PDA

View Full Version : One hates to see this

46zilzal
09-17-2009, 02:18 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/17/monti.medal.of.honor/index.html

Too bad the fellow had to die rather than utilize his obvious good nature doing something worthwhile.

What a G.D. waste of life

ArlJim78
09-17-2009, 02:31 PM
i hate to see stories like this pulled up, by people who don't give a damn about people in the military. only to make a mockery of their service by labeling their sacrifice as not worthwhile.

one also hates to see viable fetuses ripped to shreds, but we know in your case that you find that A-OK because they're nothing more than parasites. how about a little consistency to go with your immense passion for not wasting a life.

Tom
09-17-2009, 02:38 PM

Too bad the fellow had to die rather than utilize his obvious good nature doing something worthwhile.

"I remember him saying that Bradbury was his guy, so he was going to be the one to go get him back and bring him back to us," says James.

But with bullets flying, Monti had to take cover. He ran out a second time, but the enemy fire got more intense, so he stopped and yelled for help. Risking his life yet again, he then ran out a third time to try to save Bradbury.

It don't get an more worthwhile than this.
He was there because he volunteered. He died because he put his duty above all else.

God Bless him and others like him.

boxcar
09-17-2009, 02:39 PM

You compassion rings as hollow as your soulless, heartless body. You're a despicable excuse for a human being.

Boxcar

Quagmire
09-17-2009, 02:40 PM
It don't get an more worthwhile than this.
He was there because he volunteered. He died because he put his duty above all else.

God Bless him and others like him.

On that we can agree :ThmbUp:

lsbets
09-17-2009, 02:42 PM

I can think of nothing more worthwhile than what he did.

He was a finer man than a bitter, tiny man like you could ever hope to be.

46zilzal
09-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Sounded like a good person who could have done some good HERE where he lived, not an asterisk in a useless conflict, that, like the majority of them this past century, will accomplish NOTHING but making the arms dealers more and more money.

Only 34 years old

Show Me the Wire
09-17-2009, 02:53 PM

What does the "G.D." mean?

ArlJim78
09-17-2009, 02:59 PM
If you want to make an anti war comment or thread fine. don't forget to call Obama on the carpet for upping the anti on the Afghan war, changing the rules of engagement, requiring that we read Miranda rights, etc. but don't make an antiwar statement on the back of a medal of honor winner who lost his life saving others.

Show Me the Wire
09-17-2009, 03:11 PM
If you want to make an anti war comment or thread fine. don't forget to call Obama on the carpet for upping the anti on the Afghan war, changing the rules of engagement, requiring that we read Miranda rights, etc. but don't make an antiwar statement on the back of a medal of honor winner who lost his life saving others.

:ThmbUp:

I wonder why Obama does not qualify for the multiiple daily postings referring to him as a clown, joke, liar and yes, a rutabaga from zilly, since Obama is basically applying the same policies as Bush?

boxcar
09-17-2009, 03:32 PM
:ThmbUp:

I wonder why Obama does not qualify for the multiiple daily postings referring to him as a clown, joke, liar and yes, a rutabaga from zilly, since Obama is basically applying the same policies as Bush?

No need to wonder. The answer is simple. 46er needs to be politically correct to avoid the racist label.

Boxcar

Tom
09-17-2009, 03:33 PM
What does the "G.D." mean?

Goofy Doctor

Greyfox
09-17-2009, 03:43 PM

I'm not so sure that is what Zil intended to do.
I took his comments to put a human face on the war.
That brings it closer to home, than just talking about a war over there.
I think Zil has made a good point: "What a G.D. waste of life."

I agree with you too ArlJim78.
Obama's handling of the war to date has not been ideal.
The Taliban have increased their insurgence.
The goals of the military seem pretty fuzzy and for whatever reason have been kept of the Front Pages of Media.
There seems to be no exit plan.
Afghans who are not under Taliban control seem to be growing more dependent on allied troops.
The Government there is corrupt to the core.
The Police there are corrupt to the core.
What nation building is going on outside of one or two cities? Virtually none.
The highway between Kabul and Kandahar is under Taliban control.
Oh, hundreds of U.S. millions were spent building it.
The whole fiasco is a mess and for what end? So they can ship poppys that will supply Taliban with more funding to buy more bullets to kill more U.S. soldiers. .
Any loss of life from hereon in that rock pile is a G.D. waste.
It's a human tragedy being played out in our times.

boxcar
09-17-2009, 03:48 PM

So is abortion -- but even on a worse level! So...what is your point again?

Boxcar

xtb
09-17-2009, 03:53 PM

Why do you invoke the name of a "mythical being"?

Greyfox
09-17-2009, 04:06 PM
So is abortion -- but even on a worse level! So...what is your point again?

Boxcar

Not biting. The above would take us down another boxcar side-rail track.

46zilzal
09-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Why do you invoke the name of a "mythical being"?
A common term in the vernacular to express exasperation. Could just as easily phrased it ten other ways to include or exclude that same mythical being. who, over the centuries, strangely, changed sexes.

Hank
09-17-2009, 04:22 PM
You compassion rings as hollow as your soulless, heartless body. You're a despicable excuse for a human being.

Boxcar

Kinda like your piousness huh.

NJ Stinks
09-17-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm not so sure that is what Zil intended to do.
I took his comments to put a human face on the war.
That brings it closer to home, than just talking about a war over there.
I think Zil has made a good point: "What a G.D. waste of life."

I agree with you too ArlJim78.
Obama's handling of the war to date has not been ideal.
The Taliban have increased their insurgence.
The goals of the military seem pretty fuzzy and for whatever reason have been kept of the Front Pages of Media.
There seems to be no exit plan.
Afghans who are not under Taliban control seem to be growing more dependent on allied troops.
The Government there is corrupt to the core.
The Police there are corrupt to the core.
What nation building is going on outside of one or two cities? Virtually none.
The highway between Kabul and Kandahar is under Taliban control.
Oh, hundreds of U.S. millions were spent building it.
The whole fiasco is a mess and for what end? So they can ship poppys that will supply Taliban with more funding to buy more bullets to kill more U.S. soldiers. .
Any loss of life from hereon in that rock pile is a G.D. waste.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
09-17-2009, 06:50 PM
An American Hero stained by a Canadian runoff............what are the odds.?

I thank the Sgt's family for raising a fine man and a patriot.

cj's dad
09-17-2009, 09:23 PM

I will be the first to admit that I disagree with this guy 99.999% of the time but I will say that he is consistent in his opposition to war and the loss of lives inherent with same.

Warren Henry
09-17-2009, 10:40 PM
I will be the first to admit that I disagree with this guy 99.999% of the time but I will say that he is consistent in his opposition to war and the loss of lives inherent with same.
Unfortunately, Zilly's discontent is a one size fits all argument.

If we all follwed his path, those of us who might be blond with blue eyes would speak German. All others would be taking that dirt nap.

Sorry, he gets no pass for consistency.

boxcar
09-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Kinda like your piousness huh.

Actually, a lot more like your hypocrisy.

Boxcar

boxcar
09-18-2009, 12:12 AM
A common term in the vernacular to express exasperation. Could just as easily phrased it ten other ways to include or exclude that same mythical being. who, over the centuries, strangely, changed sexes.

XTB, Here's the real reason 46er profaned God's name:

Rom 1:18-23

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks; but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.
NASB

This passage really nails it doesn't it? You name the human philosophy or world view and its in here -- Human Secularism, Materialism, Evolution and Environmentalism. They can run from God, but they can't hide from him. They can deny him, but his justice will not be denied. The foolish can say there is no God, but his law is written in their hearts and from this there is no escape.

Boxcar