PDA

View Full Version : Racing2day issues

tag
09-16-2009, 04:47 PM
I asked for a withdrawl last thursday. They said they would mail it out that day and it would take 3-4 business days to get here. I called today after still not receiving the check and they said, it hadnt been mailed yet, but they would get it put it in the mail today. I then asked for it Next Day Air but they said they didnt have that option. What kind of business are they running? Anyone else have problems with these guys?

lamboguy
09-16-2009, 05:09 PM
I asked for a withdrawl last thursday. They said they would mail it out that day and it would take 3-4 business days to get here. I called today after still not receiving the check and they said, it hadnt been mailed yet, but they would get it put it in the mail today. I then asked for it Next Day Air but they said they didnt have that option. What kind of business are they running? Anyone else have problems with these guys?please explain what type of operation this is, is it onshore or offshore?

tag
09-16-2009, 05:23 PM
please explain what type of operation this is, is it onshore or offshore?

onshore. in oregon and a sponser of this site as you can see by a couple of stickies in some of the forums advertising a free initial $25 for joining.

turfnsport
09-16-2009, 06:42 PM
I asked for a withdrawl last thursday. They said they would mail it out that day and it would take 3-4 business days to get here. I called today after still not receiving the check and they said, it hadnt been mailed yet, but they would get it put it in the mail today. I then asked for it Next Day Air but they said they didnt have that option. What kind of business are they running? Anyone else have problems with these guys?

I'd suggest using some patience.

Dave Schwartz
09-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I'd suggest using some patience.

I think he has already been patient.

"Check is going today" and "check not sent a week later" would have already worn my patience.

ADWs hold our money. That makes any promise or statement they make very sensitive.
They need to keep their promises.

I recall when Premier forgot to send me a check once. I called, Ian apologized and overnighted the check at their expense. That's what you do when you make a mistake.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

lamboguy
09-16-2009, 07:42 PM
it seems like there are alot of new adw's out there. there is a 15% drop in handle year to year. the point i am trying to make is why would anyone even dream of opening up an adw in this type of enviroment.

as far as i know there is supposed to be safeguards for the customer that deals with and adw out of the oregon hub. my understanding is that the adw must have the customer's money in a special account to guarantee his payout.

turfnsport
09-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Dave,
My problem was his statement, "What kind of business are they running? Anyone else have problems with these guys?" which suggests to me he thinks he might not get paid at all.

I'd bet its a customer service issue, and the guy on the phone should not have suggested the check was going out that day. Most ADW's don't send out checks the same day. (A good reason to use ACH).

It's a new ADW and they are bound to have some glitches. That's why I suggested using some patience.

rokitman
09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Just how much experience does it take to be able to send out a check?

betovernetcapper
09-16-2009, 09:11 PM
I recall when Premier forgot to send me a check once. I called, Ian apologized and overnighted the check at their expense. That's what you do when you make a mistake.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

That's what Ian did. There aren't too many like that. We all lost when he left the industry.

Dave Schwartz
09-16-2009, 09:47 PM
My problem was his statement, "What kind of business are they running? Anyone else have problems with these guys?" which suggests to me he thinks he might not get paid at all.
I'd bet its a customer service issue, and the guy on the phone should not have suggested the check was going out that day. Most ADW's don't send out checks the same day. (A good reason to use ACH).

It's a new ADW and they are bound to have some glitches. That's why I suggested using some patience.

As a vendor, I certainly understand patience. Much of our industry, with rare exception, made of small companies.

However, when one is talking about money, patience wears thin very quickly. Kind of like with a bank... even with the FDIC people get scared. And there is no FDIC with ADWs.

I also agree that the support guy probably should not have said, "...go today." But a week is a long time when you are expecting it to go today.

From my perspective, I would think there are only two possible issues...

1. They don't have the money.
2. They just drag their feet in paying.

Can you come up with another?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

tag
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Dave,

I just got through talking to a supervisor. It seems that the lady who originally processed my withdrawal was not supposed to say they would get it in the mail that day. There is normally a 3-5 day processing time.

When I called today looking for my check, I got the same woman. Apparently, she handles the 9-5 shift? She is the one who said they did not do next day air. This, the supervisor told me was not correct. Supervisor says they do do next day air, but it is $35 :eek: and that they discourage it because it is so costly.

My statement of "What kind of business are they running up there.." has more to do with my disbelief that anyone would not have Next Day air as an option for their customers. In this day and age, would you wonder the same thing if you were told that?

Bottom line is that I had a bad experience through a poorly trained employee. I will take my business elswhere as soon as I get my money.

turfnsport
09-16-2009, 10:04 PM
From my perspective, I would think there are only two possible issues...

1. They don't have the money.
2. They just drag their feet in paying.

Can you come up with another?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Yeah,

They are busy weeding out all the multiple accounts with that $25 promotion. :D

Dave Schwartz
09-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Tag,

I realzie that I was hard on the ADW.

However, now that they have responded, IF they do what they say they are going to do - which is to NOW pay you your money promptly, I'd probably allow them one mistake.

The key point here is that they actually HAVE customer service that RESPONDS.

The issue with some ADWs - not usually the big ones - is that they simply put you on ignore. When you find one that doesn't, they are worth holding on to.

Again, just my opinion.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

jballscalls
09-22-2009, 07:15 PM
If the ADW's are hubbed in Oregon, i think they fall under the jurisdiction of the Oregon Racing Commission, and i think they have a lady named Nancy who is in charge of overseeing the adw's that are rooted here. Send the racing commission an email and maybe they can explain some of this??

dutchboy
09-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Dept I work in sends a few million bucks a day electronically to vendors that is received in their bank that night.

Checks are sent if requested via air for delivery before 10am the next day at no charge to the vendor or customer.

I assume ADW's are afraid of the few people who will make a credit card deposit, then withdraw the funds, and then dispute the initial credit card deposit.