PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, 9/16 at Belmont

cees with dees
09-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Expecting a fast track and good turf.
Many interesting races on tap but hard for me to single anyone that isn't short.
That said, in the first, La Concerto has been beautifully managed winning her last two in open company but remaining eligible for this class.
Doesn't need the lead to win which is an added plus but will really need her running shoes if Rightly So shows up as the same filly that we saw earlier in the year.
In the 2nd, Eclectic hits bottom seeking winning level after losing at odds on to a rather weak 16 claiming field at Monmouth.
Meets a weaker bunch and should be right on or just off a slow pace. Not bothered by the drop so much as conncections have been out on her for a long while.
The 3rd has many possibilities and with a Linda Rice entry destined to be odds on, could set up for a juicy pick 4.
Khancord Kid is bred to be a lawnmower and showed good speed on a tough rail in debut. Barn was also cold the entire Spa meet and they don't usually put together two bad meets in a row.
Nice And Naughty had big excuses in both starts and the switch to turf should bring out her best.
In the 4th, Sing My Song was green and in need of both races. Stretch should be perfect and has a lot more speed than the lines show. Experience edge to boot.
The 5th is another wide open grass sprint and just too many contenders to note.
In the 6th, Graceful Afleet and Fisher Island meet in the battle of the dropdowns. I can't seperate them. If you can, single one of them. I'm using both in the late pick 4.
In the 7th, Speed Dating might get very comfortable on a loose lead and Hushion's entire barn has looked sensational in all of their starts.
I love McLaughlin so don't think the barn change is significant but this is a nice filly who can handle any turf condition.
From off the pace, Ambidaxtrous and Higher Incentive should be the right ones and which ever can save the most ground will have the best chance.
The 8th is yet another wide open turf sprint but there is a lot of speed signed on and Sly takes a really suspicious drop after missing Saratoga.
That said, Eldoktori gets a huge trainer change. Awaited the jail term to run back but draws well inside and likes an off turf.
Be coming late at a good price.
Natural Speed has done very well since the Reynolds claim and may get a good just off trip despite the wide draw.
My best bet of the day comes in the last race. Indymine had two brutal trips on the inner at Saratoga which followed one tough and one impossible trip at Belmont. Prior to that, was able to save ground on a yielding turf and ran quite well for place while more than 7 clear of the third place finisher. Jose Espinoza is light years better than his percentages and look for this one to make the first run of the closers and hopefully hold off Hard To Explain who draws wide.:) :)
Good luck.
Ben

theguarantee
09-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Dominguez gets some good horses today, off to a bit of a slow start, I think the sky is the limit as to how many he gets home today.

With that in mind, I expect Rightly So to go off 1/1 or less and with some good speed horses I certainly wouldn't be taking those odds. La Concerto certainly the one I would try with depending on the odds. Could sit just behind the lead and come late. I'm just not so sure Bridgmohan won't end up on the lead with her, which wouldn't be the worst thing but makes me nervous. Really good race, but I'm probably going to have to pass. In agreement about Eclectic too which would normally lead me to a double, I just can't find confidence with any horse in the first.

In the 6th I'll take a bit of a stand and side with Graceful Afleet. With two horses so similar, Graceful Afleet is classy enough to hopefully get an alert break and if so the rail should prove enough for GA to beat FI breaking from the 8 slot, in my opinion.

In the last I can see Indymine. Gravitational should be tough though again with Dominguez and I'm not sure if he'll be menaced. Last race he came from the 11th post and took the lead, ended up 4th getting caught late, but only lost by a length. If Blazing Dynamo gets in I think the outside post helps...don't think it will set up just right, but if it does, could be coming late to pick up the pieces.

Good luck.

cees with dees
09-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Turf is firm. Changes a lot for me.
Will know more after scratches.

firstoffclaim
09-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Its raining a bit in Nassau County, I wouldn't necessarily change anything.

Marshall Bennett
09-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Early Pick 4 : 7 / 1,2B,3,4,7 / 1A,2,3,4,5 / 6,7
Late Pick 4 : 1,8 / 1,2,3,6,8 / 1A,4,5,7,11 / 2 @$50 each

theguarantee
09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Sure hope you're right on Indymine. Played I've Got Speed with a couple horses, but they won't pay much. Got a live double with Indymine 3.5X. Would be a nice hit for sure. We will see.