PDA

View Full Version : Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance

Secretariat
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090917/hl_nm/us_usa_healthcare_deaths

"Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Nearly 45,000 people die in the United States each year -- one every 12 minutes -- in large part because they lack health insurance and can not get good care, Harvard Medical School researchers found in an analysis released on Thursday.

"We're losing more Americans every day because of inaction ... than drunk driving and homicide combined," Dr. David Himmelstein, a co-author of the study and an associate professor of medicine at Harvard, said in an interview with Reuters.

Overall, researchers said American adults age 64 and younger who lack health insurance have a 40 percent higher risk of death than those who have coverage."

juanepstein
09-17-2009, 09:39 PM
how many people with health insurance die each year?

lamboguy
09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
how many people with health insurance die each year? i would love to lay you 2-1 that there is at least 10 times more people that die with the insurance than without.

most people walk out of the hospital worse off than before they went in the clip joint!

boxcar
09-17-2009, 10:46 PM
I betcha more people have died from Marxism in one year than all those with and without health care combined in this country.

Boxcar

Tom
09-17-2009, 11:27 PM
:sleeping:
Someone sell that man some land in Florida.

dartman51
09-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Kind of convient, dont't you think?? HARVARD? Obama's school? his friend, Henery Gates.....They just happen to come out with this revelation while Obama's trying to push his HC program. I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of that left wing school.:ThmbDown:

NJ Stinks
09-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Kind of convient, dont't you think?? HARVARD? Obama's school? his friend, Henery Gates.....They just happen to come out with this revelation while Obama's trying to push his HC program. I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of that left wing school.:ThmbDown:

And don't forget the Volunteers can beat the hell out of the Crimson on the gridiron 7 days a week! :jump:

dartman51
09-18-2009, 12:08 AM
And don't forget the Volunteers can beat the hell out of the Crimson on the gridiron 7 days a week! :jump:

I really wouldn't care one way or the other. I'm from Missouri. Go TIGERS!!:jump:

mostpost
09-18-2009, 12:41 AM
That is one of the most illogical statements/questions in an almost unending series of illogical statements/questions coming from the right.
The 45,00 died BECAUSE they did not have health insurance; BECAUSE they could not get treatment.
Those who died with health insurance died in spite of that fact; after receiving treatment which was ineffective for one reason or another. And many, many people are alive BECAUSE they have health insurance and were able to get treatment.

NOTE TO PA: Notice that I did not write "Dumbest" statement even though I really, really wanted to. Aren't you proud of me? ;)

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2009, 01:05 AM
The 45,00 died BECAUSE they did not have health insurance; BECAUSE they could not get treatment.This study is right up there with Carter claiming the "You lie" statement was caused by racism.

NOTE TO PA: Notice that I did not write "Dumbest" statement even though I really, really wanted to. Aren't you proud of me? ;)Actually, I'm embarrassed for you that you even feel the need to write that.

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2009, 01:07 AM
I believe this study might be the left's equivalent of "yellow cake from Niger."

What do ya'll think?

mostpost
09-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Actually, I'm embarrassed for you that you even feel the need to write that.
I am hurt. :(

boxcar
09-18-2009, 01:28 AM
I am hurt. :(

You and Nancy should pool your tears and when y'all cried a river collectively, go skinny dipping together in it. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Quagmire
09-18-2009, 06:19 AM
You and Nancy should pool your tears and when y'all cried a river collectively, go skinny dipping together in it. :rolleyes:

Boxcar
http://static.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2009/08/BeckCrying_1f6ab.jpg

LottaKash
09-18-2009, 10:30 AM

The study failed to mention that the #1 cause of death is America is "Hospitals and Doctors"....and those people "had" insurance....

best,

Tom
09-18-2009, 11:21 AM
The study failed to mention that the #1 cause of death is America is "Hospitals and Doctors"....and those people "had" insurance....

best,

This looks bad for Sec and 46......:lol:

46zilzal
09-18-2009, 11:49 AM

best,
Iatrogenic medical problems have always been there but the NUMBER ONE cause? I sincerely doubt that. If measurable, I would guess it would be the delay in diagnosis many are subject to when they know they can't pay for the care.

Hospitals are another thing altogether: many are run miserably by marginally trained vocational nurses who are pumped out of private diploma mills with little real training. It is truly astounding the responsibilities assigned to many of these overworked tyro's without the "sixth sense" that experience teaches you on the wards.

NJ Stinks
09-18-2009, 11:59 AM
http://static.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2009/08/BeckCrying_1f6ab.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Tom
09-18-2009, 12:50 PM
More people die in hospitals and with doctors than have died due to waterboarding or other forms of enhanced interagatoin.

46zilzal
09-18-2009, 12:53 PM
More people die in hospitals and with doctors than have died due to waterboarding or other forms of enhanced interrogation.
Absolutely brilliant (but considering the source hardly a surprise) since just about all of them IN A HOSPITAL are ill, other than the test areas (labs, x-ray) and maternity

Tom
09-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Absolutely brilliant (but considering the source hardly a surprise)

Thank you!

Secretariat
09-18-2009, 05:04 PM
:lol: :lol:

Is that Tom, Jerry Falweel, or Glen Beckerhead having a bowel movement?

:lol: :lol: :lol: