PDA

View Full Version : Bird works; Borel back on

Wickel
09-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Just saw a local report on Albuquerque TV. Mine That Bird worked four furlongs in :47.2--did it easily. Reporter also said that Calvin Borel will ride The Bird in the Goodwood Stakes and BC Classic. That's news to me.

Java Gold@TFT
09-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Just saw a local report on Albuquerque TV. Mine That Bird worked four furlongs in :47.2--did it easily. Reporter also said that Calvin Borel will ride The Bird in the Goodwood Stakes and BC Classic. That's news to me.
It was widely reported after the Travers that Borel would be back on. He couldn't commit to the WV Derby due to an agreemnt to ride Warrior's Reward in the Jim Dnady that day and couldn't commit to the Travers without knowing where Rachel would be so Woolley went back to Smith. Of course, the Travers was missed and Smith is committed to Zenyatta if she should even go to the BC Classic so Chip went back to Borel who agreed to ride in the Goodwood and BC Classic if everything worked out. He wouldn't give up any mount on Rachel and at the time her 2 possibilities pending the Woodward outcome were on 10/3 at Belmont (Beldame or JCGC) and the Goodwood is a week later.

Just a good business decision on both ends.

Wickel
09-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Java.