PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Razo Jr

brdman12
09-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Eddie Razo Jr went down with Da Mama in the 6th race on Saturday at Arlington. They had to put Da Mama down on the spot, and although Eddie did sit up once, they carried him off on a stretcher. Has anyone heard an update on Mr Razo?..Sure would like to hear how he is doing. Thanks..

Cat Thief
09-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't bet Arlington but that must be 3 jockey accidents in the last little while. We have Arlington on the race channel but I find it hard to handicap too many tracks. Seems strange for so many accidents there lately.

illinoisbred
09-14-2009, 06:45 PM
No information given on AP's website. Another one that looked really bad. The horse landed poorly on a front leg and quickly went down. From what I hear "'Eddie" is a good guy.Too bad for the horse,it showed considerable talent in just 4 or 5 starts.'

Steve 'StatMan'
09-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Read from a poster on www.barntowire.com, who I think might be his wife (based on her involvement with 'Eddie' and great work for Rene Douglas), that he has been released from the hospital, is ok but very sore, cat scan clean but wind knocked out of him when the horse caught him in the chest (thank heavens for safety vests!)

Apprearently this fatal equine breakdown happened on the turf course.