PDA

View Full Version : Non racing TVG gripe (Humor-sort of)

BlueShoe
09-17-2009, 02:58 PM
We have raked TVG over the coals about their racing coverage for what seems like forever,but this is not about racing.Something on their broadcasts has become a large pain in the rear end for this viewer.One of their major sponsors is some loan shark/credit fixer outfit,their commercials run several times each day.As part of their commercials,they play scenes of the one and only Barack Obama featuring one of his spin speeches.Did Obummer get paid by this outfit for using his bs?Does he perhaps receive a fee each time it is aired?Or is his speech considered in the public domain and usuable by anyone?My policy since he has taken office is to refuse to watch or listen to his speeches,and to start pushing buttons on the remote whenever he comes on.It seems as if I cant get away from this man,he is everwhere,just like Big Brother.Billy Mays was bad enough,but now we get Barack Obama in between races.Thanks for nothing TVG,we racing fans just love a little politics mixed in with our favorite pastime,dont we?

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
I noticed that myself and wondered if it was legal to do such a thing...I guess the super-fine print at the bottom of the screen covers their ass.

Marshall Bennett
09-18-2009, 06:50 AM
A scandal involving Obama and TVG ? Priceless . :lol:

jballscalls
09-18-2009, 10:11 AM
How great would it be if TVG showed part of an Obama speech instead of the last race at Belmont one day and then showed the race on tape delay. People on this site, gamblers and off topic folks would riot the streets!

rokitman
09-18-2009, 11:04 AM
We have raked TVG over the coals about their racing coverage for what seems like forever,but this is not about racing.Something on their broadcasts has become a large pain in the rear end for this viewer.One of their major sponsors is some loan shark/credit fixer outfit,their commercials run several times each day.As part of their commercials,they play scenes of the one and only Barack Obama featuring one of his spin speeches.Did Obummer get paid by this outfit for using his bs?Does he perhaps receive a fee each time it is aired?Or is his speech considered in the public domain and usuable by anyone?My policy since he has taken office is to refuse to watch or listen to his speeches,and to start pushing buttons on the remote whenever he comes on.It seems as if I cant get away from this man,he is everwhere,just like Big Brother.Billy Mays was bad enough,but now we get Barack Obama in between races.Thanks for nothing TVG,we racing fans just love a little politics mixed in with our favorite pastime,dont we?
That ad, and the incessant running of it, has really pissed me off.

Bochall
09-18-2009, 11:12 AM
A scandal involving Obama and TVG ? Priceless . :lol: A scandal Marshall? Really, a SCANDAL? Its some sort of lousy ad, NOT a scandal. Have you been watching Jane Velez Mitchell and Nancy Grace or something...a scandal..HA!:ThmbDown:

GaryG
09-18-2009, 11:50 AM
How great would it be if TVG showed part of an Obama speech instead of the last race at Belmont one day and then showed the race on tape delay. People on this site, gamblers and off topic folks would riot the streets!That could easily happen. They often delay races for commercials, usually (I think) their own promos. I have been a lot calmer during the afternoons since I started just watching on TwinSpires. Plus you get post parade coverage.

Marshall Bennett
09-18-2009, 12:05 PM
A scandal Marshall? Really, a SCANDAL? Its some sort of lousy ad, NOT a scandal. Have you been watching Jane Velez Mitchell and Nancy Grace or something...a scandal..HA!:ThmbDown:
Was meant to be a joke . Sorry I excited you .

jballscalls
09-18-2009, 12:32 PM
That could easily happen. They often delay races for commercials, usually (I think) their own promos. I have been a lot calmer during the afternoons since I started just watching on TwinSpires. Plus you get post parade coverage.

Thats why i love when people complain about hrtv and tvg, there are about 20 other ways to watch races, but they are paying for a channel and service, certainly their right to complain.

Quagmire
09-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I heard that Joe Biden will be filling in for Mr. B this weekend.

Tom
09-18-2009, 12:52 PM
ALL races on tape delay.....Joe will never shut up by post time!:lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2009, 06:56 PM
A scandal Marshall? Really, a SCANDAL? Its some sort of lousy ad, NOT a scandal. Have you been watching Jane Velez Mitchell and Nancy Grace or something...a scandal..HA!:ThmbDown:Wow...in the words of Matt C....."That was aggressive..."

BlueShoe
09-19-2009, 11:16 AM
I heard that Joe Biden will be filling in for Mr. B this weekend.
And Nancy Pelosi will be guest hosting for TVG Nancy.Even more exciting,Rachel Maddow will be appearing for Christina on occasion.Station managers have also contracted with Rosie O"Donnell,but at this time have not released details as to what her duties will be.

cj's dad
09-19-2009, 11:20 AM
And Nancy Pelosi will be guest hosting for TVG Nancy.Even more exciting,Rachel Maddow will be appearing for Christina on occasion.Station managers have also contracted with Rosie O"Donnell,but at this time have not released details as to what her duties will be.

She'll be doing filly and mare races only !

Tom
09-19-2009, 11:24 AM
She'll be doing filly and mare races only !

And only on ARTIFICIAL- plastic- surfaces.

BlueShoe
09-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Lets see now,we will have Pelosi as in studio director/host since she likes to run things.A natural team of analysts would be old Joe with Matty.Fun to see just who out talks the other.Maddow will do paddock interviews with gay owner/trainers only,and O'Donnell will handle the ontrack rundown for filly and mare races.:)

Tom
09-19-2009, 12:10 PM
And, like in real life, hardly anyone will watch. Most will look to HRTV to provide fair and balanced racing! They will hire only air-head buxom babes and no one will care.:D