PDA

View Full Version : Rescue of Pvt. Jessica Lynch

LutherCalvin
05-24-2003, 12:17 PM
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed;
If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

The first casualty of war is the truth." -Anonymous

Jessica Lynch is the feel good story of the war and the stuff that myth is made of. I can't wait to see the Made for TV movie, and I'm sure that the Nielsen ratings will go through the roof. I think that the truth about her rescue will never be completely known and therefore subject to the prism of our subjective mindsets. It is odd that that the rescue was "filmed". Sorta reminds me of the ATF raid on David Koresh's Waco complex. The government attempted to increase the funding for the Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms agency by showing a successful, glitzy raid which ultimately backfired. When Lynch was rescued the Pentagon was under a lot of media criticism for underestimating the strength of the Iraqi resistance and criticised for poor military planning involving long supply lines. So it wouldn't surprise me that they would capitalize on the Lynch rescue to counteract negative media reporting.

spotwinshow
06-03-2003, 11:51 AM
What? She is being drugged up and her family threatened to shut her up! Her group's calls for help while being attacked were probably ignored like they did in Somolia!