PDA

View Full Version : Payoff Standards

Pell Mell
09-18-2009, 08:03 AM
I know this may sound like nit-picking but it's a pain in the butt. Why can't all the tracks post the payoffs to either $1 or $2? It was always for a $2 bet but now most tracks accept bets of $1 on exotics and some even let you bet $1 to win. When making tallies after a period of time one must check as to whether the payoff was to $1 or $2.

If they can't even get together on that than how can we expect them to be together on anything?:bang:

ghostyapper
09-18-2009, 09:07 AM
They post with the payout whether it is for $1 or $2. If you're betting a track I'm sure you already know how they display the payouts.

Pell Mell
09-18-2009, 09:40 AM
They post with the payout whether it is for $1 or $2. If you're betting a track I'm sure you already know how they display the payouts.

I know that.
I still think it would simplify matters if they all used one or the other.

takeout
09-18-2009, 11:28 AM
If they can't even get together on that than how can we expect them to be together on anything?:bang:
Exactly. Speaks volumes to how screwed up things are. Unfortunately it’s just one example in a seemingly never-ending list.

Imriledup
09-19-2009, 12:27 AM
I know this may sound like nit-picking but it's a pain in the butt. Why can't all the tracks post the payoffs to either $1 or $2? It was always for a $2 bet but now most tracks accept bets of $1 on exotics and some even let you bet $1 to win. When making tallies after a period of time one must check as to whether the payoff was to $1 or $2.

I've been SCREAMING about this on every single 'pet peeve' thread.

TVGvil is guilty of this too, they'll continue to show 2 dollar prices on So Cal races even though So Cal themselves always posts prices on one dollar base bets in one dollar increments. TVG shows you the TWO dollar price.

Wonderful, lets see the 2 dollar superfecta price when NO ONE bets a 2 dollar superfecta. No one goes to the window and says "i'll have a 2 dollar super part wheel yada yada yada". its either 10 cents and repeat 9 times or 1 dollar and repeat x times. No one starts off betting a 2 dollar super.