PDA

View Full Version : NTRA Breeders' Cup Blogs

Stevie Belmont
09-18-2009, 09:28 PM
On The NTRA.Com Home page there is a link to 14 bloggers that have been covering each Breeders's Cup race. Members from the Thoroughbred Bloggers Alliance are the ones writing the articles.

I posted my first article today, and the race I have choses to cover is the Breeders' Cup Turf. I had my reason, and it's a great international race.

You can check mine out and others as well here...

http://www.ntra.com/blog.aspx?blogid=39

ghostyapper
09-18-2009, 10:24 PM
I didn't realize Better talk now was not making the trip to SA this year and that oct 3rd would be his last career start. I hope nyra alerts the public to this and at least do what they did for evening attire (even though I know he's not a nyra hero like evening attire was)

Nice write up steve.

Stevie Belmont
09-21-2009, 09:38 AM
From everything I have read and heard the Joe Hirsh Turf Classic is Better Talk Now's final race. Things can change. I do think though, the time could be right to call it a career. Horse has done some great things in his career and it just comes a time to say that's it. He will retire a champion and if it all goes right, he could go out a winner.

joanied
09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
From everything I have read and heard the Joe Hirsh Turf Classic is Better Talk Now's final race. Things can change. I do think though, the time could be right to call it a career. Horse has done some great things in his career and it just comes a time to say that's it. He will retire a champion and if it all goes right, he could go out a winner.

Too lazy to look it up...when is the Hirsh being run?? I also hope the old boy can retire a winner in his last race...what is he now...I beleive 10 years old? What a great horse he's been...we don't get to follow many anymore that stay around as long as he has...and yeah...they'll need to do a Better Talk Now day for him...he deserves it.

joanied
09-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey StevieB...should read your blog first...and I shoulda known the Hirsh is Oct 3rd :blush: ...I can't wait!!
Great blog, my man...and thanks for the head's up...I woulda missed it...and I am going to read the other blogs to...but, yours is the best!!

be interesting to see if Sea the Stars comes over and wether or not it'll be the Classic or Turf...and to see what they decide for Gio Ponti...IMO, I'd keep them both on the turf:)

Stevie Belmont
09-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Please...I don't know about that — but thanks for the compliment. I never claimed to be a writer, but somehow that's what I am doing.

I think I will do a nice write up on Better Talk Now for the next one. Still have 6-weeks until the BC. Seems like a long time.

Still have to do at least 4 or 5 more of these.

Doc
09-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Your first two sentences are confusing:

"The Breeders' Cup Turf is one of the biggest and most prestigious races on Breeder's Cup Day. It is run prior to biggest race of the day, and it is the final race of the Breeders' Cup card, the Breeders' Cup Classic."

Don't they have editors at NTRA to clean some of this stuff up? The blog entry itself is good, but the first two sentences are awkward.