PDA

View Full Version : Obama Caught on Tape Calling Kanye 'Jackass'

andymays
09-15-2009, 03:48 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/15/obama-caught-on-tape-calling-kanye-jackass-taylor-swift/
Excerpt:

TMZ has obtained the audiotape of President Barack Obama calling Kanye West a "jackass" for hijacking Taylor Swift's acceptance speech during the VMAs.

The audio was recorded just before Obama went on camera to do an interview with CNBC. Before the interview began, Obama -- referring to Kanye's antics on stage -- said "I thought that was really inappropriate," then adding, "He's a jackass."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/15/obama-caught-on-tape-calling-kanye-jackass-taylor-swift/#ixzz0RCr78cOd

Good for Obama on this one! :ThmbUp:

lsbets
09-15-2009, 04:38 PM
In this case Obama would be correct. I wonder whose side mostpost will take?

Warren Henry
09-15-2009, 04:42 PM
In this case Obama would be correct. I wonder whose side mostpost will take?
Obama was exactly right. Even though it was supposed to be off the record, I hope he stands by the comment.

turfnsport
09-15-2009, 05:40 PM
I think "no talent classless douchebag" sounds better.

mostpost
09-15-2009, 05:52 PM
I can't win. If I say I agree with Obama, I'm an enabler and apologist. If I disagree I support the idiotic behavior of Kanye West.

I agree with Obama.

I felt sorry for Taylor Swift, but I felt almost as sorry for Beyonce. She had no idea what Kanye was going to say and was obviously very embarrased for Swift.

andymays
09-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I can't win. If I say I agree with Obama, I'm an enabler and apologist. If I disagree I support the idiotic behavior of Kanye West.

I agree with Obama.

I felt sorry for Taylor Swift, but I felt almost as sorry for Beyonce. She had no idea what Kanye was going to say and was obviously very embarrased for Swift.

Beyonce showed a lot of class by handling it the way she did. :ThmbUp:

Obama said the right thing too. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
09-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Kanye should not be held accountable for his actions

Taylor Swift was obviously using a fictitious video with the intent of smearing Kanye. It doesn't matter what Kanye did, the premise was false; therefore the actions were meaningless.

Grits
09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Kanye West, as most would surmise, needs meds. (Some talent would be favorable too.) This young man's brain, most often, engages about a half dozen ticks later than his mouth.

I recall one year at the Grammys when Vince Gill put him in his place. Deservedly so, and much to the pleasure of the entire music industry seated in the auditorium.

One's celebrity can be so vital, or so, some believe. LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

newtothegame
09-15-2009, 07:31 PM

I agree with Obama.

Nahhh most...your right on mark here! Good to see there are some things we can agree on !!!:D

K west is a friggin idiot. And your right...Beyonce showed ALOT of class by her actions towards Taylor.

dutchboy
09-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Beyonce showed a lot of class by handling it the way she did. :ThmbUp:

Obama said the right thing too. :ThmbUp:

She also showed nice legs.

andymays
09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
She also showed nice legs.

Them too! :ThmbUp:

sandpit
09-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I happened to catch Kanye on Leno's show (when I was channel surfing during a timeout in the MNF game). I'm no fan of the guy or his genre of music, but he seemed genuinely upset and sincere when he was recounting the incident. He said something to the effect that the constantcy of his celebrity lifestyle had changed him into a person who he didn't really like, and he was going to take a break from his profession to re-evaluate himself.

I'm not sticking up for the guy by any means, but at least he made a direct apology to Swift, unlike that worthless prima donna Serena Williams, who continues to show zero remorse for her classless actions last weekend.

Grits
09-15-2009, 10:34 PM
I happened to catch Kanye on Leno's show (when I was channel surfing during a timeout in the MNF game). I'm no fan of the guy or his genre of music, but he seemed genuinely upset and sincere when he was recounting the incident. He said something to the effect that the constantcy of his celebrity lifestyle had changed him into a person who he didn't really like, and he was going to take a break from his profession to re-evaluate himself.

I'm not sticking up for the guy by any means, but at least he made a direct apology to Swift, unlike that worthless prima donna Serena Williams, who continues to show zero remorse for her classless actions last weekend.

Sandpit, I wasn't aware that West had stated these things. This is good to learn. Maybe there's some growth in this young man, coming soon.

ArlJim78
09-15-2009, 10:48 PM

Of course he says that, he had to. I frankly don't think he's sincere at all. He's got a track record. This wasn't the first time he went on a tirade.

On the contrary I saw Serena on Fox News this morning, and she was quite contrite about the incident, apologized, said the official was just doing her job, that she got caught up in the moment and over reacted, and that she'd like to give a big hug to the woman were she to see her.

I believe that Serena was sincere, but I don't get that feeling from Kanye.

Tom
09-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Since Taylor is underage, Obama will have to serve root beer this time.
Did he call her stupid, btw?

bigmack
09-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Since Taylor is underage
Technically 19, but who's counting?

http://taylorshocks.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/taylor-swift41.jpg

turfnsport
09-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Sandpit, I wasn't aware that West had stated these things. This is good to learn. Maybe there's some growth in this young man, coming soon.

Don't wait up.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Technically 19, but who's counting?

http://taylorshocks.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/taylor-swift41.jpg

Yeah, I wasn't exactly wanting to drink beer with her anyway.

sandpit
09-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Of course he says that, he had to. I frankly don't think he's sincere at all. He's got a track record. This wasn't the first time he went on a tirade.

On the contrary I saw Serena on Fox News this morning, and she was quite contrite about the incident, apologized, said the official was just doing her job, that she got caught up in the moment and over reacted, and that she'd like to give a big hug to the woman were she to see her.

I believe that Serena was sincere, but I don't get that feeling from Kanye.

Ultimately, time will tell if both these individuals are sincere in their statements. I saw Serena this morning; she was on CNN...doing her damage tour I guess. I'm not sure if she gets how important her actions are to the tennis world, since she seemed to giggle at every question or comment she was asked.
Everyone has focused on her match ending confrontation, by if she hadn't destroyed her racket at the end of the first set, the match may not have ended the way it did.

jballscalls
09-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Ultimately, time will tell if both these individuals are sincere in their statements. I saw Serena this morning; she was on CNN...doing her damage tour I guess. I'm not sure if she gets how important her actions are to the tennis world, since she seemed to giggle at every question or comment she was asked.
Everyone has focused on her match ending confrontation, by if she hadn't destroyed her racket at the end of the first set, the match may not have ended the way it did.

apology campaigns are the worst thing ever, because so often people aren't actually sorry, they are sorry they are getting in trouble or getting caught.

In the press conference after her loss, Serena didn't seem genuinely apologetic at all. Then they started talking about her losing here 350k for making the semi's and she got sorry quick. Same goes for Imus, Kramer, Vick and many more, they weren't genuinely sorry for what they said or did, they were sorry they got in trouble.

For conspiracy theories sake, i think Jay Leno's people put Kanye up to it because he was scheduled as a guest on Leno's first show at 10 o'clock. I think they were trying to create some buzz. :)

GaryG
09-16-2009, 10:16 AM
I believe he said he did it because his mother died two years ago and he was crazy with grief. That is about the equivalent of "the devil made him do it." He should just shut up and do whatever the hell it is that he does.

ddog
09-16-2009, 12:26 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/15/obama-caught-on-tape-calling-kanye-jackass-taylor-swift/
Excerpt:

TMZ has obtained the audiotape of President Barack Obama calling Kanye West a "jackass" for hijacking Taylor Swift's acceptance speech during the VMAs.

The audio was recorded just before Obama went on camera to do an interview with CNBC. Before the interview began, Obama -- referring to Kanye's antics on stage -- said "I thought that was really inappropriate," then adding, "He's a jackass."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/15/obama-caught-on-tape-calling-kanye-jackass-taylor-swift/#ixzz0RCr78cOd

Good for Obama on this one! :ThmbUp:

doesn't the LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD have anything better to do???
I guess not.

What a country.

cj's dad
09-16-2009, 12:44 PM
As I posted elsewhere this jerk has actually done a TV commercial for TBS with comedian George Lopez - WTF is going on ??

ddog
09-16-2009, 12:55 PM
seeking his correct level.
he knows he can't hack it as LOTFW so maybe a 2 bit comedy hack/talk show host will do it.

Maybe he could resign and go on FOx and play the Combs idiot or go on the Huckleberry Show.

ArlJim78
09-16-2009, 01:02 PM
As I posted elsewhere this jerk has actually done a TV commercial for TBS with comedian George Lopez - WTF is going on ??
I saw that commercial and my jaw dropped. what the hell is going on around here? they made a big stink about the guy who yelled out "you lie" because it violated the rules of decorum when the president addresses congress.
Well where in the rules of decorum for the president does it say he should do some slapstick comedy in a commercial for a comedy show on TBS?

whats' next for this president? Dancing with the stars? American Idol contestant? guest hosting for Letterman?

boxcar
09-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I saw that commercial and my jaw dropped. what the hell is going on around here? they made a big stink about the guy who yelled out "you lie" because it violated the rules of decorum when the president addresses congress.
Well where in the rules of decorum for the president does it say he should do some slapstick comedy in a commercial for a comedy show on TBS?

whats' next for this president? Dancing with the stars? American Idol contestant? guest hosting for Letterman?

He's just being what he is: a cult celebrity. He's nothing more than this, nor will this empty suit ever amount to anything more.

Boxcar

cj's dad
09-16-2009, 02:02 PM
As AJ78 stated, when I saw this my jaw dropped. I saw it last night around
2 AM. Later I thought I must have imagined this. Thanks for verifying.

I'm dead serious here; what the hell does this guy think he's doing ??

The effen POTUS did a effen commercial on TV; not a public service announcement but a effen commercial !! :mad: :bang: :faint:

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Ted Turner was a big donor to his campaign?

Just a guess...TBS and all...

jballscalls
09-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Ted Turner was a big donor to his campaign?

Just a guess...TBS and all...

Now TBS is a liberal biased media channel too!! LOL I do happen to know that the weather channel is right wing biased, they were saying Global warming is BS the other day LOL

cj's dad
09-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Now TBS is a liberal biased media channel too!! LOL I do happen to know that the weather channel is right wing biased, they were saying Global warming is BS the other day LOL

Forget TBS and Ted Turner - explain why this jackass of a President is doing TV commercials !! What's next ? The Sham - Wow ??

GaryG
09-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Forget TBS and Ted Turner - explain why this jackass of a President is doing TV commercials !! What's next ? The Sham - Wow ??I saw him on CNN today doing a stand up comedy routine at the Univ of Maryland. I guess he has plenty of time on his hands these days.

dartman51
09-17-2009, 09:45 PM
In all fairness, guys, other Presidents have done SNL, and even as far back as Nixon. Nixon went on Laugh In, and uttered those famous words "SOCK IT TO ME". I don't agree with any of them, but, it is not a new thing. Also George Lopez campaigned for Obama. So maybe it was a pay back. :confused:

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Now TBS is a liberal biased media channel too!!Not sure what you are talking about...has nothing to do with what I wrote...

People are trying to figure out why Obama would be doing a commercial for TBS (I haven't seen it, so I am going by what others say), so I offered up as valid reason as any. Didn't think to bring politics or liberal or right wing into it, but I suppose all posts/threads in off-topic these days must be blessed with such nonsense....