PDA

View Full Version : Thread lock ratio

ArlJim78
09-16-2009, 11:24 AM
As of today I've created 153 threads on PA, and 5 of them have ended up being locked, for a healthy (or unhealthy) 3.3%

Can anyone top that percentage?
I guess I bring out the best in people.:D

Dave Schwartz
09-16-2009, 12:02 PM
What's your secret, Jimbo?

lsbets
09-16-2009, 12:22 PM
What's your secret, Jimbo?

The horse buyer likes his threads.

ArlJim78
09-16-2009, 12:25 PM
its looks like one secret is to mention Limbaugh or Rove in the thread name.

3 of my 5 locked threads mention Limbaugh or Rove in the thread name.

Dave Schwartz
09-16-2009, 01:38 PM
I fully expected to see this thread closed (as a joke) before you could answer.

I know I would have.

(But then I have such a sterling sense of humor. ;) )

jballscalls
09-16-2009, 01:57 PM

Limbaugh does a great job of titalating and creating discourse and also creating anger. Thus you bring him up, people are going to get angry because so many people don't like him or his views. and many do like him, so they defend him, and then you get name calling and then whammo, closed

ArlJim78
09-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I fully expected to see this thread closed (as a joke) before you could answer.

I know I would have.

(But then I have such a sterling sense of humor. ;) )
no doubt this thread will end up locked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Show Me the Wire
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Could it be the slewis/ Boxcar dynamics?

Quagmire
09-16-2009, 07:37 PM
no doubt this thread will end up locked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This should help raise your ratio :lol: :lol:

http://washpost.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/kill-whitey.jpg

JustRalph
09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
The horse buyer likes his threads.

is that the Whispering guys crazy uncle?

Rookies
09-16-2009, 07:56 PM

Yep. It's the usual suspect yellers, screamers and loons on the right that defend their ravings and the street smart, Freire trained lefties expose their disengenuousness. Like that Jim... ;) :lol:

ArlJim78
09-16-2009, 08:06 PM
This should help raise your ratio :lol: :lol:

you're not helping things there quagmire, gonna get me locked again!:D

Yep. It's the usual suspect yellers, screamers and loons on the right that defend their ravings and the street smart, Freire trained lefties expose their disengenuousness. Like that Jim... ;) :lol:

yellers, screamers, and loons? I think you've got them mixed up with the lowlifes in congress now.:lol:

JustRalph
09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Here you go

Rush Limbaugh has higher ratings than ever...........

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/

In Los Angeles, The Rush Limbaugh Show gained a full share point overall, from 5.9 to 6.9 to take first place with a weekly cume of 635,700 listeners. With men 35-64, the jump was from 4.7 to 5.6. In the 11am hour, Rush pulled in a mammoth 6.3.

In San Francisco, it was another big gain on KSFO, from 4.9 to 5.6 and a second-place ranking overall and 332,400 total listeners. In Nancy Pelosi's backyard, that's quite an achievement.

In New York City, Limbaugh's audience share grew from 4.7 to 5.4, ranking fourth overall and with 653,500 listeners.

Taking second overall in Chicago on WLS, the program moves from 5.0 to 5.3 to rank second with 319,700 tuning in. With men 35-64, it's a 5.7 to 6.0 gain.

Houston delivers huge numbers for Limbaugh, with a 7.2 to 7.4 share gain and 337,300 listeners. With men 35-64, it's a staggering 9.8, up from 9.4 in July.

In St Louis, it's an even bigger victory, with first place and a 10.8 share, up from 9.1 last month, logging 204,400 weekly listeners.

Once again, Rush is number one in Detroit with 7.1 share overall, up from 6.2, 245,600 is the head count.

In Seattle, Rush is number one in his time slot with a whopping 10.1 share on KTTH versus 9.3 in July. Audience is 159,500 in the Puget Sound Area.

Phoenix outdoes even Seattle's tally with an 11.0 share, up from 10.5, good for first place. Head count: 245,600.

San Diego provides another first place finish with a 7.7 share and 134,000 total audience.

Quagmire
09-16-2009, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=ArlJim78]you're not helping things there quagmire, gonna get me locked again!:D

If the other pic didn't this one of Whitey just might do it.... :lol:

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Baseball+Legend+Whitey+Ford+Turns+80+dBlaLI0WeH_l. jpg

Steve 'StatMan'
09-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Yes, before this thread gets locked, I'll put a quick thought in. I've seen some websites that, when you click on a poster's screen name, it will show not just regular info, but also how many other posters have that person on 'Ignore'. Not a list of who is ignoring them, just a count. Wonder if that might something good/bad/instructive/helpful/aggravting/etc.

GaryG
09-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Nice job Jim....not too hard to bring out the name callers. With the recent publicity Glenn Beck pushes more of their buttons than Rush. Hey lefties......GLENN BECK!!

46zilzal
09-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Nice job Jim....not too hard to bring out the name callers. With the recent publicity Glenn Beck pushes more of their buttons than Rush. Hey lefties......GLENN BECK!!
Why would ANYONE give credence to an alcoholic paranoid delusional moron like this goon. Recently there was a big stir in this one's home town in Washington state as a large part of the city did not want he to be honored with the equivalent to the Key of the city...Even the neighboring town of Bellingham joined in to try and stop it.

There is a good fellow from Mt Vernon (James Caviezel) who stared in The Passion of the Christ and other movies who would deserve positive notice.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/11/washington.beck.flap/index.html

andymays
09-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Why would ANYONE give credence to an alcoholic paranoid delusional moron like this goon. Recently there was a big stir in this one's home town in Washington state as a large part of the city did not want he to be honored with the equivalent to the Key of the city...Even the neighboring town of Bellingham joined in to try and stop it.

There is a good fellow from Mt Vernon (James Caviezel) who stared in The Passion of the Christ and other movies who would deserve positive notice.

There were three (3) people protesting. They showed the protest on TV.

Beck is breaking lot of news that the old media neglected. They are all following Becks stories now and are forced to address them. Acorn and Van Jones to name a couple.

Tom
09-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Even the neighboring town of Bellingham joined in to try and stop it.

Mayor Norris said he had received some of the same calls threatening a boycott, but did not put much stock in them.

"If half of the people threatening not to shop here now actually had done business here we would have been doing great," Norris said.

Duplicity Alert!

Zilly has stated MANY times that people should mind their own business and not interfere with others, that is, unless they interfere and agree with him!
Tsk tsk tsk zilly...your bias is showing.

BTW, did not want he to be honoredshould be him, not he. If you are going to insult someone, try to get it right. :lol:

GaryG
09-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Why would ANYONE give credence to an alcoholic paranoid delusional moron like this goon.Jim, it sure is easy to get them started with the name calling....hell, let's try another: BILL O'REILLY

Tom
09-17-2009, 01:11 PM
I'll see your O'Reilly and raise you a DICK CHENEY!

46zilzal
09-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I'll see your O'Reilly and raise you a DICK CHENEY!
Heard the DICK just had surgery again.

ArlJim78
09-17-2009, 01:14 PM
CHENEY-LIMBAUGH-BUSH-O'REILLY-HANNITY-BECK-ROVE-HALIBURTON

46zilzal
09-17-2009, 01:19 PM
from a recent TIME article about the clown who thinks he is Howard Beale from the movie Network;
The host energizes the nation with his cry, "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" It's hard to find a film that better captures the rotten vibe of the early 1970s, when America found itself suffering through one downer after another: failing companies, tense foreign relations, high unemployment, rampant incivility, spiraling deficits, corruption in high places, a seemingly endless war. Sound familiar?

Beck often cites Beale as an inspiration and a tribune for our own times. "I think that's the way people feel," he told an interviewer. "That's the way I feel" — like the fist-shaking, hair-pulling Beale. Whether channeled by a playwright on the left or a talk-show host on the right, anger and distrust can be dramatized and monetized. But do they ever really go anywhere?

The trouble with this prophecy is that we never find out what happens to the people watching Beale. Do they stay mad forever? Does their screaming ever lead to something better? Does the rage merely migrate, sending new audiences with new enemies to scream from more windows? And if the time comes when every audience is screaming, who, in the end, is left to listen?

— With reporting by Michael Scherer

GaryG
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
ANN COULTER

andymays
09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Mark Levin

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
You don't hear them trying to bash Levin too much...

It was interesting though, just before Beck started to make lots of noise, the lefty core on here started posting about him in earnest, as certain higher ups in their organized religion had handed down the marching orders...as if they knew what was about to come...:lol:

NJ Stinks
09-17-2009, 10:53 PM

It was interesting though, just before Beck started to make lots of noise, the lefty core on here started posting about him in earnest, as certain higher ups in their organized religion had handed down the marching orders...as if they knew what was about to come...:lol:

That is hilarious. :p

DJofSD
09-17-2009, 11:14 PM
I would take a wild *ss guess that perhaps Suff has more locked threads.

DJofSD
09-17-2009, 11:18 PM

It was interesting though, just before Beck started to make lots of noise, the lefty core on here started posting about him in earnest, as certain higher ups in their organized religion had handed down the marching orders...as if they knew what was about to come...:lol:Just wait until his book is not on the best seller list. They'll take shots at him then.

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Just wait until his book is not on the best seller list. They'll take shots at him then.That goes against the MO...the orders are handed down from the mother ship AS the target heats up in popularity, ratings, etc...

Beck's ratings were climbing fastest of all, and that's when they started to suddenly bash him here on PaceAdvantage, with no warning and little if any provocation.

It's an excellent indicator of things to come, as we just witnessed recently.

You notice they don't talk about O'Reilly anymore? I'm surprised they still have time to write about Rush even...