PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler Effing Sucks!!!!

headhawg
09-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Signed,

Every Bears Fan in America

cj's dad
09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Expansion has killed the overall quality and depth of every major pro team sport in America.

NFL- in the 16 team days, there were probably 8 very good to excellent QB's, 4 average and 4 mediocre.

Now there are probably 8-10 very good to excellent QB's and the rest are average to mediocre.

toetoe
09-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Signed,

It's one game. Keep yer :cool: .

ghostyapper
09-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Though Cutler will have some monster games he will always be a mistake prone qb. He's still yet to even lead his team to the playoffs.

DJofSD
09-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Which side of the Bear's bench scored the first points? 'Nuff said.

cmoore
09-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Signed,

He looked better in the 2nd half..That last interception was the receivers fault..He stopped running his route..That might of happened in the first half also..Cutler will calm down and do much better..Don't hang him just yet..

Quagmire
09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Jay Cutler Effing Sucks!!!!
Signed,

Bronco fans second that.

RaceBookJoe
09-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Jay Cutler Effing Sucks!!!!
Signed,

Bronco fans second that.

Throw in Cutler and a ham sandwich and you can have Jason Campbell.
signed,
Every Redskin fan in America :bang:

rastajenk
09-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Maybe you'd rather have Rex Grossman??? :p

Steve 'StatMan'
09-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Maybe you'd rather have Rex Grossman??? :p

During the first half, I thought we did!

ArlJim78
09-14-2009, 10:38 PM
seriously, could he have looked any worse yesterday? I don't think so.
He was way out of sync and you had to wonder what he was thinking on many of those tosses.

Valuist
09-14-2009, 10:59 PM
He had a horrible game but like mentioned earlier, it was only one game. But percentage of passes intercepted is as valuable as any single QB stat (sorry but wins and losses are TEAM stats....not individual stats). Sometimes these guys with powerful arms think they can complete any pass and they throw into double coverage....think of Favre and his league leading INT total last year. But Cutler actually threw into quadruple coverage last night. Amazing that pass wasnt picked. He needs to throw no more than 12 INTs over the final 15 games.

The real irony is that Orton leads Denver to an amazing comeback on the longest TD pass in history with less than 15 seconds to play.

cj's dad
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
He had a horrible game but like mentioned earlier, it was only one game. But percentage of passes intercepted is as valuable as any single QB stat (sorry but wins and losses are TEAM stats....not individual stats). Sometimes these guys with powerful arms think they can complete any pass and they throw into double coverage....think of Favre and his league leading INT total last year. But Cutler actually threw into quadruple coverage last night. Amazing that pass wasnt picked. He needs to throw no more than 12 INTs over the final 15 games.

The real irony is that Orton leads Denver to an amazing comeback on the longest TD pass in history with less than 15 seconds to play.

Orton threw into coverage, the ball is deflected and Stokely is in the right place to catch the tipped ball.

To describe that TD as something other than pure luck is a bit of a push, don't you think.

I hope the Broncos gave Brandon Stokely the game ball, he sure deserved it.

Valuist
09-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Orton threw into coverage, the ball is deflected and Stokely is in the right place to catch the tipped ball.

To describe that TD as something other than pure luck is a bit of a push, don't you think.

I hope the Broncos gave Brandon Stokely the game ball, he sure deserved it.

I agree completely. But Orton had a turnover free game before that.

cj
09-15-2009, 11:14 PM
I agree completely. But Orton had a turnover free game before that.

Which led to two long field goals in 59 minutes and 50 seconds.

Valuist
09-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Which led to two long field goals in 59 minutes and 50 seconds.

And the brilliant supporting cast had nothing to do with that.......

ghostyapper
09-16-2009, 02:39 PM
And the brilliant supporting cast had nothing to do with that.......

Marshall? Royal? Scheffler? The same guys that put up big numbers last year with a different qb.

Bochall
09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Jay Cutler is Jeff Goerge reincarnated. Million dollar arm and ten cent head. Heck, he throws just like him...out of fear.

bisket
09-16-2009, 06:10 PM
you know its bad when tom jackson starts cutting on ya. he said cutler wasn't even under pressure he was just throwing them. chitown is gonna eat cutler alive

Valuist
09-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Marshall? Royal? Scheffler? The same guys that put up big numbers last year with a different qb.

Marshall? He led the NFL in drops last year. Shanahan said he was planning on cutting Marshall before he was let go. Sheffler is an average tight end, at best. He's not remotely close to the upper echelon. Royal is decent....
But that's only part of the equation. They have no running game. Defenses don't have to respect the run against Denver nowadays.

headhawg
09-16-2009, 11:43 PM
you know its bad when tom jackson starts cutting on ya. he said cutler wasn't even under pressure he was just throwing them.Did Jackson actually watch the game? Or does he still bleed Orange Crush? Idiot.

Jay Cutler is Jeff Goerge reincarnated. Million dollar arm and ten cent head. Heck, he throws just like him...out of fear.I'm thinking that he's more like Jake Plummer because of his mobility. But your point is well taken. Either comparison isn't very flattering.

Now that I have settled down a little (well, he still sucks :mad: ) I would just like to add that if I was a Packer fan :p I'd be worried. Rodgers didn't look so good and neither did their running game. If Favre doesn't get stupid and plays like he did on Sunday the Vikes should win the North. As much as I hate to say it....

ghostyapper
09-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Marshall? He led the NFL in drops last year. Shanahan said he was planning on cutting Marshall before he was let go. Sheffler is an average tight end, at best. He's not remotely close to the upper echelon. Royal is decent....
But that's only part of the equation. They have no running game. Defenses don't have to respect the run against Denver nowadays.

First off let me just say that the shanahan story is a load of crap. Cut marshall? There is NO chance that he would have done that. Even with all the crap he pulled this offseason they still didn't cut him.
You can disparage the skill positions all you want but the bottom line is they were all productive with cutler and that includes about 5-6 different rb.

I'm not a cutler fan but the broncos were better with him than orton.

bisket
09-20-2009, 10:44 AM
none them can compare to the ravens joe cool :cool: :jump:

dutchboy
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Don't qb's usally throw to a area where the receiver is suppose to be when the ball reaches them? It the receiver cannot get there for some reason or drops the pass why is the qb always blamed?

Talking heads on the broadcast and talk shows have no idea if the qb missed the receiver or if the receiver goofed up the play.

Several years ago I read a paper that said the qb is the least important player on a team. A lot of players can take a snap and hand off the ball or throw it if the receiver can get open and be in the right area when the ball gets there. Seem to recall the paper had either the defensive backs or linebackers listed as the most important positions on a team.

headhawg
09-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Several years ago I read a paper that said the qb is the least important player on a team. A lot of players can take a snap and hand off the ball or throw it if the receiver can get open and be in the right area when the ball gets there. Seem to recall the paper had either the defensive backs or linebackers listed as the most important positions on a team.You don't seriously believe this, do you? Look at the past Super Bowl winners. The vast majority of them had -- at least -- above average quarterbacks and above average defenses. Of the four teams that come to mind with only average QBs (2003 Bucs, 2000 Ravens, 1991 Skins, 1985 Bears) their team defense was outstanding! In the case of the Bears their secondary (the corners, especially) was their weak point. They didn't need to be great; the Bears d-line might have been the best of all time.

And if NFL teams didn't think that the QB position was so important why would they pay these guys so much? And you would see a lot more "Wildcat" offenses. So whoever wrote that paper is a complete moron, and I would book his/her bets anytime.

dutchboy
09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
You don't seriously believe this, do you? Look at the past Super Bowl winners. The vast majority of them had -- at least -- above average quarterbacks and above average defenses. Of the four teams that come to mind with only average QBs (2003 Bucs, 2000 Ravens, 1991 Skins, 1985 Bears) their team defense was outstanding! In the case of the Bears their secondary (the corners, especially) was their weak point. They didn't need to be great; the Bears d-line might have been the best of all time.

And if NFL teams didn't think that the QB position was so important why would they pay these guys so much? And you would see a lot more "Wildcat" offenses. So whoever wrote that paper is a complete moron, and I would book his/her bets anytime.

I only believe what can be proven by the numbers and the paper had the stats to back up the comment.

dutchboy
09-20-2009, 12:36 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/14587-why-quarterback-is-not-the-most-important-position-in-football

headhawg
09-20-2009, 01:39 PM
I only believe what can be proven by the numbers and the paper had the stats to back up the comment.I don't want to threadjack here... Oh, wait a minute. It's my thread. Ok then...

Anyway, numbers don't "prove" anything. Read the book How to Lie with Statistics. At best, they are correlational not causal, and you can interpret stats in just about any way that you want. And that link didn't really show much in the way of stats.

I'm also not in complete disagreement with the author about the o-line. But using the 2006 Bears is a completely silly example and causes me to question whether or not he knows anything about football. That o-line was average at best; the defense stepped up when it had to (revisit the Arizona game. Hell, look at the first 13 weeks of the season.), the special teams won games for them (see Devin Hester), and many games that year-- especially early -- Rex Grossman looked like a Pro Bowl QB.

So the NFL is the ultimate team sport, and it's impossible to say what the most important position is. Even if you believe that it's the o-line that's not a single position. Go ahead -- someone make a good argument that it's a position other than quarterback. That article surely didn't.

Show Me the Wire
09-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Da Bears bigger problem than QB, is no pass defense. I should say non-existence of pass defense.

headhawg
09-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Big win by the Bears.

dav4463
09-20-2009, 11:56 PM
The thread needs editing.............Replace Jay Cutler with Tony Romo and replace Bears fans with Cowboys fans! :D

headhawg
09-21-2009, 12:06 AM
:lol:, Dave.

dav4463
09-21-2009, 12:40 AM
He's getting ripped on talkshows right now! Hitzges is trying to defend him on The Ticket, but the fans are having none of it. They are fed up with the glamour boy!

Marshall Bennett
09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
The thread needs editing.............Replace Jay Cutler with Tony Romo :D
:ThmbUp: I refuse to comment futher , I did the same with Texans and Schuab last week and look what they did to Titans . :)

Valuist
09-21-2009, 08:23 AM
First off let me just say that the shanahan story is a load of crap. Cut marshall? There is NO chance that he would have done that. Even with all the crap he pulled this offseason they still didn't cut him.
You can disparage the skill positions all you want but the bottom line is they were all productive with cutler and that includes about 5-6 different rb.

I'm not a cutler fan but the broncos were better with him than orton.

Nobody is saying the Broncos weren't better with Cutler than Orton. Cutler clearly has a stronger arm. But the public tends to fall in love with QB arm strength just like they do with a pitcher's "stuff". I'm sure Cutler will have considerably more passing yardage at the end of the season but he'll also throw more INTs.

Bochall
09-21-2009, 10:39 AM
We all know it was Yoko Ono who ruined the Beatles right? Jerry Jones got rid of the Yoko T.O., but he still must rid himself of the Yoko Romo to save his franchise! Else, they will splinter and bitterly go their separate ways.

cj's dad
09-21-2009, 10:52 AM
none them can compare to the ravens joe cool :cool: :jump:

Another fine performance by Flacco; and only in his second year. I guess he hasn't heard about the sophomore jinx (what a crock !!!).

McGahee looks like he is back 100% and with Ray Rice coming out of the backfield for dump offs and LaRon Mclain pounding out yardage the Ravens look very very tough on offense. With the addition of Ray Oher at right tackle, Todd Heap has been freed up from his numerous blocking assignments and is once again free to play as a true tight end.
For the 1st time in the history of the Ravens they actually have an offfense that can strike fear in an oppenents defense.

The teams weak link appears to be the secondary, then again Philip Rivers
(350+ yards passing) is not exactly an average QB.

Quagmire
09-21-2009, 11:09 AM
We all know it was Yoko Ono who ruined the Beatles right? Jerry Jones got rid of the Yoko T.O., but he still must rid himself of the Yoko Romo to save his franchise! Else, they will splinter and bitterly go their separate ways.

Jerry loves his new stadium and scoreboard.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2009/09/500x_jjpick.jpg

headhawg
09-27-2009, 07:40 PM
:lol:

Two winning 4th quarter scoring drives in the last two weeks. Yea!

Hester actually showed real good hands today. Still not a #1 WR, but made some nice catches.

I'm officially off the panic wagon. Lions next week at home, and Det due for a letdown after their win against the hapless 'Skins. :p

melman
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Hawg my man u should really be off the panic bandwagon now. :) Seems a change of address has helped both Cutler and Orten. How did u like the 102 yd kickoff return> :jump: That guy looked as fast as Hester.

JimG
10-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Hawg my man u should really be off the panic bandwagon now. :) Seems a change of address has helped both Cutler and Orten. How did u like the 102 yd kickoff return> :jump: That guy looked as fast as Hester.

No kidding. Try being a Bucs fan. :(

headhawg
10-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Hawg my man u should really be off the panic bandwagon now. :) Seems a change of address has helped both Cutler and Orten. How did u like the 102 yd kickoff return> :jump: That guy looked as fast as Hester.Knox is faster. Hester is not the same guy that he was two or three years ago. Making him a WR has made him less...um...reckless, I guess.

I have only seen the highlights of Orton, but man, is Denver lucky. The tipped pass to Stokely (a bad throw into double-coverage), and that throw yesterday to Marshall wasn't that good. I'll take Cutler, thank you, quirks and all.

I didn't think that this was a Super Bowl bound team. Too many holes. O-line is average at best, same with the receivers. The defense is playing well enough but the freakin' Lions were embarrassing them in the 1st half. But they have a decent chance to make the playoffs in a pretty good division. Only three cupcakes left on the schedule (Browns, Rams, Lions) so still a tough road.

boomman
10-05-2009, 12:31 PM
No kidding. Try being a Bucs fan. :(

Or a Chiefs fan:(

Boomer

Marshall Bennett
10-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Do the Rams even have any fans ? :)

headhawg
11-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I renew this thread for obvious reasons. Here's a guy with 5 or 6 picks in the Red Zone, making millions of $$ per year. And look at his face. He does not care. Another big mistake signing by Jerry Angelo, the worst GM in the league now that Matt Millen is gone. And if you don't believe me about Angelo, just look it up. Terrible draft picks, signings, and free agents, and contract extensions. Pathetic.

headhawg
11-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Somebody. Please. Take this piece of crap QB off our hands.

Robert Goren
11-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Maybe the raiders will trade for this guy. I knew Denver would win more games with all most anyone at QB than that loser. He thinks he is Brett Farve, but he is just strong armed loser. I have seen a lot of his likes come and go.

Valuist
11-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Yet another example of what a worthless stat passing yardage is. If one throws for 4,000 yards in a season, which Cutler might, it doesn't do much good if you are throwing 25 (or more) interceptions. There's a reason why stat gurus came up with the QB rating; its about efficiency; not sheer yardage.

With his arm strength, attitude, gunslinger mentality and being from Indiana, he reminds me more of Jeff George every day.

NJ Stinks
11-13-2009, 02:35 AM
What a painful game to watch unless you had under. Even a financial interest on either side almost wasn't enough. Yet the NFL is anti-gambling on their games. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it sure looked like Cutler had a great chance to run it in on the last play....

Rookies
11-13-2009, 06:54 AM
What a painful game to watch unless you had under. Even a financial interest on either side almost wasn't enough. Yet the NFL is anti-gambling on their games. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it sure looked like Cutler had a great chance to run it in on the last play....

There is NO purpose to the NFL other than gambling.

Other than their mommies, who would give a shit about a matchup between the Bills & the Rams, if it wasn't for the number(s) involved ?

Valuist
11-13-2009, 08:13 AM
There is NO purpose to the NFL other than gambling.

Other than their mommies, who would give a shit about a matchup between the Bills & the Rams, if it wasn't for the number(s) involved ?

That's not entirely true. Fantasy football is a huge source of interest as well, but lets face it, Fantasy leagues are basically a form of gambling with one end of season payoff. Same with Last Man Standing Pools. But yeah, take away gambling AND fantasy football and nobody would watch games that didn't involve their home area team.

Publicly, the NFL tries to distance itself from gambling. But they definitely know how important it is. That is the only reason there is an injury report.

headhawg
11-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Yet another example of what a worthless stat passing yardage is. If one throws for 4,000 yards in a season, which Cutler might, it doesn't do much good if you are throwing 25 (or more) interceptions. There's a reason why stat gurus came up with the QB rating; its about efficiency; not sheer yardage.

With his arm strength, attitude, gunslinger mentality and being from Indiana, he reminds me more of Jeff George every day.What is with his attitude? His team looks like crap, he can't make good throws (he seems to be high with his throws because his feet aren't ever set), is throwing the football to the other team, and he is on the sideline laughing and joking like nothing's wrong!!

Now I'm not saying that I want Orton back, but look at the winning percentages of the two QBs. Cutler is not a winner, and he never will be a winner. And the idiot Angelo decides to give him a contract extension when one was not needed; he was not going to be a free agent at the end of the year.

The whole lot of them must go -- Angelo, Lovie, Ron Turner, Babich, and all of the other Smith cronies. He is such a weak-stick of a coach that I get physically ill thinking about him. How does Tommy Harris not get suspended? If not by the league at least by the team. He punched a guy in the face! This team is in disarray but the money-hungry McCaskey's won't eat those contracts. What a joke. If George Halas was still alive he would kick all of their asses and make sure that they never got another NFL job again.

Valuist
11-13-2009, 11:53 AM
What is with his attitude? His team looks like crap, he can't make good throws (he seems to be high with his throws because his feet aren't ever set), is throwing the football to the other team, and he is on the sideline laughing and joking like nothing's wrong!!

Now I'm not saying that I want Orton back, but look at the winning percentages of the two QBs. Cutler is not a winner, and he never will be a winner. And the idiot Angelo decides to give him a contract extension when one was not needed; he was not going to be a free agent at the end of the year.

The whole lot of them must go -- Angelo, Lovie, Ron Turner, Babich, and all of the other Smith cronies. He is such a weak-stick of a coach that I get physically ill thinking about him. How does Tommy Harris not get suspended? If not by the league at least by the team. He punched a guy in the face! This team is in disarray but the money-hungry McCaskey's won't eat those contracts. What a joke. If George Halas was still alive he would kick all of their asses and make sure that they never got another NFL job again.

I hear ya. Re: Orton, while its obvious Cutler has more natural talent, Orton has better leadership skills. Just check out Manning or Brady after an offensive series. They are talking (or in Peytons case, screaming at) to teammates about what went right, what went wrong, and adjustments that could be made. You often see Peyton looking at photos and talking to the O-coordinator about adjustments. Look at Cutler after a series. Walks straight to the bench, sits down and puts on the baseball cap. No interaction with other offensive players or coaches. He still could develop into a high level QB but he has to make changes in his decision making and acquire some leadership skills. Right now, he is severly lacking in those areas.

Definitely have to boot the GM Angelo. His history of first round picks has been bad.

Show Me the Wire
11-13-2009, 12:56 PM
The only way to improve da Bears:

Most definetly agree.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Some of his passes reminded me of many pro basketball players, who when they are getting fouled, quick throw up a shot in the hopes of making it a shooting foul or a 3-point play with the basket. Fine for basketball, but the play doesn't stop after he launches the football. Couple of the ints were unfortunate situations, but there were at least a couple that he threw in vain as he was getting hit that could have been picked off. No, we're back back to Rex-like behavior. Except when Rex is in the press conferences, you could tell he knew he'd been a bad boy. I thought at first that Cutler acting unfazed initially was a good thing - like his experience getting through good and bad times would get him through. Now am wondering if he realizes how much of the problem falls on his shoulders, and if he'll actually change. Being experienced shouldn't have him doing some of these things. I understood the Green Bay game. Not these last two.

GaryG
11-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Fran Tarkenton is not impressed either.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4652043

And Cutler was fined for abusive behavior toward an official in the AZ fiasco. They must have taught him better than that at Vanderbilt. :D

toetoe
11-13-2009, 08:07 PM
It's one game. Keep yer :cool: .

Okay, it's now nine games. Sorry.

P.S. I'm a 49'ers fan. Phew !!! (:Mopping brow.)

Show Me the Wire
11-13-2009, 08:12 PM
What is the difference this year with Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler. The Bears coaching staff. Is the problem was the problem and will be the problem.

The offensive line is undisciplined, as well as, the recievers.

DanG
11-13-2009, 09:27 PM
The fact that Chicago gave up a 2nd round pick to get Gaines Adams off my TB ‘Yuks should have Bear nation very worried imo. The word from everyone who saw him practice was “he gets rag-dolled by tight ends” or as Warren Sapp put it on Showtime…”The Bears signed one more bullet….too bad it’s a blank.”

headhawg
11-14-2009, 11:33 AM
The fact that Chicago gave up a 2nd round pick to get Gaines Adams off my TB ‘Yuks should have Bear nation very worried imo. The word from everyone who saw him practice was “he gets rag-dolled by tight ends” or as Warren Sapp put it on Showtime…”The Bears signed one more bullet….too bad it’s a blank.”The whole staff, and to some degree the whole organization, has no real clue about football. Did they look at Jerry Angelo's resume? His draft history in early rounds with Tampa especially on the o-side of the ball is brutal. Adams is another great example of wasting picks; they overrate themselves so much that they think they can work some kind of magic on players who are busts. If anything, it's the reverse -- guys who leave the Bears go on to play better somewhere else. (Curtis Benson comes to mind, and Chris something, the safety who went to the Panthers.)

The Bears have never -- I mean NEVER -- hired a head coach with any NFL head coach experience. Coach Love Child gets them to the Super Bowl (a game in which they were clearly unprepared and then too stupid to make adjustments) and they lock him in to a big 5-year deal. He has a below .500 record since that game.

The only reason this Cutler deal looks any good at all is that the Bears would have effed-up the 1st round picks anyway, so trading them away was no big deal. They finally get an alleged franchise QB and they put together such a sorry-ass team around him. And it will be this way for years, just enough time to have Cutler's contract expire and they decide bring Moses Moreno out of retirement to play the position. Or maybe Henry Burris. Or Jonathan Quinn. Kordell Stewart anyone???

banacek
11-14-2009, 11:46 AM
And it will be this way for years, just enough time to have Cutler's contract expire and they decide bring Moses Moreno out of retirement to play the position. Or maybe Henry Burris. Or Jonathan Quinn. Kordell Stewart anyone???

Burris is busy ths weekend,

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/Hank+would+good+Eskimos/2223026/story.html

but he'd love to go back.

Valuist
11-14-2009, 11:48 PM
The whole staff, and to some degree the whole organization, has no real clue about football. Did they look at Jerry Angelo's resume? His draft history in early rounds with Tampa especially on the o-side of the ball is brutal. Adams is another great example of wasting picks; they overrate themselves so much that they think they can work some kind of magic on players who are busts. If anything, it's the reverse -- guys who leave the Bears go on to play better somewhere else. (Curtis Benson comes to mind, and Chris something, the safety who went to the Panthers.)

The Bears have never -- I mean NEVER -- hired a head coach with any NFL head coach experience. Coach Love Child gets them to the Super Bowl (a game in which they were clearly unprepared and then too stupid to make adjustments) and they lock him in to a big 5-year deal. He has a below .500 record since that game.

The only reason this Cutler deal looks any good at all is that the Bears would have effed-up the 1st round picks anyway, so trading them away was no big deal. They finally get an alleged franchise QB and they put together such a sorry-ass team around him. And it will be this way for years, just enough time to have Cutler's contract expire and they decide bring Moses Moreno out of retirement to play the position. Or maybe Henry Burris. Or Jonathan Quinn. Kordell Stewart anyone???

The safety that they let go was Chris Harris, who has turned out to be a pretty good player. But your points are all valid. I know the Tribune had an article last week saying the Bears would never get rid of Lovie or Angelo before their contracts expire because they are too cheap. But one of the "insiders" on Inside the NFL said the other day that they (Lovie and Angelo) could be in a little more hot water than that. I really felt going into the season that if the Bears didn't make the playoffs, Lovie would be gone.

wisconsin
11-16-2009, 12:36 PM
The head coach is a softie, the offensive coordinater who is calling the plays was a losing college coach (ok, he did win the Sugar Bowl once), but outside of that 10-2 season, he was what, some 30 games under .500 at Illinois. The play calling is horrible. Does not fit the players he has. Please, bring in a Mike Shanahan or a Jeff Fischer, anyone who has actually coached an NFL game before. When this team is healthy, they underachieve under these pathetic coaches. Decimated with injuries, every game is gonna be a loss with these dips.

Marshall Bennett
11-23-2009, 08:40 AM
What a terrible performance by Cutler last night . This has to be about as bad as it gets . There has to be something better on the bench or elsewhere to replace this useless excuse for a quarterback .

headhawg
11-23-2009, 09:11 AM
As I've mentioned before, the whole lot of football personnel management must go. Cutler is a crap quarterback; anyone with any football acumen can see that. He's got a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head. So what does the brain trust do? Sign him to an extension when there was no hurry to do so.

And how'd ya like Gaines Adams? He's a stud on defense. :rolleyes: We only had to give up a 2nd rounder for him. This team is in the toilet. A couple of more moves like these and the Bears will be mentioned in the same breath as Detroit, Oakland, Tampa, and Cleveland. Sad.

Thank God the Blackhawks were on last night. I got to see a really good Chicago team for a change. And that was a team that was in the crapper, but they made some huge management changes and now look at them. They are one of the best teams in the league (although I still question some of Dale Tallon's moves) and Hossa hasn't even played yet. Here come the 'hawks, the mighty Blackhawks...

headhawg
11-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Burris is busy ths weekend,

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/Hank+would+good+Eskimos/2223026/story.html

but he'd love to go back.Now I have another reason to question the quality of Canadian football. The Grey Cup MVP? You've got to be kidding me.

banacek
11-23-2009, 09:48 AM
The Grey Cup MVP? You've got to be kidding me.

Anyone can have a good game and he did last year. Yesterday in the Western Final, Burris played like Jay Cutler.:lol:

headhawg
11-23-2009, 10:16 AM
I really felt going into the season that if the Bears didn't make the playoffs, Lovie would be gone.You know about the penny-pinching McCaskeys. With two years and I think 10 mil left they will likely give him at least another year. And they won't pay for a "name" coach anyway, especially one that will ask for 7 or 8 million and then have to pay the Love Child's contract money as well. So Bears fans will suffer through the high expectations, low payoff football we've had over the last few years. And even longer than that, since the mid '80s when you think about it.

They will simply make Ron Turner the scapegoat to appease the fans, but the core problem is Angelo (and the higher-ups that don't know football). Until the rotten core is gone and replaced by real football people it's going to be the s.o.s.

Valuist
11-23-2009, 10:20 AM
As I've mentioned before, the whole lot of football personnel management must go. Cutler is a crap quarterback; anyone with any football acumen can see that. He's got a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head. So what does the brain trust do? Sign him to an extension when there was no hurry to do so.

And how'd ya like Gaines Adams? He's a stud on defense. :rolleyes: We only had to give up a 2nd rounder for him. This team is in the toilet. A couple of more moves like these and the Bears will be mentioned in the same breath as Detroit, Oakland, Tampa, and Cleveland. Sad.

Thank God the Blackhawks were on last night. I got to see a really good Chicago team for a change. And that was a team that was in the crapper, but they made some huge management changes and now look at them. They are one of the best teams in the league (although I still question some of Dale Tallon's moves) and Hossa hasn't even played yet. Here come the 'hawks, the mighty Blackhawks...

I had a choice of either watching the game at 8pm Central or the Seinfeld reunion on Curb Your Enthusiasm, or just taping HBO. I said, screw the game; at least I knew that outcome before it happened. Looks like I made the right choice watching Curb.

toetoe
11-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Looks like I made the right choice watching Curb.

What a horrible, horrible thing to say about the other options. :D .
If it's all about Larry David, what's left for the talented comedians and those who know funny when they see it ?

I would need to be paid to watch that "funny man ( :( )." No, in fact, I would have to be kicked to the Curb. Did anybody see LDav at the awards ceremony (Kennedy Center, maybe ?) for the great ( :rolleyes: ) Steve Martin ? I was waiting for Larry to have a stroke. Now that might be funny. Jeez.

Larry David ... Wanda (Yikes) Sykes --- WHO wants it more ? :eek: .

Valuist
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Larry is a narcissist, no doubt. But thats part of the show. Not everyone is going to like him. And I don't think he cares.

Valuist
12-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Here's the Bang Cartoon take on Cutler:

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/pick_sick.htm

NJ Stinks
12-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Here's the Bang Cartoon take on Cutler:

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/pick_sick.htm

Hilarious! :lol: Especially the line of interceptors near the end! :lol:

headhawg
12-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Unbelievable how bad this guy is -- two picks in the 1st Q. But let's sign him to an extension because he's the franchise QB we've always wanted. :rolleyes:

And the Bears "brain"trust is going to keep all of the morons involved -- Ted Philips, Jerry Angelo, Lovie-Dovie and the rest of his pathetic staff. Oh, sure. They'll make Turner the scapegoat, but what offensive coordinator would take this job? Another no-talent idiot like Turner?

sandpit
12-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Unbelievable how bad this guy is -- two picks in the 1st Q. But let's sign him to an extension because he's the franchise QB we've always wanted. :rolleyes:

And the Bears "brain"trust is going to keep all of the morons involved -- Ted Philips, Jerry Angelo, Lovie-Dovie and the rest of his pathetic staff. Oh, sure. They'll make Turner the scapegoat, but what offensive coordinator would take this job? Another no-talent idiot like Turner?

well, he is 5 for 8 to this point, so if you add in the 2 completions he threw to the other team, his percentage is pretty good so far :)

Valuist
12-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Another bad decision by Cutler. The Bears have the ball with 1:30 left in the first half, its 3rd and 5 and Cutler has to scramble. Rather than slide and stay in bounds, keeping the clock moving (or forcing Baltimore to burn a timeout), he runs out of bounds. To make matters worse, on the previous play, RB Forte also ran out of bounds. Dumb decisions. Blame the players but the coaching staff has to take heat for dumb decisions made by players, also.

headhawg
12-20-2009, 05:48 PM
No doubt, Valuist. If there is any talent here it's not being coached correctly. (The d-line has soooooo much improved with Love-child's buddy Miracle Marinelli coaching. :rolleyes: ) And Angelo (and the entire scouting/personnel staff) is awful at assessing talent so the Bears have the double-whammy which is why they have looked so horrible the last few years. That Super Bowl appearance was a complete fluke, but let's give the LoveMonger more money and more years. Remember his "Trust me" speech? Yeah, ok. We're 19-21 since then, I think. I simply trust that he's an incompetent buffoon of a coach and that Bears ownership is too cheap to eat his contract.

bisket
12-20-2009, 06:06 PM
i have to pass on what i heard on our local pregame show today (baltimore). the radio guy said, "the bears are 30th(or something close) in rushing, and baltimore is 5th (or something close) against the run. jay cutler is gonna beat somebody today. it may be the ravens, but most likely it'll be the bears". :lol: now i don't care who you are thats funny :D

only11
12-20-2009, 06:38 PM
well, he is 5 for 8 to this point, so if you add in the 2 completions he threw to the other team, his percentage is pretty good so far :)
Remember he only in his second FULL YEAR.

Valuist
12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Actually, he's in his 3rd full season.

I have to laugh when I hear the comparisons between him and Favre after about 45 career starts. The stats were eerily similar. But how they got to those numbers is completely different. Favre was brutal in his first season but then showed solid improvement and by his 3rd full season, he was clearly a star on the rise. Cutler had a big season in 2007, a decent year in 2008, and a horrible season in 2009. QB ratings: 2007: 88 2008: 86 2009: 75 (not counting todays game). INTs: 2007: 14 2008: 18 2009: 22 (after 13 games).

only11
12-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Actually, he's in his 3rd full season.

I have to laugh when I hear the comparisons between him and Favre after about 45 career starts. The stats were eerily similar. But how they got to those numbers is completely different. Favre was brutal in his first season but then showed solid improvement and by his 3rd full season, he was clearly a star on the rise. Cutler had a big season in 2007, a decent year in 2008, and a horrible season in 2009. QB ratings: 2007: 88 2008: 86 2009: 75 (not counting todays game). INTs: 2007: 14 2008: 18 2009: 22 (after 13 games).
Do you think him having the diabetes is having a effect on his vision.

Valuist
12-21-2009, 02:46 PM
No, I think he just makes bad decisions. Some of these guys who have very strong arms think they can do anything......so they try to throw into double coverage and throw off the back foot. QBs like him remind me of pitchers who have the 97-98 MPH fastball and big curve but for some reason, the hitters keep drilling them.