PDA

View Full Version : Name the New Political Party

Warren Henry
09-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Since neither of the current major political parties are working too well for the long term good of our country, I propose that at least one new party be started.

The purpose of this thread is to try to figure out what to name a new party.

Since I think the country is going the wrong direction, I like the DO OVER party.

Another possiblity would be the TAKE BACK party.

Selfish people might want to join the IGMFU party

cj's dad
09-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Since neither of the current major political parties are working too well for the long term good of our country, I propose that at least one new party be started.

The purpose of this thread is to try to figure out what to name a new party.

Since I think the country is going the wrong direction, I like the DO OVER party.

Another possiblity would be the TAKE BACK party.

Selfish people might want to join the IGMFU party

How about the "Common Sense Party"

illinoisbred
09-13-2009, 10:36 PM
What's wrong with the Libertarian Party?If new,Rebirth of Fredom Party.

Dave Schwartz
09-13-2009, 10:39 PM
IllBred,

Now you're talkin'!

Dave

Warren Henry
09-14-2009, 12:31 AM
What's wrong with the Libertarian Party?If new,Rebirth of Fredom Party.
Not a thing wrong with the Libertarian Party. My views align very closely with theirs.

But, would people be more likely to join a NEW party or one that has been regarded by many as a party of minor influence?

slewis
09-14-2009, 01:38 AM
How about "Raza Unida":lol:

Greyfox
09-14-2009, 02:02 AM
How about the "Common Sense Party"

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
I think you've nailed it.
Unfortunately, that name just makes too much common sense.

DJofSD
09-14-2009, 07:44 AM
The majority of voters are already in the Lack of Common Sense party.

prospector
09-14-2009, 09:54 AM
The majority of voters are already in the Lack of Common Sense party.
if voters used common sense most of congress would not be there and our country would not be in this mess...
whatever party wants to take over from the two corrupt ones has to start bottom up..can't elect a president without support in the congress..

rastajenk
09-14-2009, 10:01 AM
They have to start lower than that. Local politics is where you generate a solid base, reward activists with delegate positions, and cull the pretenders from the genuine future contenders. That's why I don't think calls for a third party, sincere though they may be, will ever amount to much of anything. The D's and the R's have the local scenes locked up.

Tom
09-14-2009, 10:03 AM
We don't need a new party - we need a union. A citizen's union to represent us against congress. Requirements to get in - prove you are a citizen.

DJofSD
09-14-2009, 10:06 AM
We don't need a new party - we need a union. A citizen's union to represent us against congress. Requirements to get in - prove you are a citizen.And own a fire arm. Loaded. With a bumper sticker that reads 'Gun control is hitting what you aim at' right next to the 'Don't mess with Texas' sticker.

ddog
09-14-2009, 12:57 PM
You don't need a party, that's correct.

Just withdraw your support from the ones that exist and their candidates.

They would soon collapse or change.

A total lack of participation will do wonders.

Show them the VAST majority of people are not playing their game anymore.

There are a hard core 10% that can always round up enough suckers to continue the game so far.

That must stop.

DJofSD
09-14-2009, 01:05 PM
dd, I withdrew my support already, many, many years ago.

There use to be a steady stream of calls for donations. When I finally answered a telephone call and spoke to the person working the phone, I told them 'forget it' Bush can go pound sand, the state of the state political machine was a joke and they ain't gettin' any more of my money -- ever, so, don't call back again. And, they haven't.

ddog
09-14-2009, 01:10 PM
good for you, i believe that's the only way to do it now.

It's come to the point(imo) of drastic measures.

I never thought 10 years ago I would endorse/choose such an option. :(

sammy the sage
09-15-2009, 07:59 AM
REALLY...."""A total lack of participation will do wonders."""

very, very SAD....oh well...you're gonna DESERVE what you GET :rolleyes: