PDA

View Full Version : SOFTWARE

permenbg
09-14-2009, 08:10 PM
still looking for a good Handicapping Software, thanks for some of the suggestions from the group. has any one seen any data on how any of the software rate's. i am look for one that used the daily race form for the data base. bris would be my 2nd choice for data.

any help

permenbg

green80
09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I would like to see some ratings on software myself.

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2009, 08:44 PM
So would Tom Barrister.

green80
09-14-2009, 08:46 PM
I think I missed something there.

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

green80
09-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Handifast may be worth the money. (free)

permenbg
09-14-2009, 09:50 PM
where can i get a copy or handifast, the link i found doese not work

permenbg

headhawg
09-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Here's the link: http://localpcpros.com/HandiFAST_Version_X_fixed2.exe

I suggest a reading of the FAST version X thread for other information regarding updates and usage.

green80
09-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Race prophet is also worth the money (free).

rokitman
09-15-2009, 08:51 AM
HTR is worth the money a million times over. :ThmbUp:

optionpro
09-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Don't listen to those who tell you software doesn't work.

It is the handicapper that makes the software work, not the other way around. Good software gives you the tools to automate your handicapping and the information to avoid misconceptions. I use HSH, but I know that JCapper, HTR and some other software programs give you the tools and information to create your own automated handicapping method.

My recent results with my HSH system are summarized, below betting one horse per race, win only.

Win
Races 436
Bets: 404
Pays: 147
Pct: 36.4
$Net: $2.57

436 is a small sample, but I restart my study each time I find a way to improve on it.

Learning these software programs takes a lot of effort, but the results are worth it. I'm 64 years old, and was not an easy convert, but the results speak for themselves.

Fingal
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Don't listen to those who tell you software doesn't work.

It is the handicapper that makes the software work, not the other way around. Good software gives you the tools to automate your handicapping and the information to avoid misconceptions.

Wow, what a statement. Regarless of what ANY seller tells you, there is no black box or silver bullet. Personaly , I use what could be 3 seperate programs- I use Computrak to generate contenders, check Race Prophet to see what Colt Cannon suggests is the best pace line to see if I agree & then Pitlak's program that gives me the fps numbers & the Sartin compounded ratings. And after grafting them to create an individual race profile, I still use my own instincts to make my final win betting decision. What are the odds telling me ? Who's taking money ? Why is a horse that should be a favorite not getting bet ? Has this jock or trainer been hot recently, what's their form cycle ?

But that's what works for me. Every program sold should have that little asterick you see on TV diet commercials, that these are not average results, your results may vary.

green80
09-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Results may vary is an understatement. You could give 3 handicappers the same black box and I would bet their results would be vastly different after 50 races.

banacek
09-15-2009, 03:44 PM
So would Tom Barrister. especially with someone (yet again) making their first post a positive review of a piece of software.:)

46zilzal
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
[font=Courier New]Don't listen to those who tell you software doesn't work.
]
That is the truth: find one that works for you and stick with it.