saffron gets tested for class but is a superior filly when allowed the front. Should be able to set a cake walk pace but still must hold off some serious competition.
Social Queen in my opinion is just as good as Rutherienne and will be 5 times her price today. The latter is no slouch but as odds on, must go against.
In the 5th, seperate the 1,2,3 and you're a better man than me.
Simple Western may turn out to be a great claim. She raced very well in turf debut off the claim and now draws inside with only 2 rivals that count.
Casa Di Vino also raced well last time while going long for the first time and goes out for a low profile trainer who is much better than his stats show.
This one should be tighter today and can certainly get it done with the right trip. They all have to beat Es Mia who is also a nice turf filly but is likely to be overbet. Can't toss her but would love to beat her.
In the 6th, Lemon Cream Pie may get loose here and has a world of talent. Third start since long layoff should have her set for best at a good price.
In the 7th, Pavarotti's Soul possesses at least some positional speed, something severely lacking in this field. Lezcano a plus as well and may have these over a barrel at a good price.
In the Futurity, tough to find anything to beat D'Funnybone who absolutely jogged in her first start for Dutrow. Beautiful work for this and impossible to play against.
In the 9th, Worstcasescenario is talented, drawn well and the only multiple winner in the field. Next.
In the finale, Scientist looks much better on paper than he actually is. Can obviously win this but outside draw in paceless race tough to overcome and will be using but using 4 others.
Double Domino needed last in a big way and should be super tough with any type of ground saving trip.
Too Amenable has tremendous ability and versatility. A must use in pick 4's.
Three Bridge Road had tough trip in last at the Spa. Must overcome several obstacles here but price will be right.
Livin Large obviously likes the grass but barn off to a hideous start and have had several contenders, none of which lifted a leg.
If you are short on cash, this would be the one to toss out of the 5.
Good luck to all today.
Ben

cees with dees
09-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Scratches in the first changes things up a bit but not as much as I thought.
With the scratch of the 1, Jacobson must really like King Bo Bo even without a rabbit.
Persian now becomes the clear inside speed and though dropping, Sullivan Lane is the one owner that Dutrow wins with with this move.
Going to box 1,3 and make a good win and place bet on the 1.
Pick 3's are 1,3/ALL/4,5
Ben

cees with dees
09-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Even with the scratch of the entrymate, King Bo Bo still took significant early money.
I really love this horse today.
Ben

firstoffclaim
09-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Some very nice calls in there, congrats