PDA

View Full Version : Wolfe Blitzer gets destroyed on Jeopardy

JustRalph
09-18-2009, 07:54 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/09/18/video-the-obligatory-wolf-blitzer-utterly-destroyed-on-celebrity-jeopardy-clip/

from the link:

When I heard that it was Andy Richter who did the destroying, I assumed it must have been a bit from Conan’s show. The script writes itself: Starring Andy as the goofball who turns out to be a genius and featuring a cameo by the professorial Blitzer as a sort of Brick Tamland character. Nope, no bit; this is totally for realsies. He stays above water until about five minutes in, when he names, um, Jerusalem as Jesus’s birthplace. It’s all downhill from there.

Anyone can have one bad game, though, right? Maybe not: Watch the second clip, recorded during the rehearsal, and behold as he flames out there too. Wait ’til you see what the Final Jeopardy question was that he blanked on. Needless to say, my faith in the total intellectual superiority of the mainstream media has been shattered.

UcWs-MFOQWQ&

Hit the main link to watch the 2nd clip

bigmack
09-18-2009, 08:13 PM
What is fettuccini? :lol:

ArlJim78
09-18-2009, 10:17 PM
how embarrassing. the category is words with three E's and the clue is where was Jesus born. He answers Jerusalem! and get this, he used to work in Israel.

he comes off as a real dim bulb. I bet Anderson Cooper would do even worse.

Greyfox
09-18-2009, 10:57 PM
I bet Anderson Cooper would do even worse.

I'll bet Erica Hill wouldn't. Do worse that is.

dutchboy
09-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Wonder about Blitzer's answer to the question about the name of the Japanese beef cut. I have never heard it pronounced with an e at the end.

I have only heard it pronounced by top food writers and top chefs as if it was spelled Kobay.

It could have been a skit from SNL. Amusing the host blamed the speed of buzzing in for his poor performance.

Tom
09-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Ralph, what do you expect?
He never got any e mails with the answers and he didn't have the earphone to get clues from the staff.

Andy Richter, new host of the Situation Room.

Mack - fettuccini? Wolfie's brains!:lol:

Bochall
09-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Wolf was born during the first gulf war and Greta van speechimpediment was born during the OJ trial....timing, not skill, has been the key to their careers. Wasnt Dan Rather born during the Veetnam war???

dutchboy
09-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Wolf was born during the first gulf war and Greta van speechimpediment was born during the OJ trial....timing, not skill, has been the key to their careers. Wasnt Dan Rather born during the Veetnam war???

Rather got his break in 1962 when reporting on hurricane carla in 1962. Later was his reporting on the Kennedy assasination. On one of his broadcasts during the assasination coverage he stated that school children in Dallas cheered when told Kennedy had been shot. Problem was that the children were not told Kennedy had been shot but they were cheering because they were told school would be closed early. The local CBS station was upset enough with Rathers broadcast report they kicked Rather and his crew out of their temporary workspace.

I think he also claimed to have seen the Zabruder film and claimed that Kennedy's head went forward when shot which started the theory of multiple shooters with one behind Kennedy when the film actually showed his head going backward.

Tom
09-19-2009, 11:19 AM
"Totally destroyed, embarrassed, left for dead, unable to defend oneself"

"What is Blitzer?"

toetoe
09-19-2009, 12:46 PM
multiple shooters

Danny Boy's lunch fare of choice, maybe ?

toetoe
09-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Was Maria Bartiromo involved ? And'son Coopaphrage 360, maybe ?

Jay Trotter
09-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Anderson Cooper is actually a Jeopardy Champ!

how embarrassing. the category is words with three E's and the clue is where was Jesus born. He answers Jerusalem! and get this, he used to work in Israel.

he comes off as a real dim bulb. I bet Anderson Cooper would do even worse.

DJofSD
09-19-2009, 01:25 PM
What is fettuccini? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a rube.

ArlJim78
09-19-2009, 01:51 PM

you don't say?

I did not know that.

dutchboy
09-19-2009, 05:24 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/16/jeopardy/index.html

Read the article and the list of contestants he beat. Title of Jeopardy Champ may be a stretch.

It was a fund raiser for the Heart Assoc I believe.

bigmack
09-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I hadn't realized they do a rehearsal show prior to the actual. Blitzer failed that miserably as well. Not one right. :lol:

http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4ab55f40ffca0880/4ab39d657e64689d/d480e36d/-cpid/8a422735d386ae3f