PDA

View Full Version : twin trifecta

Stonepony
05-24-2003, 02:41 AM
I was wondering if somebody could tell me how this bet works.

Thanks

sq764
05-24-2003, 08:03 AM
You have to hit the first part of the twin trifecta (the bet consists of 2 selected races). Then if you are live, you exchange your ticket (or each ticket you have live) and you select your trifecta for the next race.

When I was younger, I used to go to Delaware Park and before simo and pick 3's came along, the twin trifecta was the 'BIG' bet to try to hit..

hurrikane
05-24-2003, 09:16 AM
oh yeah...they had this in MD too. It use to get pretty big.

the big snag is....you may have 10 tri tickets, various boxes and combo on the first leg.
You win on one of your tickets. You now have 1 straight tri ticket you can bet. tough win
One of the two races was always a rediculous mdn with a lot of fts.....never hit one..got close a lot of time but they kept my money in the end.

penguinfan
05-24-2003, 09:50 AM
I was at the OTB one night when a dog race (flagger maybe) offered a tri-super, thats right, hit the tri in the first part, then hit the superfecta COLD in the second part. I would think that would be damn near impossible, that is except for the guy who played his friggin phone number and hit for a boat load of cash. :rolleyes:

Penguinfan

SAL
05-24-2003, 11:33 AM
I remember years ago Golden Gate had a tri-superfecta-it was predicted that no one would hit it the entire meet. But someone did, for like $15k. Don't ask me how he did it, I think he only had one exchange ticket.

Beyer wrote one way to hit this bet is to invest big bucks and make sure you have at least 24 exchange tickets. Only worthwhile if there's a large pool with a carryover added.

Rexdale You
05-24-2003, 12:13 PM
StoneP,,,

When you get the urge to play the twin tri.

( 1 ) Take your medication. Or.

( 2 ) Call your phyciatrist and have him talk you down.

It works for me,,,,,

lousycapper
05-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by SAL

Beyer wrote one way to hit this bet is to invest big bucks and make sure you have at least 24 exchange tickets. Only worthwhile if there's a large pool with a carryover added.

============================

:D Sounds pretty speculative to me. I would be more inclined to to buy the stock of defunct "dot com" companies or maybe some of those German bonds that were issued after WWI. :D

-L.C.